Jump to content

MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!


Shoful
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

This is probably why we haven’t had a box set - M prob thinks what’s the point as won’t be able to please all my bitches especially if it doesn’t include fever edit one , two , three - lucky star edit , open your heart remix edit and warning signs 😂🤣🥹🤔

I'm sure she really doesn''t give two hoots about it.  Things like this is more something the record companies prefer to make money off of, but obviously Madonna has a lot of say in what is released.  She obviously isn't interested in having a zillion different compilations or different versions of her studio albums, yet have a couple significant ones that may stand out as Immaculate Collection and Something To Remember has.  She obviously was happy to release those, but put some added touches to it, to not make it your typical Greatest Hits. I would suspect as she is nearing the end of her career, she may decide to rethink such, and start re-issuing and releasing more collections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone on Pop Justice pointed out a few days ago that maybe reconnecting with Stuart Price last year and now with the tour after all those years apart may have changed any future plans for the reissues? Could be, maybe she started working on some remasters with Mike Dean (he did "Finally Enough Love") but now Stuart is in charge? They've used countless stems for the tour with different parts, vocals, etc. so obviously they have all the material.

We'll see.

Or we won't!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

This is probably why we haven’t had a box set - M prob thinks what’s the point as won’t be able to please all my bitches especially if it doesn’t include fever edit one , two , three - lucky star edit , open your heart remix edit and warning signs 😂🤣🥹🤔

Preach.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Someone on Pop Justice pointed out a few days ago that maybe reconnecting with Stuart Price last year and now with the tour after all those years apart may have changed any future plans for the reissues? Could be, maybe she started working on some remasters with Mike Dean (he did "Finally Enough Love") but now Stuart is in charge? They've used countless stems for the tour with different parts, vocals, etc. so obviously they have all the material.

We'll see.

Or we won't!

I would love a Hits collection featuring reworks by Stuart similar to Shep’s mixes on TIC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Someone on Pop Justice pointed out a few days ago that maybe reconnecting with Stuart Price last year and now with the tour after all those years apart may have changed any future plans for the reissues? Could be, maybe she started working on some remasters with Mike Dean (he did "Finally Enough Love") but now Stuart is in charge? They've used countless stems for the tour with different parts, vocals, etc. so obviously they have all the material.

We'll see.

Or we won't!

Anything Stuart involved I am on board.  Though I am sure it's just pure speculation.  It's possible that a re-issue could happen with Like A Virgin next year being that is the album the catapulted her to stardom:).  But like you said, "we'll see!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

There's a solution to this. Box 80s, Box 90s, Box 00s and Box 10s. 

Oh, that's stupid solution. We know which one wouldn't sell much. :coffee:

I guess, but if it's made-to-order pre-sale-style, then it'd work. Online-only -- we'd all get what we want. 

Metallica does this all the time. They produce their own limited edition web-fan-club only releases .. it's easy.

Also, if there's concern for the last decade to sell, then you balance that box out with some super special "singles" like Santa Baby, Impressive Instant, Buenos Aires, Nobody Knows Me .. God Control .. with a few bonus remixes not found anywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, captainjay said:

I guess, but if it's made-to-order pre-sale-style, then it'd work. Online-only -- we'd all get what we want. 

Metallica does this all the time. They produce their own limited edition web-fan-club only releases .. it's easy.

Also, if there's concern for the last decade to sell, then you balance that box out with some super special "singles" like Santa Baby, Impressive Instant, Buenos Aires, Nobody Knows Me .. God Control .. with a few bonus remixes not found anywhere. 

The last decade may not be a selling point, but if it's bundled together with something special, fans will definitely buy it.  I wouldn't expect the majority of the public would be interested in spending too much on purchasing her back catalog to such extent.  This type of thing would be more aimed at the fans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Prayer said:

Someone on Pop Justice pointed out a few days ago that maybe reconnecting with Stuart Price last year and now with the tour after all those years apart may have changed any future plans for the reissues? Could be, maybe she started working on some remasters with Mike Dean (he did "Finally Enough Love") but now Stuart is in charge? They've used countless stems for the tour with different parts, vocals, etc. so obviously they have all the material.

We'll see.

Or we won't!

I could actually see this happening, especially since he supposedly remastered her discography years ago. 

 

Imagine a re-worked version of one of her albums that stays true to the originals a la The Immaculate Collection. I'm here for debut (Madonna's Version) :hyper:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2023 at 5:52 AM, musicinferno said:

I could actually see this happening, especially since he supposedly remastered her discography years ago. 

 

Imagine a re-worked version of one of her albums that stays true to the originals a la The Immaculate Collection. I'm here for debut (Madonna's Version) :hyper:

Yea, I posted that a couple days ago.

It would be too good so it won’t happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

At this point and after waiting nearly 2 and a half years - I would take any album expanded just so we can finally know the template they will be using - will it be like the Prince reissues - vinyl and cd box sets with video content ? 

Probably just like the 2001 remasters we got of the first 3 albums.

Remastered by Mike Dean with 2-3 bonus remixes all in digipacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the meantime they could easily expand the first two albums on streaming like this:

Madonna - Deluxe Edition

01. Lucky Star

02. Borderline

03. Burning Up

04. I Know It

05. Holiday

06. Think Of Me

07. Physical Attraction

08. Everybody

09. Everybody – Dub Version

10. Burning Up – 12” Version

11. Borderline – New Mix

12. Lucky Star – New Mix

Like A Virgin - Deluxe Edition

01. Material Girl

02. Angel

03. Like A Virgin

04. Over And Over

05. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

06. Dress You Up

07. Shoo-Be-Doo

08. Pretender

09. Stay

10. Into The Groove - Non-LP Track

11. Like A Virgin – Extended Dance Mix

12. Material Girl – Extended Dance Mix

13. Angel - Extended Dance Mix

14. Dress You Up – 12” Formal Mix

 

They have all the parts, it'd make for something simple and nice for those first eras. It'd be the first time for the Everybody dub and Angel extended on streaming too.

Edited by BoyToyMark (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/9/2023 at 7:56 PM, McDonna said:

The last decade may not be a selling point, but if it's bundled together with something special, fans will definitely buy it.  I wouldn't expect the majority of the public would be interested in spending too much on purchasing her back catalog to such extent.  This type of thing would be more aimed at the fans.

Ya because the original releases sold sooooo well 😜🤪🙄 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, TOpher said:

Ya because the original releases sold sooooo well 😜🤪🙄 

It has nothing to do with how well they sold originally.  Certainly more interest would come from her most popular singles, but it doesn't mean they can't package a singles retrospective that includes her singles from the last three albums.

Anyway, it ain't even happening, so it's a moot point!  And if nothing comes of a expanded re-issue for LAV this coming year, then I'm more inclined to think no re-issues are coming or they are waiting for all albums to be under Warner by 2025.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

In the meantime they could easily expand the first two albums on streaming like this:

Madonna - Deluxe Edition

01. Lucky Star

02. Borderline

03. Burning Up

04. I Know It

05. Holiday

06. Think Of Me

07. Physical Attraction

08. Everybody

09. Everybody – Dub Version

10. Burning Up – 12” Version

11. Borderline – New Mix

12. Lucky Star – New Mix

Like A Virgin - Deluxe Edition

01. Material Girl

02. Angel

03. Like A Virgin

04. Over And Over

05. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

06. Dress You Up

07. Shoo-Be-Doo

08. Pretender

09. Stay

10. Into The Groove - Non-LP Track

11. Like A Virgin – Extended Dance Mix

12. Material Girl – Extended Dance Mix

13. Angel - Extended Dance Mix

14. Dress You Up – 12” Formal Mix

 

They have all the parts, it'd make for something simple and nice for those first eras. It'd be the first time for the Everybody dub and Angel extended on streaming too.

We don't need another "True blue 35th anniversary"-type thing. The missing remixes should be uploaded on their own in a digital maxi-single. That awful release is the reasons we still didn't get (and probably won't get) Papa don't preach, True blue, Live to tell and Open your heart uploaded with their original covers.

An expanded re-release should include NEW tracks or nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Something like this would be better

Madonna - Deluxe Edition

01. Lucky Star

02. Borderline

03. Burning Up

04. I Know It

05. Holiday

06. Think Of Me

07. Physical Attraction

08. Everybody

09. Burning Up (demo)

10. Everybody (demo)

11. Ain't No Big Deal (Outtake)

12. Crimes of passion (outtake)

11. Laugh to keep from crying (outtake)

12. Drowning (outtake)

 

Like a virgin - expanded

01. Material Girl

02. Angel

03. Like A Virgin

04. Over And Over

05. Love Don’t Live Here Anymore

06. Dress You Up

07. Shoo-Be-Doo

08. Pretender

09. Stay

10. Into The Groove (from Desperately Seeking Susan)

11. Crazy for you (From Vision Quest)

12. Gambler (from Vision Quest)

13. Stay (demo)

14. Don't you know (Stay early version)

14. Angel (Stephen Bray demo)

15. Over and over (Stephen Bray demo)

16. Warning signs (outtake)

17. Desperately Seeking Susan (outtake)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, McDonna said:

And if nothing comes of a expanded re-issue for LAV this coming year, then I'm more inclined to think no re-issues are coming or they are waiting for all albums to be under Warner by 2025.

I think it’s pretty clear no reissues are coming so it’s just better to let it go. Just enjoy the single uploads to streaming :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I think it’s pretty clear no reissues are coming so it’s just better to let it go. Just enjoy the single uploads to streaming :(

They'll eventually come. There was no time stamp. Meanwhile, I've been satisfied with the curated projects such as FEL that we've recently gotten. I also love the vinyls released for MX Tour and American Life Mix Show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use