American Life: Mixshow Mix RSD 23

roberMDNA

We have already been receiving expansive deluxe editions of albums with all these vinyls from American Life and madame x and erotica picture disc. It doesn’t say Re-Issues. These are all expansive items from her albums that we have been receiving. There won’t be album re-issues and certainly no demos.

45 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

We have already been receiving expansive deluxe editions of albums with all these vinyls from American Life and madame x and erotica picture disc. It doesn’t say Re-Issues. These are all expansive items from her albums that we have been receiving. There won’t be album re-issues and certainly no demos.

No, you people need to read that fucking press release again 😂

Let’s post again the intro of her Paper article from last year:

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

Can't you just copy-paste what they said instead of making assumptions and being vague?

What Facebook Group? Who posed what exactly? Is what they say reliable?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/madonnavinylcollectors/posts/2311083629097488

'Check your American Life RSD vinyl! Apparently there’s a mispress according to my local record store. He asked me if I wanted to open it before buying to make sure.' I asked what the misprint was and he said it’s apparently a blues rock album?

people in the comments also have misprints

11 hours ago, Honey Little said:

They won't give us everything all at once

They have to keep some things in the vault to be released when M is dead :speakno::suffer:

On 2/16/2023 at 8:18 AM, steady75 said:

The way they're building hype with her flop eras is so Madonna.

The recent Bedtime Stories tease, The You Can Dance Edits, The Causing A Commotion / Whos That Girl record store release, Erotica 30, American LIfe mixshow RSD release.

Queen shit

There are no flop Madonna eras, only flop fans.  Lol

Sadly was not able to wait inline yesterday morning as part of my annual tradition, as I had plans that I had to attend to. :/

So for the first time ever I had to make my purchases online. Not thrilled about that, had to bit a more than the original retail, but oh well. Only wanted 5 items, 2 I purchases, 1 I will never be able to get now (The Doors RSD Mini Turntable)-already overpriced at $500, and the other 2 (Raphael Saadiq + Donna Summer) i'll look into getting at a later time.

American Life Mixshow + Prom Night 2 have been secured.

RSD was way too busy this year for my taste so I waited till later to shop but of course American Life was all gone. I can't find it in stock anywhere online today either. I thought I had a chance considering they pressed so many copies. 

I really was hoping to get Unholy 7" but I knew that would sell out instantly. 

55 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

RSD was way too busy this year for my taste so I waited till later to shop but of course American Life was all gone. I can't find it in stock anywhere online today either. I thought I had a chance considering they pressed so many copies. 

I really was hoping to get Unholy 7" but I knew that would sell out instantly. 

This is how I obtained two copies this morning.  I went to the RSD website, and did a search in two major cities of participating Record Stores.  I then visited all the online stores listed.  Unfortunately, very few still had a copy.  But I found two different stores on line, in different cities that still had a copy. 

19 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I paid 20.99 USD at a record store 

I scored 2 copies.  One was 19.99 and the other was 22.99 USD.  It's actually cheaper than most the other Vinyls for RSD this year.  I  also bought Belinda Carlisle Mixes which was $50.  Belinda's was harder to find a copy.

There are numerous sources selling copies on Ebay and Discog, but the two I found in the U.S. is selling for $70 and $99.  I do think this one will be harder to get as time goes on. 

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Sadly was not able to wait inline yesterday morning as part of my annual tradition, as I had plans that I had to attend to. :/

So for the first time ever I had to make my purchases online. Not thrilled about that, had to bit a more than the original retail, but oh well. Only wanted 5 items, 2 I purchases, 1 I will never be able to get now (The Doors RSD Mini Turntable)-already overpriced at $500, and the other 2 (Raphael Saadiq + Donna Summer) i'll look into getting at a later time.

American Life Mixshow + Prom Night 2 have been secured.

OMG!  These were the two I was after! I managed to get PN II from the site, still gotta get AL Mixshow. That's one of my favorite horror films. Glad it finally got a vinyl release; now hopeful for a Bluray/4k release of the film.