Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

11 hours ago, Andreo said:

NOW THAT WE KNOW SHE'S ALLEGEDLY REFERENCING SOME OF HER PAST PERFORMANCES AND HER A$$ IS GONE SHE CAN WEAR THE COADF LEOPARD AGAIN AND PERFORM HUNG UP LIKE AT THE CONFESSIONS TOUR!!! I'VE FORESEEN THE FUTURE AND I KNOW IT'S HAPPENING, MY PROPHECY IS REAL!!! 

talk gretchen GIF

Maybe she will take inspiration from Eurovision.

4 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

Please stop bitching the S&S Tour. It was great. La isla bonita wasn't exactly the same than in Live Earth and Ray of light was different too. 

OK, Music, Candy Shop, 4 Minutes and Miles Away were very similar to the promo tour. But it was the same for the Confessions Tour and the album promo and nobody cared in 2006. 

No I won't stop the bitching, but you will stop putting a gag in my mouth on a forum. 

A lot of it was almost directly lifted from the previous tour and overall I never found the tour particularly amazing. Especially, since it came after the great Confessions Tour and preceded the visually stunning MDNA Tour.

I enjoyed a bunch of the mixes but most of them were lazily done and the laziness continued for all the tours that featured Kevin Antunes as musical director. His tour renditions are FLAT and and quite cheap.

4 minutes ago, x.jpal said:

Right. She did chair work on The Confessions Tour too, but that was for Like It Or Not. I wouldn’t assume too much just because we see a chair. 

And repeated it in 2016.

7 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No I won't stop the bitching, but you will stop putting a gag in my mouth on a forum. 

A lot of it was almost directly lifted from the previous tour and overall I never found the tour particularly amazing. Especially, since it came after the great Confessions Tour and preceded the visually stunning MDNA Tour.

I enjoyed a bunch of the mixes but most of them were lazily done and the laziness continued for all the tours that featured Kevin Antunes as musical director. His tour renditions are FLAT and and quite cheap.

I've gotta say, he's done some real stinkers:

ROL 2008/9 - even worse than CT.

Open Your Heart 2012

Everything else on 2012

🤣

I thought everything else he did on Sticky was terrific though.

1 hour ago, scion said:

And repeated it in 2016.

I've gotta say, he's done some real stinkers:

ROL 2008/9 - even worse than CT.

Open Your Heart 2012

Everything else on 2012

🤣

I thought everything else he did on Sticky was terrific though.

ROL 2008/9 was like a watered down version of the already not-so-great CT rendition. This song has so much more potential but similar to Express Yourself, it has been a real one-trick-pony for her. She hasn't managed to think of anything else for that song.

Open Your Heart could have been AMAZING but she turned it into a total snooze fest. The exciting part of that medley was the part that didn't belong to OYH. What a disappointment!

Human Nature was a somewhat original rendition but the performance was so lame overall. It also made no fucking sense in that section. It would have worked much better during the final segment or the second one.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

ROL 2008/9 was like a watered down version of the already not-so-great CT rendition. This song has so much more potential but similar to Express Yourself, it has been a real one-trick-pony for her. She hasn't managed to think of anything else for that song.

Open Your Heart could have been AMAZING but she turned it into a total snooze fest. The exciting part of that medley was the part that didn't belong to OYH. What a disappointment!

Human Nature was a somewhat original rendition but the performance was so lame overall. It also made no fucking sense in that section. It would have worked much better during the final segment or the second one.

Indeed to all. Especially because ROL performance at that fundraiser for DiCaprio Foundation (or whatever it's named) was actually a rehash... of DWT one (I mean the arrangement... Ofc that original magic routine would never be replicated by that time)

And, uh, OYH rendition at same concert was what MDNA one should have been, but in 2012 she wanted to pay homage to Basque culture (hence the folkloric txapela which she misinterpreted as her "French beret") and did an OYH version that was reminiscing of the historical fight of Basque country for independence and recognition - actually, Sagarra Jo is kind of a Basque traditional chant to keep persuading Euskerra people to rise up the flame of Euskadi nation (I actually went surprised there wasn't any reference to the Basque flag, called Irraskina, but, again, she was performing in France and Spain) and somehow all of this wonderful homage to the "cave people" got lost in the horrible translation that removed all original OYH magic.

7 hours ago, MPowered said:

That's why on another thread here for the pick 3 songs you want to see performed, I chose Ray of Light and Open Your Heart in the 3.

Those two haven't had iconic performances in forever. For Ray of Light, the DWT version was okay at the time, CT was a cool reinvention, but we never got anything else in the last 20 years that was THE performance for Ray of Light. I did hear a version of ROL on soundcloud that was similar to Like a Prayer with a full choir singing at the end which was very different.

Same with Open Your Heart. In the modern era, we never got an epic rendition of this. We keep getting teases of this like in the DWT and S&S tour then end up getting the terrible MDNA version.

I like how Stuart Price reinvented Like a Virgin for the CT and hope he can do the same with her past hits on this tour.

3 hours ago, scion said:

The acoustic rehearsal of Open Your Heart from Sticky and Sweet was glorious... I'd love a performance of the song like that.

I still wanna know which alleged Bedtime Stories song she was rehearsing for Confessions Tour, according to some insiders back in the day. I used to think it was Secret in a more acoustic rendition than was DWT one and that was meant to feature at the Never Mind the Buttocks section.

21 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I still wanna know which alleged Bedtime Stories song she was rehearsing for Confessions Tour, according to some insiders back in the day. I used to think it was Secret in a more acoustic rendition than was DWT one and that was meant to feature at the Never Mind the Buttocks section.

Dunno about Confessions Tour but didn’t she rehearse Bedtime Story and then replaced it with Mer Girl?

19 hours ago, Anapausis said:

I don't recall hearing those at the time.

I do recall the following which Wikipedia confirms regarding the RIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Re-Invention_World_Tour#Development

• Dress You Up, I'm So Stupid, Love Profusion (headcleanr mix) [all of those were rock versions to replace MG or BU], Swim or Nothing Really Matters (instead of Frozen), Take a Bow, Bad Girl, Live to Tell, Ray of Light (instead of PDP), The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You, and I Love New York were rehearsed

For the DWT, I remember people saying I Want You (instead of spanish WIFLFAG), You'll See, and Amazing being rehearsed

For CT, Nothing Fails (instead of DW/SFL), Deeper and Deeper, and Everybody were rehearsed

For S&S, Justify My Love, Secret, Holiday, Open Your Heart, and a Impressive Instant/Burning Up mashup were rehearsed

For MDNA, Beautiful Killer, I'm Addicted, Falling Free, Superstar, Some Girls, and Physical Attraction were rehearsed

For RHT, Between the Bars (interlude), Girl Gone Wild, Everybody, Joan of Arc, Hold Tight, Inside Out, Don't Tell Me, and Take a Bow were rumored / rehearsed.

By "rehearsed", sometimes it was just the band / tour director making musical arrangements but never fully fledged beyond a concept demo into a choreographed number. I'm sure there were even more songs rehearsed for these tours that we don't know about.

Judging from the above, it seems like the RIT had the biggest rehearsed setlist mainly because it was a 'greatest hits' of sorts. I'm assuming the Celebration Tour went through the same with us only knowing that Vogue, Crazy for You, Like a Virgin, Everybody, and Bitch I'm Madonna being rehearsed.

On 9/7/2023 at 3:29 AM, MPowered said:

Nowhere. The rehearsal picture showed part of the original choreography from the BAT performance. That’s where my fear about rehashed versions are partially coming from. 😅

In another short clip you could peak into her song folder and see You Must Love Me 😴.

But it could also refer to Keep it Together (BAT) or even Like ir or Not (CT).... 

On 9/8/2023 at 12:43 AM, dankpepe said:

That's why on another thread here for the pick 3 songs you want to see performed, I chose Ray of Light and Open Your Heart in the 3.

Those two haven't had iconic performances in forever. For Ray of Light, the DWT version was okay at the time, CT was a cool reinvention, but we never got anything else in the last 20 years that was THE performance for Ray of Light. I did hear a version of ROL on soundcloud that was similar to Like a Prayer with a full choir singing at the end which was very different.

Same with Open Your Heart. In the modern era, we never got an epic rendition of this. We keep getting teases of this like in the DWT and S&S tour then end up getting the terrible MDNA version.

I like how Stuart Price reinvented Like a Virgin for the CT and hope he can do the same with her past hits on this tour.

where, please!  I need to hear it :angel::pray: