The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

Splitting the show into four decades with equal parts from each decade is not the way to go.

The balance is off

1. GAYLUV
  2. GIRL GONE WILD
  3. LIVING FOR LOVE
  4. BITCH I'M MADONNA
  5. MEDELLIN

and having to only chose five songs from the 80's in a greatest hits show? Impossible.

I think we'll likely get BITCH and nothing else from the 00's...The rest will likely be interpolations or snippets in her larger hits.

Maybe the first verse of MEDELLIN

The "LUV MADONNA" chant

The Prayer from the beginning of GIRL GONE WILD before HUMAN NATURE / LIKE A VIRGIN / LIKE A PRAYER

"FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE" echoing through the arena at some point.

That's the only way you're getting the Teenies decade in there ladies. 

00's if we had to pick five it'll be 

1. HUNG UP
  2. SORRY
  3. DIE ANOTHER DAY
  4. MUSIC
  5. DON'T TELL ME

and even sorry is a loud question mark. 4 MINUTES and GIVE IT 2 Me will again likely be an interpolation / Snippet and Celebration will be part of Holiday or Into The Groove or somet.

90's. 

1. EROTICA
  2. FROZEN 
  3. RAY OF LIGHT
  4. HUMAN NATURE / JUSTIFY MY LOVE
  5. VOGUE

80's

1. HOLIDAY
  2. LIKE A PRAYER
  3. LIKE A VIRGIN
  4. MATERIAL GIRL
  5. LA ISLA BONITA

It's just impossible with the 80's isn't it?

I just can't see that format working. 

8 hours ago, SecretProject said:

So with the movie being scrapped, do you think she’s going to do a Broadway musical like show to tell her life story? 

the only reason I see this so because Bob is going to be the mc of the show kinda like the leading player in the musical Pippin. Idk it would make sense and be a really cool concept.

No. 

I feel like a musical of Madonnas life wouldn't be a full story while she's still alive really. And i don't mean that in a morbid sense. I don't think it can be properly contextualized until maybe 30+ years after she'd gone. She's very much unlike other popstars in that sense. So many stars life stories are solely about their personal lives and not their cultural impact. Madonna is the later so to weave some odd scripted fictional storyline around her songs would just feel incredibly off. Either do it about her up until this point in life or not at all really. 

My co-worker (48) just told me how jealous he is of me bc I bought tickets for for the concert. Said he would love to see her but the tickets are too expensive. I never knew he liked her. 

I was so happy and relieved to hear that, after all the negative shit this week. 

Most of the general public loves and adores her. The minority is just louder atm. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

I feel like a musical of Madonnas life wouldn't be a full story while she's still alive really. And i don't mean that in a morbid sense. I don't think it can be properly contextualized until maybe 30+ years after she'd gone. She's very much unlike other popstars in that sense. So many stars life stories are solely about their personal lives and not their cultural impact. Madonna is the later so to weave some odd scripted fictional storyline around her songs would just feel incredibly off. Either do it about her up until this point in life or not at all really. 

Due to my career, I work closely with Broadway and I think your observation is an astute one. It’s also probably why I think many of the recent pop-star bio musicals have been incredibly underwhelming 

I think she will do both VOGUE and I DON’T SEARCH I FIND.  But not back to back.

PS — I adore Human Nature, but she has done it a surprising amount of tours. It was truly a standout in Madame X as far as staging and it really worked well there.  But I think she might skip it this time around as there are so many other bigger hits.  I hope so, anyway.

12 hours ago, djnathanashby said:

Due to my career, I work closely with Broadway and I think your observation is an astute one. It’s also probably why I think many of the recent pop-star bio musicals have been incredibly underwhelming 

I think a musical could be interesting — but it would have to be super narrow in the time frame it covered.  Like the film JUDY was.  What do you do in the theatre or neat to it?

19 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

I think a musical could be interesting — but it would have to be super narrow in the time frame it covered.  Like the film JUDY was.  What do you do in the theatre or neat to it?

Part of my job is marketing on the creative side for touring Broadway

13 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I wonder if she’ll create an opening video along the lines of her MTV video intro. Instead she will crash the car into a storefront, the stage, and open with Causing A Commotion          :Madonna035: 

I got the moves baby, you got the motion

car crash GIF

If we ever met we'd be causing a commotion 🎶 

car crash GIF

On 2/8/2023 at 11:22 AM, SecretProject said:

So with the movie being scrapped, do you think she’s going to do a Broadway musical like show to tell her life story? 

the only reason I see this so because Bob is going to be the mc of the show kinda like the leading player in the musical Pippin. Idk it would make sense and be a really cool concept.

Bob is the opening act, like Mary Mac or Paul Oakenfold were.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:29 AM, Kieran said:

It’s a strong possibility that M splits the set list in a similar way that she did with the standard edition of FEL… equal number of songs from each decade. Even if that means sacrificing a couple of ‘expected’ songs. People - especially casuals - might complain, but M will be like: “Bitch, I did tell you it would be four decades!”

I think this will also keep it fresh for her with her strongest interest always being in her more recent work. 

Yeah i included Girl Gone Wild on my setlist and some users jumped at my throat like it was an outrageous song to do ...i mean if's she's indeed celebrating 4 decades, songs from the 10's will be there and Girl Gone Wild is clearly a possible choice. That, Bitch I'm Madonna and something from Madame X at least.

11 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Yeah i included Girl Gone Wild on my setlist and some users jumped at my throat like it was an outrageous song to do ...i mean if's she's indeed celebrating 4 decades, songs from the 10's will be there and Girl Gone Wild is clearly a possible choice. That, Bitch I'm Madonna and something from Madame X at least.

You know M isn't consulting this forum to finalise the setlist right? 

This is based around the Warner reissue deal so they’d really want her to push the albums she did with them. The teenies weren't hits for her and they weren’t Warner hits. Bitch and snippets gurls. The video for the poster says 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s 

she’ll troll you all and include frozen on fire hung up on tokischa  and back that up for the last decade

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • Enrico locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic