Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Just now, Honey Little said:

I’d like to know if she’s taking singing lessons or if it’s just AI vocals.

Neither. I am singing for her behind a curtain.

Madame X is a fat gay ginger by sound. Bet you really can't wait now.

ATM my version of Human Nature isnt going well though, so she's going to sing that one herself.

Just now, Dick Tracy said:

Justice for The power of good-bye, Mo.

You should hear what happens when we both  sing 'SAY NOOOOOOO'... 👻

Rehearsed it multiple times but Stuart decided it was too frightening for the audience and it was replaced with Candy Shop (Ethereal Orbit Mix). I think you'll understand it was the right decision. 

This Used To Be My Playground was rehearsed also but the hydraulics guys all fell asleep and poor M was left stuck 30ft up in the air for 45 minutes on top of the Cake. After that the song was scrapped for continuity purposes.

20 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I’d like to know if she’s taking singing lessons or if it’s just AI vocals.

The only lesson she takes is Spanish Lesson. :smuglaugh:

No, but really, if Stuart is indeed the musical director this time around, things will sound a million times better just for his handling of the recorded vocals/backing vocals, let alone the fact that his arrangements often use a lower, more comfortable key for the older songs. The loud vocals of the original songs on a karaoke track that Antunes used only highlighted how her voice has changed.

I've been saying months ago that the show will be her telling the story of her life/career with her songs. I've used the words musical biopic to be precise (i need to find my post) !

And the three never performed singles are for sure Bedtime Story, Nothing Really matters and the 3rd one not sure.

Just now, Redha DBL said:

I've been saying months ago that the show will be her telling the story of her life/career with her songs. I've used the words musical biopic to be precise (i need to find my post) !

And the three never performed singles are for sure Bedtime Story, Nothing Really matters and the 3rd one not sure.

Hopefully Bad Girl.

1 hour ago, Ekans said:

Lol just watch the show. Y’all saying you’re going to the bathroom or at the bar in possible specific parts of the show sound like some spoiled brats. It’s a fucking Madonna show! 

Bob is not fucking Madonna.

Erm you know what I mean.

And I am way too old to be a brat.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I feel this. But we may never get justice for Playground tho.

Could see I’ll Remember in its place.

I don't know, I feel like we could get Playground. It's about AIDS and loss, that's a big part of her story so wouldn't be surprised if these themes were featured somehow. 

2 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I don't know, I feel like we could get Playground. It's about AIDS and loss, that's a big part of her story so wouldn't be surprised if these themed were featured somehow. 

I agree, and my initial thought was that it would be included for that reason alone.

but that could also be applied to I'll Remember.

idk

i'm just thinking too much about it. i'll remember is short and sweet, smoother if done live. playground is a bit long and dreary (tho i fucking love it, in my top 10!!!)

31 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Bob is not fucking Madonna.

Erm you know what I mean.

And I am way too old to be a brat.

kinda pointless to spend all that money and just leave to go to the bathroom because someone you dont fancy is on stage in the middle of a madonna concert

i for one have zero interest in eating or drinking when ever i see madonna. my attention is on the full concert; beginning to end. i dont want to miss a single detail. interludes included.

but different strokes, different folks!

10 minutes ago, deathproof said:

kinda pointless to spend all that money and just leave to go to the bathroom because someone you dont fancy is on stage in the middle of a madonna concert

i for one have zero interest in eating or drinking when ever i see madonna. my attention is on the full concert; beginning to end. i dont want to miss a single detail. interludes included.

We feel how we feel.

15 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I don't know, I feel like we could get Playground. It's about AIDS and loss, that's a big part of her story so wouldn't be surprised if these themes were featured somehow. 

Now that you say that... Well, if 2 of 3 weren't dead horses already... Only objection I'd do specifically for TUTBMP is that's a song whose lyrics are very hard to remember every single concert... Ear monitor guy would be like crazy trying find the right keywords.