Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

12 hours ago, MPowered said:

I think the issue with the Rebel Heart Tour was that she seemed to have made many last minute changes to sections and song selections. Therefore, it wasn’t really possible to shoot concrete videos for the interludes because they were decided on at the last minute.

It's also one of the reason I thoroughly dislike the tour. Everything seemed randomly thrown together and not particularly well thought-out.

hmmm to that i'd add also the fact that all of the music (if i remember correctly) was just album versions cut short. one of the reasons i love madonna's concerts so much is that the songs never sound like the cd versions. this is why "rescue me" on the last tour was so amazing, i had shivers when i figured out where the lyrics came from!!! so yeah, fuck the general public and their love for the original versions of the songs. if you want those just listen to your fucking spotify.

8 hours ago, Lilalo said:

It would be in her BEST interest that for this one particular tour she sticks to the hits and in the way the world first fell in love with them, UNALTERED,  not some barely recognizable rendition that only the 17-23 people here would appreciate, like I said before, this tour she needs to be UNPREDICTABLE, we ALLLLLLLL have come to expect the 4 samey themed sections, altered versions of classic songs, focus on songs that barely please anyone other than herself and a select handful , this one tour all that previous AND  expected predictability needs to be thrown out the window. And if these rumors of a new song coming? Once again, that song should be neither the opener nor closer, PERIOD! One more time, for this one tour she needs to SHOCK, like she’s never shocked before by sticking mainly to the hits and UNALTERED. ;)

We need some hits to be freshened up, some reinvented, and some to stick to as close to their album versions as possible.

Some hits don't do well outside of their iconic sounds while others are tired and need a modern take.

She rehearsed a full version of "Rescue Me" and posted at least two videos of it on Instagram during the Madame X rehearsals. She knows that fans have been requesting this song for 30 years. I'm not sure why she thought the "breath work" dance interlude with barely two spoken lines from the verses was a better than the ACTUAL FULL SONG for the final show. She loves to be a sadist to her fans.

2 hours ago, pawn_shop_blues said:

Is this real or fake? 

Well @x.jpalare you still denying your dream setlist isn't the actual one? (For God's sake, i'm jk!!!!)

30 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

it's fake made with I.A. If i'm not wrong it's this one

One thing is sure, it could really be a great song on the setlist

Well they really captured very convincingly her current live voice, I am petrified!!!

23 hours ago, migsou said:

hmmm to that i'd add also the fact that all of the music (if i remember correctly) was just album versions cut short. one of the reasons i love madonna's concerts so much is that the songs never sound like the cd versions. this is why "rescue me" on the last tour was so amazing, i had shivers when i figured out where the lyrics came from!!! so yeah, fuck the general public and their love for the original versions of the songs. if you want those just listen to your fucking spotify.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

Nice. Real or not, I’m loving it. I hope more leaks and teasers come soon. The silence is killing. 

Unfortunately, it's the AI crap, but with the added crowd noise, it doesn't sound so bad, but once you take away that crowd noise you can hear how wobbly and horribly auto tuned she sounds. 

I personally don't think she could sing it as high as we hear here.  I'm sure the reason she passed singing it on the MXT is because how hard it is to sing.  It would have to have a totally different arrangement for her to sing it well. But then by doing that, it could lose its original appeal.

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

I personally don't think she could sing it as high as we hear here.  I'm sure the reason she passed singing it on the MXT is because how hard it is to sing.

Didn’t she use a special microphone during the MXT? That like audio corrected her voice? I swear I heard that during that era…

2 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Didn’t she use a special microphone during the MXT? That like audio corrected her voice? I swear I heard that during that era…

Probably so, but I rather hear her sing a song off key then all this singing over re-recorded crap or auto tuned nonsense.  I don't expect perfection. I just expect live.  It's not like she doesn't sing some of her songs completely live, but I'm tired of hearing her scream over a backing track on songs. 

2 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

It's not a special microphone, it's the way they mix your voice live. Most of popstars use that.

Not to that extent of M on Madame X Tour they don't. That was a case of mixing to a level where the live vocal was basically studio quality playback - hence this is the only time she has ever sounded so false on a tour. I'm hoping it was a stylistic choice for that tour only. In still not convinced much of that concert was live. Even on songs where there is no 'robot' style autotune, you can still hear pitch correction if you know what you're looking for, like on songs like Frozen where you'd expect a fully raw vocal.

10 minutes ago, scion said:

Not to that extent of M on Madame X Tour they don't. That was a case of mixing to a level where the live vocal was basically studio quality playback - hence this is the only time she has ever sounded so false on a tour. I'm hoping it was a stylistic choice for that tour only. In still not convinced much of that concert was live. Even on songs where there is no 'robot' style autotune, you can still hear pitch correction if you know what you're looking for, like on songs like Frozen where you'd expect a fully raw vocal.

she will use all technology available to be able to go through this marathon of concerts. i just hope there will be a couple of songs (balads) where it is just her actual voice. quite confident they will find the balance :)

1 hour ago, scion said:

She's been live tuning her voice since 2005, but one of the huge reasons it was noticeable in the MX Tour (beyond the stylistic use of the autotune which is different than live tuning) is because of the environment.

It's much trickier to convincingly mix vocals that way in a theater because a theater is by nature meant to be complimentary to sound. You can hear the sound much better in that kind of room because it's what it's designed for. An arena or a stadium is not designed with music in mind, and it's therefore you can use the natural echo and bad acoustics of the venue to hide whatever tampering you're doing to the vocals. It's just hard to cover up vocal tinkering in a theatre, there's no poor acoustics and echo to hide behind. 

This isn't specific to M either, the vast majority of artists across genres use these tools in the live setting just as much as they use back tracks. It's a given for live concerts now because by and large shows are bigger, tours are longer, and artists have realized that 1) it's hard to sustain a whole tour with no assistance and 2) audiences don't really care all that much anymore about whether every single note is completely unaltered live sound. 

I'd actually say most audiences nowadays would prefer it to not just be raw sound. 

2 hours ago, scion said:

Well you didn’t attended Mariah’s last arena tour. I did and she sounded like Madonna. And she’s the “singer”.