POPULAR

Has anyone heard Popular or Vulgar on Italian radios?

I keep trying but nothing. Seems like Pazza Musica is the only song you have to listen to.

Also, I don't understand if The idol vol. 1 will be released physical on June 30. Wikipedia page says they decided to release digital eps for each episode only.

10 hours ago, Enrico said:

I keep trying but nothing. Seems like Pazza Musica is the only song you have to listen to.

Also, I don't understand if The idol vol. 1 will be released physical on June 30. Wikipedia page says they decided to release digital eps for each episode only.

No, niente :/

Literally heard Back That Up To The Beat recently but Popular and Vulgar? Not even once._.

11 hours ago, Enrico said:

57 minutes ago, Andreo said:

No, niente :/

Literally heard Back That Up To The Beat recently but Popular and Vulgar? Not even once._.

Same here in France. Never heard "Popular" or "Vulgar" on radio, not even once. But like you Andreo i've heard "Back that up to the beat" a few days ago on a local radio...

Just now, animalinstinct said:

Well this is massive.

Kylie Minogue getting a Top 10 single and Madonna being played on BBC Radio 1 in 2023.

We did it, people.

:Madonna041:

16 hours ago, Enrico said:

It's a similar strategy as for Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies. Initially, only digital downloads for each episode of the series will be available - probably because some of the songs would spoil the plot. The Grease series started in April and the vinyl will be released next week.

2 minutes ago, Markdonna said:

Happy that this song is doing well and that people like it.  But to me it’s bland and generic.  She sounds great.  But it won’t be remembered in the long run.  Vulgar has much more of a point.  

Yet Popular is making more of an impact. 

2 hours ago, drivebitch said:

That show is bombing though. It’s already losing viewers. 

Where's your statistics?  Don't bother; I've got them for you.  Two episodes have aired as of this post.  The second episode pulled in over 800, 000 viewers in its first night, while the first pulled in 913,000 viewers its first night.  After one week, the first episode alone has pulled in over 3.6 million viewers, outpacing their two top tier shows, "The Lotus" and "Euphoria" when they initially premiered. Numbers are not in completely for the week for the second episode, but at this point, it's only down 12%.   Hardly bombing! 

If the show's viewerships after a few more episodes start to spiral downward, then we can talk about "bombing". 

Weirdly enough, here in Italy even her floppest bombest singles gets well played, eventually even charting. So, Popular not being even played here is shocking to me. For instance Medellin and Crave were on repeat back then and songs like Turn Up The Radio and Miles Away are still played every once in a while here.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic