The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

59 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Versace , Vetement and JPG

Gaultier is the Kimono gown and the Black corset. And Vetement I think the rest

The other corsets she wears are by Rosamosario.

here you can have a close look at one of them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CybiXDptPIA/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

2 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Perfect example of singing to a backing track. You can clearly hear when she starts singing again, if you can't hear it i suggest you go check your ears.  I have no idea why people say its  a playback show, while it's not, some songs are live ( la isla bonita, mother and father, i will survive) i think... And most of them are live with a backing track... 

Are you referring to me about clear my ears? or are you ranting just cos? My point is that you can notice she is singing BECAUSE SHE COUGHS

Just now, EgoRod said:

Are you referring to me about clear my ears? or are you ranting just cos? My point is that you can notice she is singing BECAUSE SHE COUGHS

Noooo! Not you.. sorry if it seems that way. But it's for the people on here claiming its a playback show like Britney Spears... Im new here and english is not my 1st language, so sorry if you tought i was talking about you 

2 hours ago, ScottyX said:

Do you have any recorded music? I would love to hear how incredibly amazing and trained you sound.

I appreciate your interest, but my goal here is simply to discuss Madonna's performance. If you have any observations or comments about her performance, I'd be happy to hear them. I don't believe my songs are relevant to this discussion. I also work in a different music genre, and I don't think it's necessary to discuss it to demonstrate my musical expertise.

However, I do have knowledge of autotune, since years ago I briefly took a course on audio engineering (which I abandoned) where I learned to use Melodyne. If you have any questions about vocal techniques or even the use of autotune, I'm happy to answer! Although I have limited knowledge of real-time autotune, I've only used Melodyne.

19 minutes ago, Michael_Py said:

One of the highlights was the Like a Virgin/Billie Jean. The tribute to MJ. You can clearly hear people going crazy when this part comes. 

btw who sings Madonna’s part on it? Is she? Doesn’t sound like her, maybe I’m crazy.

It’s her vocals for Confessions Tour studio version, pitched down.

8 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I appreciate your interest, but my goal here is simply to discuss Madonna's performance. If you have any observations or comments about her performance, I'd be happy to hear them. I don't believe my songs are relevant to this discussion. I also work in a different music genre, and I don't think it's necessary to discuss it to demonstrate my musical expertise.

However, I do have knowledge of autotune, since years ago I briefly took a course on audio engineering (which I abandoned) where I learned to use Melodyne. If you have any questions about vocal techniques or even the use of autotune, I'm happy to answer! Although I have limited knowledge of real-time autotune, I've just used Melodyne.

You're bringing pure class to this discussion ✌️

I might have easily succumbed to the temptation of getting provoked 🤣

10 hours ago, Arckangel said:

A little “essay”

This been a hypocritical problem for very long time. If Madonna sounds good, like GOOD, real good singing live, some people (fans included) will automatically assume she’s lip-syncing.

Take “Sooner or Later” at the Blond Ambition Tour, for instance. She fully performed it live with no backing track at all during this performance below and the rest of the tour.[…] 

This is psychological conditioning. People, fans included, have been conditioned to think of Madonna as a non-singer and not a vocalist or truly professional singer, so if she sounds truly good, people will think it must be lipped.

But she is definitely partly to be blamed for that because with the exception of 1998–2004 she never really bothered with the singing. She didn't train her voice properly until Evita and she lost interest in doing so after Confessions. And these days, she's hiding her singing-ability (which its definitely there) behind effects and backing-tracks. She is not a great singer technically because she doesn't have a wide range. But she is a singer that is able to express emotions. I don't know how she does it but the way she sings a song tells the story at least as much as the lyrics do. She's much better than Taylor here, if you ask me, who doesn't have that ability.

And yet, she goes for backing tracks and everything on tour rather than training her voice and singing properly. If you have the studio vocals playing behind your live vocals, you have to stay in synch with them. That means, you can't alter certain lines, etc., which means you cannot highlight certain parts of a song, depending on the mood or the night. It becomes very robotic. 

I don't mind if she lip-synchs a song when the choreography is demanding. Celine Dion is lipping two thirds of her shows and doesn't dance at all. But I H A T E it when she has her own album vocals playing along during performances such as NRM or Live To Tell. These are numbers where she's standing still. She's a singer after all and she's playing a concert. I expect someone with the professionalism and the talent that Madonna has to sing live without support in such moments. She has proven time and time again that she's capable of doing so. And yet she isn't, may it be a lack of nerves or a lack of training. But if people spend as much money as they do when they buy a ticket to her shows, they deserve someone who's in charge of their nerves and their instrument, here, her voice.

4 minutes ago, ShantiAshtangi said:

But she is definitely partly to be blamed for that because with the exception of 1998–2004 she never really bothered with the singing. She didn't train her voice properly until Evita and she lost interest in doing so after Confessions. And these days, she's hiding her singing-ability (which its definitely there) behind effects and backing-tracks. She is not a great singer technically because she doesn't have a wide range. But she is a singer that is able to express emotions. I don't know how she does it but the way she sings a song tells the story at least as much as the lyrics do. She's much better than Taylor here, if you ask me, who doesn't have that ability.

And yet, she goes for backing tracks and everything on tour rather than training her voice and singing properly. If you have the studio vocals playing behind your live vocals, you have to stay in synch with them. That means, you can't alter certain lines, etc., which means you cannot highlight certain parts of a song, depending on the mood or the night. It becomes very robotic. 

I don't mind if she lip-synchs a song when the choreography is demanding. Celine Dion is lipping two thirds of her shows and doesn't dance at all. But I H A T E it when she has her own album vocals playing along during performances such as NRM or Live To Tell. These are numbers where she's standing still. She's a singer after all and she's playing a concert. I expect someone with the professionalism and the talent that Madonna has to sing live without support in such moments. She has proven time and time again that she's capable of doing so. And yet she isn't, may it be a lack of nerves or a lack of training. But if people spend as much money as they do when they buy a ticket to her shows, they deserve someone who's in charge of their nerves and their instrument, here, her voice.

She is still singing on nrm and live to tell, you can hear her clearly. Singing live with a backing track is still singing live, she's in her 60s and she does a great job 

Just now, scion said:

Probably. Let them.

When she sounds horrible people are like: ohhh she can't and could never sing, when she sounds great people are like: It's not live, its lipsync,  When she uses a backing track people are like: It's not live It's lipsync... Arghh so anoying 

3 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

She is still singing on nrm and live to tell, you can hear her clearly. Singing live with a backing track is still singing live, she's in her 60s and she does a great job 

She is, I didn't doubt that. But having your lead vocals doubled up by playing studio lead vocals along your live vocals is simply lazy, I'm sorry. Turn up her mic if the music is too loud but don't do that. And what does her age have to do with that? She's 65 yeah but she hasn't lost her voice. She either doesn't care or doesn't dare to sing without pre-recorded support which I do not expect to happen at a live (!)-concert. And – and that's more important – she diminishes her own talents by doing so. Yeah, you could hear her live vocals stopping when she had to sneeze during ITG but you could also hear how loud her pre-receded vocals were. I'd say it's a 50/50-thing. And it is fuel to the fire of everyone who claims she cannot sing. She obviously thinks so herself.

If I have to nitpick, then I have to say that I am not impressed by the costumes. Some of them are OK, but they are more like fashion for some TV shows. One costume evoked Beyonce too much. Also, dancers had a lot of tacky costumes.

Another thing, I wished she did new video visuals. Nothing Really Matters could have been better with video backgrounds a la Future Lovers. Instead of that, the performance was too simple. Madonna's tour openers have always been spectacular and dramatic.

Some songs definitely needed to be reinvented (Nothing Really Matters, Ray of Light, Celebration).

Overall, it was a great show. The setlist was the star.

2 hours ago, ron92 said:

For me it’s not a problem if she rely on playback for most parts. She do this since the beginning, many songs on the BA weren’t live at all, not even with her voice in the background. I except this now that is not young anymore, even if her dancing steps are much simpler. I think this is obvious for her, I don’t understand why someone complain about it. I understand the pleasure to see a live singer, but after 40 years this is not a news at all. I prefer a good quality show with playback in some parts that a live show with bad voice like the sticky and sweet. 

P.s. yesterday some part were live while in the first night weren’t. So I think it depends also if her voice is in shape that night.

Many? Only four songs on Blond Ambition were more or less mimed. “Now I’m Following You” was fully lipped, and that was part of the act; as you must know, Madonna had a musician play a record of her duet w/ Warren Beatty/Dick Tracy, and a dancer, dressed as Dick Tracy, mimed and danced with her.

As for “Express Yourself,” “Where’s the Party” and “Vogue,” they were all live w/ a backing track—the backing track was heavier on some nights, and the Truth or Dare movie versions of “Express Yourself” and “Vogue” were likely dubbed. Besides, Madonna confirmed in Truth or Dare that one night, her headset microphone was not working during a number of songs, incl. “Where’s the Party” and “Vogue.”

All the rest was fully live except maybe a few parts of “Papa Don’t Preach” and a few words at the beginning of “Into the Groove.”

It’s called a pitch corrector.

They all use it. Even celine dion and whitney houston had to use it. They use all kinds of shit to make their vocals more powerful compressors, reverbs, pitch corrector. This is standard, nothing new.

Autotune is mostly used in the studio and not live on stage because of late feedback problems. 

42 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

Most artists use live autotune in their concerts nowadays, even other big ones like Taylor, Beyoncé (and also lipsynching, but that's nothing new).

It's nothing revolutionary or something to be shocked about.

They all use it. Even celine dion and whitney houston had to use it. They use all kinds of shit to make their vocals more powerful compressors, reverbs, pitch corrector. This is standard, nothing new. Autotune is mostly used in the studio and not live on stage because of late feedback problems. 

After watching different videos with the ending and properly the beginning. You can tell there's not intention of ever doing Celebration as a whole song. It sandwiches the whole show in between. Bob's intro has Celebration in it and Madonna's chanting finale has celebration in it to wrap up. And I think that works, we are used to have one bit hit as the finale.

I do think the end it's too fast thou. If the idea is this presented. They should have a longer or richer ending. we just had a big interlude when she has a break and you expect a bit more of  Madonna. But just about 6-10 minutes more, two mixed songs in between. And that will be rounded it up perfectly.

13 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

They all use it. Even celine dion and whitney houston had to use it. They use all kinds of shit to make their vocals more powerful compressors, reverbs, pitch corrector. This is standard, nothing new. Autotune is mostly used in the studio and not live on stage because of late feedback problems. 

I know it's a pitch corrector, I engineer vocals and worked for live events as well, but most artists nowadays just use autotune (Antares seems to be everyone's favorite choice) for live performances just with a slow tuning instead of the hard, robotic setting which gives the effect Autotune is mostly known for.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)