The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I never doubted some of it is live - I think as has been said before, depending on the night, depends on how much she is assisted by a backing track. 

Totally agree. There are some tracks the backing track is dominate while other times, she is clearly heard singing over it.  Other than parts of Justify My Love and Erotica, she's singing live with those backing tracks.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/sapphiracristal/3282653387082274734/

January 8, 2024    Boston                                TD Garden                            Just Madonna alone.
January 9, 2024          Boston                                TD Garden                                  Maggie Rogers
January 11, 2024    Toronto    Canada             Scotiabank Arena         Sapphira Cristál
January 12, 2024        Toronto    Canada             Scotiabank Arena                     Viktor Peters  Veruschka
January 15, 2024    Detroit    United State     Little Caesars Arena                 Sapphira Cristál (again)

kokoelma.JPG

Sorry I'm late.... 

The show in Detroit was absolutely stunning! All the clips I saw of the tour don't do its justice. Highlights for me were Ray of Light (this TOTALLY blew me out of the water), Live To Tell, Erotica, and Nothing Really Matters. 

My only complaints: Like A Virgin needed to actually be performed and not an interlude. The crowd went nuts at first but then seemed confused when they realized she's not coming out to sing it. Into The Groove did not need the Gap version, literally nobody remembers the 2003 lyrics. Why oh why did she cock tease us with PDP yet AGAIN? And my pettiest complaint - lackluster costumes and way too much black. 

4 hours ago, McDonna said:

Ha!  Nice save!  Should also prove she's singing live over a backing track for those who say otherwise!  :luv:

4 hours ago, adirondak said:

Anyone who says that is dumb. She messed up the lyrics to Bad Girl on opening night and it was very obviously heard. 

3 hours ago, McDonna said:

Totally agree. There are some tracks the backing track is dominate while other times, she is clearly heard singing over it.  Other than parts of Justify My Love and Erotica, she's singing live with those backing tracks.

This also proves AGAIN that the backing tracks aren't that loud.  On almost every video where she starts singing to late, the backing tracks is not loud. We heard it allready with Vogue, Ray Of Light, Mother and Father, Don't Tell Me and now open your heart... The only songs with louder backing tracks are Everybody and Hung up and bim. Erotica and Justify my love are lipped mostly... 

4 hours ago, Jackie said:

I never doubted some of it is live - I think as has been said before, depending on the night, depends on how much she is assisted by a backing track. 

It's not " Some of it is live" ... it's " All of it is live " ( Except Erotica and Justify my love, those are lipped mostly) But she sings live on ALL other tracks, and with many video's to proove allready the backing tracks are not loud at all. Sure there are a few tracks where the backing track is more dominant like Hung Up and Everybody. But songs like Ray of Light, Vogue, Don't Tell Me, Mother and Father, and now Open Your Heart have no loud backing tracks because we have video's to proove that. She messed up on those songs by starting to late and the backing where verry low volume. Maybe on some songs the backing track is a bit louder in the chorus but on those the verses are definitely not loud. 

18 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

It's not " Some of it is live" ... it's " All of it is live " ( Except Erotica and Justify my love, those are lipped mostly) But she sings live on ALL other tracks, and with many video's to proove allready the backing tracks are not loud at all. Sure there are a few tracks where the backing track is more dominant like Hung Up and Everybody. But songs like Ray of Light, Vogue, Don't Tell Me, Mother and Father, and now Open Your Heart have no loud backing tracks because we have video's to proove that. She messed up on those songs by starting to late and the backing where verry low volume. Maybe on some songs the backing track is a bit louder in the chorus but on those the verses are definitely not loud. 

The backing tracks have been louder on some nights than others. I think it was more early on in the tour where they were still tweaking this stuff.

10 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The backing tracks have been louder on some nights than others. I think it was more early on in the tour where they were still tweaking this stuff.

Could be, but still, she sings live on all of the songs except Erotica and Justify my love... 

But in most cases the backing track is not that loud. If you hear differences in volume it's mostly because of where the person is recording in that arena. Watch more videos from one same night and you will notice that all the videos sound different. On video's from the same night, same song, different recording spot the sound is verry often different, on some she sounds more live than on those other video's, while it's the same night and same song. Again i think the quality of the videos and the recording spot plays the biggest part in how loud the backing track sounds. But again, she sings live on all of them ( minus erotica and Justify) 

32 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

All singers should sing live imo

I posted a perfect example of this a few pages back. Ray of Light Amsterdam dec 2. Different video's, same night, same song. But they all sound Different. On some her live vocals are way louder than others, while its the same night and song...

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

I posted a perfect example of this a few pages back. Ray of Light Amsterdam dec 2. Different video's, same night, same song. But they all sound Different. On some her live vocals are way louder than others, while its the same night and song...

And that was my point - some nights her vocals are louder, others the backing track and others it's blended better - 

2 hours ago, True Blue 84 said:

I agree. In Paris the vocals sounded more live in the golden circle than in the floor front row. The audio from 20th november sound more live than it was on the arena this night. 

Oh please. A lot of performers use backing tracks on their POP shows. She's 65, obviously she's not going to have the same stamina as when she was 30 (let's not forget that on her 50's she was an absolute human machine, performing and dancing better than people half her age while singing LIVE). 

She will have more backing track help on her shows as she gets older. Her strenght is not the same but she's stil delivering. 

Can we move on? Thanks. 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

All singers should sing live imo

That is not always true. Singing live is something that could damage your voice if you do it night after night after night. In the past most singer, like Streisand, didn't do live tour with 70/80 dates. If we want to see our favorite singers live in our country we have to deal with the fact that something could be lipped and something could be live but with some flaws, especially for those who are not young anymore. For me Madonna could not sing one note and still be amazing at her age. We have to stop pretending that those artist do their job like robot only because we paid a lot for the tickets. No one Force us to buy it.

6 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Oh please. A lot of performers use backing tracks on their POP shows. She's 65, obviously she's not going to have the same stamina as when she was 30 (let's not forget that on her 50's she was an absolute human machine, performing and dancing better than people half her age while singing LIVE). 

She will have more backing track help on her shows as she gets older. Her strenght is not the same but she's stil delivering. 

Can we move on? Thanks. 

I agree and i add that she was using backing track even at her 30, because her voice needs to rest, like it was shown on truth or dare

• Enrico unfeatured this topic