The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

we need to remember that the rehearsals were almost finished when she had to be sent to ICU.

At the time opening night was 3 weeks away so she most likely had the setlist backdrops and choreography complete, with full dress rehearsals starting shortly after (if memory serves for past tours dress rehersals and run throughs usually happen a week or two before opening night)

Obviously they will now have to modify things slightly but I can't see any major changes being made to the setlist. if anything were to change I'd say the choreography will be modified and there might be longer interludes to allow for recovery time

6 hours ago, PM3962 said:

Meanwhile local or not she just had more than ten concerts with at least 30 000 people each time. And 180 000 people for three shows next year. Madonna? Nowhere at this time.

Request a refund for your Madonna concert + deactivate your account here + join a Mylene Farmer message board = problem solved.

3 hours ago, PM3962 said:

German ones.

So more than one month before the show to cancel my hotel and my trains.

Small venues that French and Belgian people ignore..

A chance that people who live in North America didn't have.

I have to read the conditions of my bookings.

Trains? It doesn’t sound like you’ll be losing much money at all.

7 hours ago, PM3962 said:

High speed trains. 

I have tickets for Paris and I’m flying from Australia. I have not booked anything yet and won’t do until a few weeks before. It is just a reality that with concerts you have to be cautious as an event can always be cancelled or rescheduled. Look at what happened with Adele in Vegas.

In the case of Madonna she went into ICU and was non responsive. So I don’t think anyone has a right to be angry with her. Maybe her team could do certain things better but we have to consider the situation is not an easy one. They don’t necessarily know for sure what the outcome will be.

If you have booked non refundable hotels and trains well that is on you sorry.

13 hours ago, PM3962 said:

High speed trains. 

I have flights to London, Milan, Paris, train from Paris to Cologne and all for Celebration tour. I can cancel all my hotels, trains, but can't cancel flights, cause it's cheap European airlines. But it's cheap, I'll loose few hundreds of Euros. And it's always a risk you take travelling to any concert, not only Madonna. 

European dates still happening, so stop making this drama. 

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I had to google Mylene Farmer and seems she's a local star in France - sold about 10% of what M has in albums and unknown outside France - there is no comparison 

Mylene Farmer fans....i mean i could say a lot more but it says it all in french. We look at them and we laugh. She borrowed a lot from Madonna, Donna de Lory, Gaultier, Herb Ritts etc... I have friends who have worked with her, she has a long nose and a narrow face and if filmed on certain angles she looks like she's crossed eyed so she came every night to the post prod studio of her concert films to check the angles and asked every "bad" ones to be destroyed. I laughed so hard when my friend told me this, then i watched her first filmed concert one day and indeed, there are a lot of shots where she looks crossed eyed, i guess that trauma never healed.

She's supposedly an lgbtq+ ally but when hardcore catholics were marching in France against marriage being open to gay and lesbian couples, she was asked on tv if she wanted to support us and to be our voice (homophobia was at an all time high) and she said "certainly not". Then she went to Russia and removed a song about lesbian love from her set. Very far away from Madonna turning the MDNA tour in St Petersburg into a Pride. She's also very good friend with a right winger "philosopher", Michel Onfray, a woman hater, has posed with him in magazines and also illustrated his book covers. But her fans either don't care or like being reminded that. It's sad because she has nice songs. Her last album was produced by a molester and the theme of the album is abusive relationships, i guess she probably don't know that about her producer but i do because he molested a friend of mine. That's all you'll ever need to know about her.

Oh and last june she had her to dates in Paris cancelled on the afternoon of the first show because there had been riots fo days and the police chief and the government asked to cancel because they couldn't secure the venue. The concerts were rescheduled not for next october but october of 2024. Not because she will tour the world either, she's just touring France and Belgium and it will be over in a few days. It's just because the venue won't be available and instead of chosing another venue, it's not like we don't have other places to have concerts in Paris, her ego is bigger than her fake affection for her fans (who have already waited 2 years to see her since buying their tickets) she'd rather have them wait.

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I had to google Mylene Farmer and seems she's a local star in France - sold about 10% of what M has in albums and unknown outside France - there is no comparison 

I only know of Mylene because she had a song on the soundtrack to the Rugrats in Paris Movie lol.

It was a Maverick release if memory serves

6 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

She's a huge star in France even though numbers can't compete with M because her market is much smaller. She's the most successful female act over here, really an icon for some. Huge hits, long and steady career, hardcore fans, reinventions, over the top tours. And bad acting choices! There is some truth in the "French Madonna" nickname but it's too reductive.

IMHO, she's also a terrible dancer and most her lyrics are sooooooo depressing, so apart from their status, they're nothing like each other.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic