Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

36 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

Imagine if she goes against everyone's advice and starts the tour as planned 😲

I don’t think the original opening night would be possible, but maybe the first us concert. She’s stubborn, im sure she’s trying to go against doctors orders and start the tour as soon as possible. 
I really hope not, though. We know how that went during Madame X.

2 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Of course, it was really well marketed, and as I said: it was obvious that she 'improved' at Pride '22. Let's not play the game of who is a bigger fan. 

I’m not a bigger fan than anyone here but I don’t share any of your views on her

I loved MadameX and had a magnificent experience on the MadameXTour

I honestly think however long it'll take for her to recover safely, the first few shows will be cancelled/postponed depending the length of recovery. The worse case being the US leg this year being cancelled and the show starting in Europe. The "silence" is them seeing how she progresses and whether they can cancel/reschedule a few shows versus needing to redo the schedule into 2024.

3 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

And who you are for giving you explanations of what I do with my money? 

Someone who belongs to a forum where you openly expressed your opinions, and by definition understand and is open to any kind of interaction

If you are only interested in stating your point of view and no feedback maybe a forum isn’t the venue to do so. 

In the last few days I felt like the most basic demand from a fan (an update from her team on her health-not the tour schedule) has been silenced by some users claiming that they don't owe us nothing or that they know some facts because they are better fans than others, an argument that is so boring and old.

There are no better fans than others (just because some people feel like this). Being a fan comes from a place of love and devotion and has nothing to do with buying 1000 editions, going to 100000 concerts or feeling superior to others. We are all fans, and we all have different opinions and different economic backgrounds.

For me, it is the same to be a supportive fan with zero physical releases that streams her music every day, than a fan that buys all the stuff they can or goes to a lot of different concerts. It all comes from a place of love, let's stop comparing each others or feeling we are her best fan, because you know what? She is her own best fan, and she doesn't give a f**ck about how many times we see her live or how much money we spend on her, she probably see all of our support as a fandom, not as individual fans, so let's try to stop feeling like we are better than others and not letting other people expressing what they want to hear from her team in terms of her health.

Because let's face it, as fans we are showing mostly love and devotion and that should not be taken for granted.

8 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

In the last few days I felt like the most basic demand from a fan (an update from her team on her health-not the tour schedule) has been silenced by some users claiming that they don't owe us nothing or that they know some facts because they are better fans than others, an argument that is so boring and old.

There are no better fans than others (just because some people feel like this). Being a fan comes from a place of love and devotion and has nothing to do with buying 1000 editions, going to 100000 concerts or feeling superior to others. We are all fans, and we all have different opinions and different economic backgrounds.

For me, it is the same to be a supportive fan with zero physical releases that streams her music every day, than a fan that buys all the stuff they can or goes to a lot of different concerts. It all comes from a place of love, let's stop comparing each others or feeling we are her best fan, because you know what? She is her own best fan, and she doesn't give a f**ck about how many times we see her live or how much money we spend on her, she probably see all of our support as a fandom, not as individual fans, so let's try to stop feeling like we are better than others and not letting other people expressing what they want to hear from her team in terms of her health.

Because let's face it, as fans we are showing mostly love and devotion and that should not be taken for granted.

Absolutely 💯 

39 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

I don't disagree with anything you are saying here, but let's not skew from what's actually being said when one is demanding for more info.  Some are alluding that she OWES us a response.  Some have the audacity to say she must not appreciate her fans if she doesn't say anything. Some are coming up with wild conspiracy theories!  Or they are criticizing her, or harassing her team, her friends, or management for more info.  And the list goes on.  It's not that we don't want to hear more about her progress.  I think most of us would love to hear more, but many of us just know it's not going to happen.  We know it's not our business.  I agree there is no need to compare who is the better fan.  That isn't helping, but at the same time, some fans must realize if you are going to post something people will disagree with, not to turn it personal and use the cliche'; "I'm entitled to my opinion".  Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I don't see anyone here stating, anyone isn't entitled to their opinion.  Also keep in mind,  your opinion will be challenged.  It doesn't mean your opinion doesn't matter or your not entitled to it.  This is what we call a discussion.  It doesn't mean only one opinion rules and no one should challenge that opinion.  If all you can come back with is, "I'm entitled to my opinion" or assuming people are being mean to you, then you are losing the argument you originally made. Some need to learn to back up what the say, without looking for malicious intent.  :) 

6 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

My only point about not hearing from her team is that they are not thinking about us.

Imagine without knowing from Debi or Rosie... It is their responsibility to show some love & respect to her fans with a simple update.

This silence doesn't help.

And this is a pure example of what I mean by people saying she or her team OWES us a follow up.  They don't!  Guy O. did issue a statement.  It has gone public and hit all the media outlets.  He, Madonna nor her friends have no other obligations to the public or fans to keep us updated other than on what comes of the tour. 

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

And this is a pure example of what I mean by people saying she or her team OWES us a follow up.  They don't!  Guy O. did issue a statement.  It has gone public and hit all the media outlets.  He, Madonna nor her friends have no other obligations to the public or fans to keep us updated other than on what comes of the tour. 

They do in fact, unless you don't care about a lot of people loving her that are worried. We are fans, we cannot be left in oblivion after that.

I feel like we're going on a loop with the same topics at the moment. And yes, that's caused by the lack of new information.

Maybe we can agree to disagree on that, cause there are clearly two ways of looking at this situation right now and both are fine.

I expressed in the past that fans feeling entitled to some things doesn't sit well with me, but not because I think I'm better or something. It's just the way I see it.

To keep things in perspective, she's always been quite private about her health. Even with all the issues during the "Madame X Tour", it was all very vague and "injuries", "pain", etc. but never a full explanation. We only knew she had a hip replacement later when she was ready to share it and wanted to.

So I guess same will happen now. When she wants to talk and thank the fans, she will.

6 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Guys I don’t know, but now I feel maybe her condition is still critical that’s why still no official announcement or anything related… let’s all pray for the best for her and stay focused on her recovery? It’s mentally very hard on her. 😔

You do make a good point.  In fact, I'm sure her friends who have responded about her condition are trying to stay positive and help keep people from not getting overly panicked about it.  It's possibly that she's still having a hard time and so offering anything more than a hopeful statement that she's on the mend is the best bet.  It's not like any of us can do anything for her, but offer our condolences and prayers, and we can still do that even if she's doing well now and still recovering.  :)

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I feel like we're going on a loop with the same topics at the moment. And yes, that's caused by the lack of new information.

Maybe we can agree to disagree on that, cause there are clearly two ways of looking at this situation right now and both are fine.

I expressed in the past that fans feeling entitled to some things doesn't sit well with me, but not because I think I'm better or something. It's just the way I see it.

I agree here because I understand we all just want her to be well.  I think we all would be lying if we said we wouldn't want more updates.  I think we all do.  My only position here is that I don't feel she or her team owes us anything more at this time.  Especially if they are just watching how she's recovering and unsure how long the progress is going to take. 

But yes, I think we all can agree that we are concerned about her and only want to know if she's getting better. :heart:

13 minutes ago, danielsevilla said:

They do in fact, unless you don't care about a lot of people loving her that are worried. We are fans, we cannot be left in oblivion after that.

But now your equating who is a better fan or who cares more???  I think I've been very clear that I think most of us would love to know her progress.   I'm just saying, she doesn't owe us one.  Besides, it's only been a little over a week.  Give her some space, time and a chance to mend.  At this point, if she or her team say anything, it will be parroting what Rosie and others have said so far. 

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic