Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

3 hours ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

Just watched their madame x videos/spoilers, and yes, they had You must love me and easy ride, but I kinda remember that after tour started they stated that M made some changes at the first night. 

Link: https://www.facebook.com/drownedmadonna/photos/a.602241516488488/2547342081978412/

Oh my god I did not remember that, she rehearsed Rain for the Madame X tour ... that would have been amazing in theatre. I'm so curious to know wich part of the show she considered the song to be part of. Maybe the third set or as an encore before I rise. It would have perfectly fit anyway.

Am I the only one thinking that it would make a lot of sense for her to sing “Little Star”? It’s only ever been performed on Oprah, right? …Could see it as an interlude or her singing it to a younger version of herself to acknowledge what she’s been through. It would also make sense in combination with NRM to acknowledge the shift in her career and personal life that came with ROL.

50 minutes ago, Dom said:

Am I the only one thinking that it would make a lot of sense for her to sing “Little Star”? It’s only ever been performed on Oprah, right? …Could see it as an interlude or her singing it to a younger version of herself to acknowledge what she’s been through. It would also make sense in combination with NRM to acknowledge the shift in her career and personal life that came with ROL.

There are no more songs on the setlist that previously haven’t been performed on tour. So, no Little Star.

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

There are no more songs on the setlist that previously haven’t been performed on tour. So, no Little Star.

Just read that the never performed before songs are apparently NRM, RM and BG. How do you feel about these particular choices? I personally only love BG, but can imagine that NRM can be interesting in the context of the show. …I just never really liked RM…always felt like an underdeveloped sister of Vogue to me which was only created so she could put another “new song” on TIC.

Edited by Dom (see edit history)

28 minutes ago, Dom said:

Just read that the never performed before songs are apparently NRM, RM and BG. How do you feel about these particular choices? I personally only love BG, but can imagine that NRM can be interesting in the context of the show. …I just never really liked RM…always felt like an underdeveloped sister of Vogue to me which was only created so she could put another “new song” on TIC.

No. The never performed songs are:

Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story & Bad Girl.

There will be more than one non-single included but it won't be a song that hasn’t been performed at least once on tour.

With the song choices so far, this is is shaping up to be my favourite setlist. It has so many songs that are in my top ranks of her discography and that I have been BEGGING for her to finally perform (again). 

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No. The never performed songs are:

Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Story & Bad Girl.

There will be more than one non-single included but it won't be a song that hasn’t been performed at least once on tour.

With the song choices so far, this is is shaping up to be my favourite setlist. It has so many songs that are in my top ranks of her discography and that I have been BEGGING for her to finally perform (again). 

I love Bedtime Story and can get totally behind what you wrote. Tbh…I wouldn’t necessarily need yet another version of Human Nature (although I love the song. It’s just been done so much…). It would be great to hear some criminally ignored singles/songs instead this tour. 

Just now, Dom said:

I love Bedtime Story and can get totally behind what you wrote. Tbh…I wouldn’t necessarily need yet another version of Human Nature (although I love the song. It’s just been done so much…). It would be great to hear some criminally ignored singles/songs instead this tour. 

Human Nature was only done on 4 tours so I'd be happy to hear it again if it meant skipping something actually overdone like La Isla

48 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Human Nature was only done on 4 tours so I'd be happy to hear it again if it meant skipping something actually overdone like La Isla

Ever since Human Nature's release Madonna has gone on 7 world tours. Human Nature was included on 4 of those as a REGULAR. That's more than ANY single from her 90s catalogue, except Frozen, which hasn't been performed on both legs of S&S.

Considering that she has barely done anything from Bedtime Stories and has ignored a great portion of her most critically acclaimed album, Ray of Light, we can definitely consider Human Nature "overdone".

It's one of her least successful singles from the 90s, yet she has decided to shove it down our throats for two decades. La Isla Bonita, as overdone as it is, is one of Madonna's signature classics. It kinda deserves a spot on a career retrospective tour.

5 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I really hope she doesn't skip "who's that girl" and in its original (well more or less) form. It was a huge era in her career. The movie, the song, the tour. It's iconic. 

Gambler would also be a wild number. 

The movie was a massive flop. It’s quite literally the throwaway portion of the True Blue era. 😅

7 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Ever since Human Nature's release Madonna has gone on 7 world tours. Human Nature was included on 4 of those as a REGULAR. That's more than ANY single from her 90s catalogue, except Frozen, which hasn't been performed on both legs of S&S.

Considering that she has barely done anything from Bedtime Stories and has ignored a great portion of her most critically acclaimed album, Ray of Light, we can definitely consider Human Nature "overdone".

It's one of her least successful singles from the 90s, yet she has decided to shove it down our throats for two decades. La Isla Bonita, as overdone as it is, is one of Madonna's signature classics. It kinda deserves a spot on a career retrospective tour.

The movie was a massive flop. It’s quite literally the throwaway portion of the True Blue era. 😅

The song, Who's that girl, is a signature song of hers. She even named her huge 1987 world tour after that song, not after a song from True Blue. Just the words "Who's that girl" means Madonna immediately. I grew up seeing the 7" vinyl in about every house. 

11 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

The song, Who's that girl, is a signature song of hers. She even named her huge 1987 world tour after that song, not after a song from True Blue. Just the words "Who's that girl" means Madonna immediately. I grew up seeing the 7" vinyl in about every house. 

She named the tour like that because she wanted to promote the movie. It didn’t work. 
As much as I love WTG, it’s a just a replica of La Isla just like Causing A Commotion is a replica of Into The Groove. 

29 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It's one of her least successful singles from the 90s, yet she has decided to shove it down our throats for two decades.

Because it's not about whether or not it was a hit. Human Nature is literally her manifesto at this point, even more so as she has aged in the public spotlight. it's lyrically more relevant now than it was then. :OML:

7 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I might be remembering incorrectly but didn't Drowned Madonna reveal a false setlist just days before the Madame X Tour started? I believe it had songs on there like You Must Love Me, What It Feels Like For A Girl(?), and Easy Ride. 

Because she rehearsed those songs an cut them at the very end

51 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

It really isn't.

It did well cause it was a more uptempo La Isla Bonita. The video is one of her least memorable ones and there really is nothing "iconic" tied to any songs from that movie.

I love them but they are not nearly as important as some people think they are. That said, neither are songs like Bad Girl but that one can work much better in context of an autobiographical show and it has also never been done on tour before.

38 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She named the tour like that because she wanted to promote the movie. It didn’t work. 
As much as I love WTG, it’s a just a replica of La Isla just like Causing A Commotion is a replica of Into The Groove. 

Thank You! I love Who's That Girl and I like Causing A Commotion but they are definitely among the throwaway singles from the 80s. They aren’t nearly as iconic as their more popular counterparts.

33 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Because it's not about whether or not it was a hit. Human Nature is literally her manifesto at this point, even more so as she has aged in the public spotlight. it's lyrically more relevant now than it was then. :OML:

It might be her manifesto. It’s still not a signature song or hit single and it has been overdone considering it was such a huge flop.

Just now, Andreo said:

So... Nobody thinks we might get The Power Of Goodbye? The photoshoot from last year with the piano version could have been a hint idk. That version would be dope. And honestly, the theme of that shooting sessions would make a great act in tour as well

Sadly not. I doubt she'll do 4 songs from ROL, plus it has been revealed that only three songs on the setlist have never been performed live. Those 4 are: Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters & Bad Girl

2 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It really isn't.

It did well cause it was a more uptempo La Isla Bonita. The video is one of her least memorable ones and there really is nothing "iconic" tied to any songs from that movie.

I love them but they are not nearly as important as some people think they are. That said, neither are songs like Bad Girl but that one can work much better in context of an autobiographical show and it has also never been done on tour before.

Thank You! I love Who's That Girl and I like Causing A Commotion but they are definitely among the throwaway singles from the 80s. They aren’t nearly as iconic as their more popular counterparts.

It might be her manifesto. It’s still not a signature song or hit single and it has been overdone considering it was such a huge flop.

Sadly not. I doubt she'll do 4 songs from ROL, plus it has been revealed that only three songs on the setlist have never been performed live. Those 4 are: Bedtime Story, Nothing Really Matters & Bad Girl

I absolutely cannot agree with your take on Who's That girl. I don't know in which country you were living in the 80's but i can assure you that the song "Who's that girl" really is a signature song of hers here in France and probably in many European countries too. Really, when i was a kid, basically everyone in my neighbourhood had that single vinyl. I grew up seeing that sleeve with the top half of her face with big eyes opened on a white backround. Who's that giiiiiiirl, the line, is absolutely a signature line of Madonna for anyone who was living in France in 1987. I tell you. 

I'm not a big fan of "Who's That Girl," but the acoustic version performed at the Rebel Heart Tour was pretty cool! Anyway, the info DrownedMadonna is giving matches what I heard back in late May. It's probably info that came out around that time. It could be that a lot has changed since then, though. But I don't think the opening and closing songs will be changed, unless her illness has completely shaken up the setlist.

Opening: NRM
Closing: BIM + Celebration?