MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TOpher said:

international man of mystery fembots GIFApparently this is Madonna fans if they read a press release the same week her remix album comes out. 

Apparently some people don't know what "press release" means? Even when it has the word PRESS on its name?

A press release is not for Madonna fans. Is for, ahem, the press and Warner/Rhino want the news they send to be covered as much as possible. Press and music websites receive tons of different press releases every day, from different artists. If they receive different messages involving Madonna at the same time, yes, the main one will be lost and there's the risk that that media outlet doesn't cover anything at all.

Also, the promo efforts (Jimmy Fallon, the Nile Rodgers party, the online ads) are all about "Finally Enough Love". They won't waste those announcing something else today.

You're welcome.

PS: Of course, no press release today with a new album coming out this Friday. "Finally Enough Love" is the priority this week. We all want the reissues to be announced yesterday and a year ago, but that's not how it works. I think is a very simple and traditional marketing rule, really: don't mix up different releases and don't announce the next one until you've milked the current one.

You'll be getting nothing for a month now. October is only six weeks away. I imagine weve got a month of Finally Enough Love to let it breathe and then we'll hear about the Everybody 12" and digital release on  22nd September. Two weeks before the anniversary.

I imagine the Digital EP will be the main push featuring a remix and or feature. 

A HD video and potentially some other live performances on You Tube

Some merch

and a special 12" only available from her webstore 

I also imagine the release of Everybody will probably herald the announcement of the upcoming debut deluxe.

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Maybe the questions we all submitted will be in some way related to the anniversary. Like a live Q&A thing around the world to celebrate with everybody 

It'll be a video of Madonna just speed reading through the questions to herself and just answering  yes, no, no way, no, soon, no, I'm 42!, no, no, Madame X Part 2 hmm interesting, what's HD? NO!

4 minutes ago, Roy said:

Shit, I did not expect Madonna to serve this kind of aesthetic. This is giving early 2000s punk look in some magazines.

Is this from last year's Pride Boom event?

I thought it was but it looks to be newer, and related to a new interview with paper magazine that I linked above

On 8/16/2022 at 7:38 PM, steady75 said:

You'll be getting nothing for a month now. October is only six weeks away. I imagine weve got a month of Finally Enough Love to let it breathe and then we'll hear about the Everybody 12" and digital release on  22nd September. Two weeks before the anniversary.

I imagine the Digital EP will be the main push featuring a remix and or feature. 

A HD video and potentially some other live performances on You Tube

Some merch

and a special 12" only available from her webstore 

I also imagine the release of Everybody will probably herald the announcement of the upcoming debut deluxe.

So has the release of EVERYBODY  12 inch and digital EP been officially announced?  

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

From the new Paper article:

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

@wtg1987@stefo Keep praying!

I dunno man. The way the Like A Virgin thing is so closely being tied to Nile makes me think the soundtrack songs are not going to be folded in to the release. They sound ripe for a Special Edition 12" vinyl release...but for my money Like A Virgin album really needs Crazy For You, Gambler and Into The Groove. With those three I think it makes it one of her strongest albums. 

All Killer minus Pretender & Shoo-Be-Do

29 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I dunno man. The way the Like A Virgin thing is so closely being tied to Nile makes me think the soundtrack songs are not going to be folded in to the release. They sound ripe for a Special Edition 12" vinyl release...but for my money Like A Virgin album really needs Crazy For You, Gambler and Into The Groove. With those three I think it makes it one of her strongest albums. 

All Killer minus Pretender & Shoo-Be-Do

Plus throw in the full VT on blu ray remastered thanks 😘

Yeah I have to say I’m starting to think Like A Virgin really is gonna be the first one. 

Nile Rogers roller disco

Nile Interview

Material Gworlll

She even says in that interview that her first album didn’t do too well. 

The song Like A Virgin was released end of October and the album released November which would make for a good Xmas release. Finally an Angel video for the Xmas period. 
Happy 38th anniversary I guess. 

“I know it’s not 40 yet officially but we’re bringing it out early because the first time I released it I had to wait for what seemed like years because my debut album was picking up steam again. So this time my first record is being punished and it can wait til I’m ready. Can you lose your virginity twice? Sure just ask my ex husband ” etc. 

image.jpeg.060407c60af034406a78f9e936c38371.jpeg