Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

20 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

The maxi for LP (by "LP" I mean "Love Profusion," sorry if it doesn't mean so obvious) gets promising... Hope Warner/Rhino keeps this generosity and offers asap Secret and Erotica singles part 2, Secret with Let You Guard Down and the missing Junior promo mixes and Erotica with the missing mixes that feature on Japanese Deeper and Deeper EP!!!

Even though a Shazam detection doesnt mean anything,this might mean we are getting it

By the way can anyone pls talk to Delabarres on Instagram via PM about the mix shown on the shazam pic?Can anyone ask him to include it and tell if they did it?

Thanks 

10 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Even though a Shazam detection doesnt mean anything,this might mean we are getting it

By the way can anyone pls talk to Delabarres on Instagram via PM about the mix shown on the shazam pic?Can anyone ask him to include it and tell if they did it?

Thanks 

@Roycould u do it since you are already an intimate to Delebarre????

On 10/27/2023 at 10:48 AM, Fabiolous said:

I wonder if this is enough evidence for the people that claim Die another day is the first single off the album? 😂 

I think the reason why a lot of fans consider Die Another Day as the first single from the album is for a number of reasons. We all know American Life was the lead single for the album campaign etc. But due to Die Another Day being recorded at the same time, included as part of the whole album, I think it's clear why.

The song definitely comes from the time and place of the album. It was also used in promotion for the album, remixes were included on the American Life single and has been used as part of the campaign throughout the tour also. I don't think anyone denies that it was for the Bond film and cross promotion took place. Full scale single release etc. 

For me it definitely felt like it was as American Life was the first Madonna album I ever bought and at the time Hollywood had just come out and I was excited to also know Die Another Day and obviously the title track was included (I was 8 at the time haha)

On 10/27/2023 at 7:21 PM, Anapausis said:

Btw, I was used to watch THIS MV for "They:"

Wonder why the version uped to Jem's official account (video in previous post) is a blatant rip-off of Kylie's Put Yourself in My Place. Maybe she felt the need to pay some homage.

Maybe because both make reference to the iconic Barbarella's Opening Credits scene

A lead single isn’t always a first single. 
The first actor onstage isn’t always the lead. 
Many albums work like this.

Jessie Wares What’s Your Pleasure has three singles released before Spotlight led the album campaign. 

American Pie and Live To Tell are both examples of her own career where a soundtrack song with a new found producer collaborator serve as a taster for the album and set the tone for what’s to come in some way. 

18 hours ago, steady75 said:

Jessie Wares What’s Your Pleasure has three singles released before Spotlight led the album campaign. 

American Pie and Live To Tell are both examples of her own career where a soundtrack song with a new found producer collaborator serve as a taster for the album and set the tone for what’s to come in some way. 

Exactly! Good point. I guess a slight difference with American Pie as it was truly a bonus track and always billed as so, like Into The Groove in Europe. But yes, Live To Tell is a great example also.

Edited by BoyToyMark (see edit history)

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I know my British friend but it's Warner/Rhino's word, I also consider Die Another Day as 1st single off American Life (as Live to Tell is to True Blue), but her current label does not take that in consideration for their 20th anniversary campaign to AL album. Our hope is that Die Another Day maxisingle gets chosen to be the now traditional "Xmas gift single" of 2023 as Rescue Me, Take a Bow and Gambler were for the years they were reissued.

EDIT: If it were actually released as a single for Mirwaïs's Production album, Paradise (Not for Me) would've earned the right to be Music's first single too. American Pie is in your UK Music CD, in my Brazilian CD, in our local streamings, but nowhere to be found on any American CD or streaming (unless it's in The Next Best Thing OST, ofc). So... Could it be Music (International Edition)'s 1st single, but Music's as per se...

37 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Well, much likely Rhino has a fish memory much like me. #findingdory

Singles are uploaded in pretty much the same order as they appear in the trailer. Next Love Profusion and then Die Another Day eventually. In next two weeks Rhino will  release Don't Tell Me.

4 minutes ago, Cyberraga said:

Singles are uploaded in pretty much the same order as they appear in the trailer. Next Love Profusion and then Die Another Day eventually. In next two weeks Rhino will  release Don't Tell Me.

So it's pretty sure Die Another Day's gonna be the "2023 Xmas gift single;" such a smart move - I'd do the same if I were them.

8 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

I hope so, my favorite remix (a variation of) Nothing fails is in the love profusion maxi. 

Love that we got Nothing Fails remixes this past Friday. They sound really good! I just love seeing these remixes getting a digital release. It's been so fun checking out the releases and reminiscing on the different era. Can't wait to see what we have coming next!

Edited by Alappask34344 (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Alappask34344 said:

Love that we got Nothing Fails remixes this past Friday. They sound really good! I just love seeing these remixes getting a digital release. It's been so fun checking out the releases and reminiscing on the different era. Can't wait to see what we have coming next!

Don't Tell Me

I truly am excited for those thunder puss and other extra remixes,so we will have the commercial music era full after the single release

50 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Don't Tell Me

I truly am excited for those thunder puss and other extra remixes,so we will have the commercial music era full after the single release

Me too! Love the Don't Tell Me remixes. Hoping Cyber-raga is on there so its more widely available!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW