Me Against The Music Opinions

Blue Skies

I thought the song was all right when it came out.  It’s not one I’d seek much to listen to in Madonnas catalogue.  But it comes on every now on Pop 2k on Sirius and it’s enjoyable.

I thought she looked real beautiful and hot in the video.  But I guess it was one of the first times she was the featured guest on a track?

At any rate the song believe it or not is 20 years old already tomorrow.  Wow 

This is a song (and video) :heart: .. this is what made me a true fan of MADONNA (of course I knew her work before but didn't think myself as a fan or something) --- esp. the video. So this song is very close to my Heart. Still luv it and always will --- not my all time fav or something but it had a spot in my heart for sure. And yeah .. 20 years :om:

:Madonna054::Madonna055:

I don't care for any of her duets to be honest, some exceptions here and ther (I'm one the three fans that actually love Love Song and I adore GBA, but that's about it) but for some reason this one really is an earworm, I find myself humming it all of the time while I never ever play it

6 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

I don't care for any of her duets to be honest, some exceptions here and ther (I'm one the three fans that actually love Love Song and I adore GBA, but that's about it) but for some reason this one really is an earworm, I find myself humming it all of the time while I never ever play it

It's a Trojan horse!

I’ve always loved MATM! The original solo demo version really showcases Britney’s deep vocal tones. The released version is great too. Madonna really added to the song and it almost feels like the two are battling it out while having a duet at the same time. I can understand why it wasn’t a massive #1 smash hit on Billboard because it was sort of different and not your typical Pop song. They video definitely captures that battle duet too with the two of them having a sort of cat and mouse hunt with each other. 

I’ve been a Britney stan since 1998 when “…Baby One More Time” was released. During this time period is when Britney performed with Madonna and talked highly of her in interviews. It clear to see that over the years how much of a stan of Madonna Britney is, which in turn turned me into a Madonna stan. My mom was already a Madonna stan so Madonna’s music was already a constant in our household, but during this era is what turned me into a stan. 

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

I like it much more now than then. When it came out it was fun... video was interesting... but maybe we expected more from two big names like them together? Cut to 20 years later, it has a simplicity and vibe that just work. I love it now.

4 Minutes was like that for me.  Didn’t like it when it came out but today I appreciate it more if I hear it 

I was in highschool when it came out. I remember the biggest complaint people had was the video made it seem like Madonna and Britney recorded it on different days as they don't interact with each other in the same scenes. Then another complaint I remember people had was you can't even tell if Madonna is on the song since the vocals sound too similar. The only part I remember people liking was when Madonna sings "hey Britney...".

It felt like a let down at the time after that big VMA performance. Since then, I've put it in the dustbin of history