The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

But it is live, and live with a backing track ( wich is for backup, when her vocals are tired, or she missed lyrics or is out of breath)

And from the video's out there she sings along to pretty much everything, some video's louder than others, depends on where that person is recording and the video quality...

And about that dad part, she's not singing there , so the backing vocals are heard.. 

I don't understand why this has become a huge conversation. It's not like she's new singing along with backing tracks.  Like you mentioned, some songs you hear the backing tracks more than her actual live vocals.  There are moments in the show like Erotica and JML where she's relying heavily on the backing track, but at times (especially Erotica) you can hear her live vocals. Nothing Really Matters relies pretty heavily on a backing track, but she's definitely singing live with it.  Everybody relies heavily as well. At times, it is just the backing track, but then you hear her live vocals sung over part of it.  I know the big debate here is "Bad Girl", but as I've mentioned before, I do believe she's singing live, but she relies on a backing track with her vocals.  To me, it's about enhancing her live vocals unlike what is happening with Justify My Love and Erotica.  The latter two songs have quieter vocals/whispers to the song, so it's hard to duplicate those live for people to make out, so that is why the backing vocal track is heard in those songs. Though with Bad GIrl, I think she just wanted another layer of vocals to sing "live" over. 

The only one I really have an issue with is Everybody.  I wish she didn't rely so heavily on the backing vocal track (which is simply the original vocals to the song).  It's a song that doesn't need to sound perfect when singing live, but at the same time I think she could sing it pretty well completely live if she wanted to. :)

45 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

She sings in both when there is singing. She doesn’t do the spoken vocals, although she does in Vogue. Madonna didn’t do any of the singing or spoken part of JML until the outro in the Girlie Show either…We were fine with it then, and I’m fine with it now. 

When did I say I'm not fine with it? :salty:

57 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't understand why this has become a huge conversation. It's not like she's new singing along with backing tracks.  Like you mentioned, some songs you hear the backing tracks more than her actual live vocals.  There are moments in the show like Erotica and JML where she's relying heavily on the backing track, but at times (especially Erotica) you can hear her live vocals. Nothing Really Matters relies pretty heavily on a backing track, but she's definitely singing live with it.  Everybody relies heavily as well. At times, it is just the backing track, but then you hear her live vocals sung over part of it.  I know the big debate here is "Bad Girl", but as I've mentioned before, I do believe she's singing live, but she relies on a backing track with her vocals.  To me, it's about enhancing her live vocals unlike what is happening with Justify My Love and Erotica.  The latter two songs have quieter vocals/whispers to the song, so it's hard to duplicate those live for people to make out, so that is why the backing vocal track is heard in those songs. Though with Bad GIrl, I think she just wanted another layer of vocals to sing "live" over. 

The only one I really have an issue with is Everybody.  I wish she didn't rely so heavily on the backing vocal track (which is simply the original vocals to the song).  It's a song that doesn't need to sound perfect when singing live, but at the same time I think she could sing it pretty well completely live if she wanted to. :)

Im not the one making a big deal out of it 😂

I say exactly the same thing as you. Sometimes her live vocals are louder, Sometimes the backing track is, depends on the night, depends on where the person is standing while recording, depends on her vocals, but she sings live and live with backing tracks like 80% of the time... 

And yes also on Bad Girl, Sometimes she sounds flat..

One week to go till i finaly get to see her 🥰

26 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

Im not the one making a big deal out of it 😂

I didn't mean to imply you were. I was just making a general statement in why I was a little surprised this  has become such a huge debatable conversation.

I say exactly the same thing as you. Sometimes her live vocals are louder, Sometimes the backing track is, depends on the night, depends on where the person is standing while recording, depends on her vocals, but she sings live and live with backing tracks like 80% of the time... 

And yes also on Bad Girl, Sometimes she sounds flat..

One week to go till i finaly get to see her 🥰 

I totally agree, she's live much of the time, but relies a lot on backing tracks while a few songs like Erotica, Justify My Love and Everybody are clearly relying on those vocal backing tracks more than her live vocals. 

I'm sure you are growing with more anticipation and excitement as that date gets closer.  You're going to have a blast!  :party:

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

Saw the show two times up close and you can definitely tell when she's really singing, you can see her open the mouth more. When she's relying mostly on the pre-recorded vocals she is opening the mouth just a bit, not enough to make such a loud sound, basically just singing along. For the fully live part (for example, I Will Survive) you can see the full mouth movement and the neck also looks much more strained. She is also holding the microphone much closer to the lips when the focus is on the live vocals, almost pressing it to the mouth.

In the YouTube videos it's difficult to tell what's live and what's not because different cameras catch different sounds, so some recordings capture more live tones, and some more pre-recorded tones, but up close it's much more obvious.

Last night in Milan she attempted to belt out some parts and hold the note much longer than the pre-recorded vocals, but I don't think it was very successful, the songs where she has a strong backing track don't leave much space for improvisations.

I really don't know how anyone can doubt she's singing live this time, even just looking some YouTube videos. I mean:

In this tour she makes mistakes all the time, forgets lines and you hear only the backing track low, adds words when there shouldn't be etc. etc. She's live except for "Justify My Love" and parts of "Erotica".

Catching up with the thread. :)

At my Paris show (November 19th), Madonna did leave the stage saying "Thank you Paris! Bonne nuit! Good night", or something along those lines. I guess it just depends on her mood I don't know. She seemed very relaxed and happy at that specific show.

Die Another Day is definitely live with a backing track. At some point she sang a line slightly early at my show and you could hear it quite clearly. Some tracks have a more prominent backing track than others (NRM after the intro, Bitch I'm Madonna, Bad Girl and Hung Up being the ones were it is pretty much as loud as her actual voice). From what I gathered, Everybody's backing track is very loud and she sings with it during the verses and bridge, but doesn't sing during the choruses, making these lip-synced. Erotica's spoken parts are lipped while she sings with the backing track for the singing parts. Justify My Love is fully lipped. Surprisingly the rap in Vogue is live, for the first time ever in a tour.

8 hours ago, androiduser said:

Saw the show two times up close and you can definitely tell when she's really singing, you can see her open the mouth more. When she's relying mostly on the pre-recorded vocals she is opening the mouth just a bit, not enough to make such a loud sound, basically just singing along. For the fully live part (for example, I Will Survive) you can see the full mouth movement and the neck also looks much more strained. She is also holding the microphone much closer to the lips when the focus is on the live vocals, almost pressing it to the mouth.

In the YouTube videos it's difficult to tell what's live and what's not because different cameras catch different sounds, so some recordings capture more live tones, and some more pre-recorded tones, but up close it's much more obvious.

Last night in Milan she attempted to belt out some parts and hold the note much longer than the pre-recorded vocals, but I don't think it was very successful, the songs where she has a strong backing track don't leave much space for improvisations.

Why are you quoting me lol

I know she sings live, im not the one who needs to be convinced 😅... but there are people on this forum who are deaf, because they still doubt her live vocals or live vocals over a backing track... not me 🥰

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

I really don't know how anyone can doubt she's singing live this time, even just looking some YouTube videos. I mean:

In this tour she makes mistakes all the time, forgets lines and you hear only the backing track low, adds words when there shouldn't be etc. etc. She's live except for "Justify My Love" and parts of "Erotica".

This!...

And that video is amazing btw 😍

The concert in Milan was wonderful, she was in excellent shape... (nothing like the photos with the new corset), many complained about the delay (as if it were the first time), EVERYTHING is AMAZING!!, it deserves to be to be seen several times (I only went on one date due to work). Madonna was wonderful for two hours and made us dream with her again.

The friends who were with me recorded the Audio concert in excellent quality, I promise I will share it soon.

For those who were in Milan:

" PAZZA PAZZA PAZZA - BACIO BACIO - CACIO E PEPE "

Milan.jpg

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)