The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

4 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

Opposite for me.

So much frustration hearing this few amazing seconds of LDLHA and then it stops... Wishing hearing the full song... Was so promissing but not... Hated it. Will say better than nothing but best would have been singing the complete song entirely. Would have been the surprise of the decade !

You're setting yourself up for disappointment cause medleys are most definitely going to happen for this tour. She can't fit 4 decades of hits one one, or even two CDs...how do you expect her to fit all her hits (in full length) into a 2 hour show? That is just not going to happen.

I doubt that there will be THAT many medleys but definitely a few for the hits that are not part of the top 10 highest ranking ones.

just had a thought -- the stage has been designed before the tickets went on sale, so I assume the general concept of the show and the rough setlist have already been decided on. I mean, surely M didn't have the stage concept with all the catwalks without thinking which songs they can be used for.

8 minutes ago, androiduser said:

just had a thought -- the stage has been designed before the tickets went on sale, so I assume the general concept of the show and the rough setlist have already been decided on. I mean, surely M didn't have the stage concept with all the catwalks without thinking which songs they can be used for.

Yes, that's a good point - 

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I don’t think they’d  necessarily need a setlist to plan the stage layout? But who knows. We can only go by what we know of past tours.

I do kind of hope she doesn’t tease the hell out of everything like she did with Madame X.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think they’d  necessarily need a setlist to plan the stage layout? But who knows. We can only go by what we know of past tours.

I do kind of hope she doesn’t tease the hell out of everything like she did with Madame X.

The teasing was cool - for RH the focus was on the first 3 albums for the retro stuff so was cool when she teased Jimmy Jimmy on insta 

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

You're setting yourself up for disappointment cause medleys are most definitely going to happen for this tour. She can't fit 4 decades of hits one one, or even two CDs...how do you expect her to fit all her hits (in full length) into a 2 hour show? That is just not going to happen.

I doubt that there will be THAT many medleys but definitely a few for the hits that are not part of the top 10 highest ranking ones.

I said I'm totally ok for ONE medley. But not more than this...

Meddley are cheap way to fill many songs. One with Borderline/Burning up/Virgin/Material girl/Dress you up would be perfect and basta !

32 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

I said I'm totally ok for ONE medley. But not more than this...

Meddley are cheap way to fill many songs. One with Borderline/Burning up/Virgin/Material girl/Dress you up would be perfect and basta !

Lol good luck! It’s gonna be more than that but her biggest hits (LAV and MG) are most likely not going to be squeezed into a medley. 😂 Like I said before: You are setting yourself up for disappointment.

10 hours ago, MPowered said:

UGH he needs to stay away from this tour. He's the worst...but it doesn't seem like she had the motivation to go find another music director, sadly.

I’m glad he’s back imo we’ve had some good tour versions 

Into The Groove SS

Burning up RH

Holy water vogue RH

vogue SS

Frozen MX

Human Nature MX

Like a virgin MDNA

Celebration Give it 2 me MDNA

Like a prayer MDNA 

Best friend heartbeat MDNA

candyshop get stupid RH

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

I’m glad he’s back imo we’ve had some good tour versions 

Into The Groove SS

Burning up RH

Holy water vogue RH

vogue SS

Frozen MX

Human Nature MX

Like a virgin MDNA

Celebration Give it 2 me MDNA

Like a prayer MDNA 

Best friend heartbeat MDNA

candyshop get stupid RH

Those two in particular were very bland rehashes of version she has previously done. Add La Isla S&S and Ray of Light S&S and you have further proof of his lack of expertise and talent. He is BY FAR the worst music director she has ever had. I will not change my mind.

Into the Groove was based on a popular mashup from YouTube and it really is nothing more than that…it’s a mashup. There is barely anything left from the original song. Also, not a big fan of the LAV/W.E. mashup. It doesn’t sound right imo. Vogue from S&S was also just a mashup. I loved that version but once again: Just a mashup.

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Those two in particular were very bland rehashes of version she has previously done. Add La Isla S&S and Ray of Light S&S and you have further proof of his lack of expertise and talent. He is BY FAR the worst music director she has ever had. I will not change my mind.

Into the Groove was based on a popular mashup from YouTube and it really is nothing more than that…it’s a mashup. There is barely anything left from the original song. Also, not a big fan of the LAV/W.E. mashup. It doesn’t sound right imo. Vogue from S&S was also just a mashup. I loved that version but once again: Just a mashup.

I agree on this. He only took mash and remixes available in YT and Soundcloud, The SS versions were all like this, including the Like  a Prayer and Into the groove (toop toop)

20 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

I agree on this. He only took mash and remixes available in YT and Soundcloud, The SS versions were all like this, including the Like  a Prayer and Into the groove (toop toop)

For the Rebel Heart Tour he chose a 6-7 year old fanmade remix that sonically made no sense in the section it was ultimately placed in. 😂😂😂 What does updated Blond Ambition Remix with oriental flavour have to do with “Rockabilly meets Tokyo”? 😂😂😂💀

32 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I don't think @dens54would appreciate someone disrespecting a remix he worked hard on that Madonna decieded that it was good enough to be officially used on a tour. Pipe down

Nobody is disrespecting. The discussion is someone getting paid for producing those sets and instead is nicking someone else's work without paying these people or creating something  in purpose for the show.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Nobody is disrespecting. The discussion is someone getting paid for producing those sets and instead is nicking someone else's work without paying these people or creating something  in purpose for the show.

it is not a musical director's job to recreate every song from scratch.

4 minutes ago, migsou said:

it is not a musical director's job to recreate every song from scratch.

it's not but that's how Madonna's concert used to be, hence we still don't have a studio version of BA's Like a Virgin.

Or using recreations of her own mixes. Made by artists that got paid.

Someone being a musical director and going all Pinterest moodboard with other people's music. Using them without remuneration is a bit lame. And in cases the final project doesn't feel like works together, or just crafty. That's my feeling of the whole SS tour, the 90s Microsoft animation interlude included.

Just now, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. Stuart Price was a DJ/remixer so that’s what he did. But he was limited. When it wasn’t the dance sound that was his forte it came out sounding like cheap karaoke.

Stuart Price writes, produce and plays instruments. He was a musician that became a DJ and a remixer.

i think we might expect these songs:

celebration
sorry
hung up
die another day
music
ray of light
frozen
human nature
bad girl

deeper and deeper
erotica
rescue me
justify my love
vogue
express yourself
prayer
papa
bonita
crazy for you
into the groove
virgin
physical attractikn
luckystar
holiday
evrybody

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think they’d  necessarily need a setlist to plan the stage layout? But who knows.

We are still almost 6 months away from the first show. They need the stage layout to determine the pricing scale of the venue and to get seats on sale. There's no need to flesh out setlist/stage choreo/blocking/etc. when deciding on the stage layout.

As we've seen in her rehearsal workshop videos before - she tests out a lot of songs and a lot of choreography before landing on the final setlist.

1 minute ago, stancherry said:

i assume they planned the tour back in 2022 (beginning), believe me...

Based off her Instagram: Madonna was still working on the movie in early 2022.

She asked on Instagram on June 7 if her fans would prefer a world tour or a movie. In my opinion, after her audience overwhelmingly voted for a tour, that's when she decided to explore that option and move away from the biopic.

Then we saw the stage layouts and rumors started flying by October.

The tour is still in it's infant stages. As far as we know, no workshop rehearsals have started. Lead choreographer was just hired at the end of December. Kevin and Tony have just recently confirmed they are back.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic