The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

30 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I think we’re way past the stage of the show being filmed at one specific location. I think the official release will be a mish mash of maybe 43 shows LOL. 
My only hope is there are no phone or YouTube recordings blended in. That drove me nuts with MXT.

However, I think the Vogue ball in the official recording WILL be a mish mash of all the guests she’s had on stage. With all 3 different corsets. Including Santa Clause. That moment was and forever will be, Iconic. 

Miss Mash 2024 realness. Can’t wait to watch this in 2027

For a real experience , i hope it includes my show in London..and it will just stop dead at Rain with a "goodnight" and her swinging in the air hahaa

35 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

Any news on a pop up shop for MSG?? Can NYC peeps confirm?

Yup. Just got an email from MSG:

“Shop Early for Merch
An exclusive line of Madonna merch will be available for purchase from 5pm – 9pm in Chase Square, located off 7th Avenue between 31st Street and 33rd Street. You do not need a ticket to enter the store area”

36 minutes ago, Gutten said:

Wasn’t the Rebel Heart Tour filmed on the last 2 dates?

most of it was filmed on the last two dates but there was footage from multiple cities (the different guests on stage) (the outfits and hair changing during a few songs)

MDNA was the same, footage was mostly from Miami, with the olympia gig mixed in, and some other cities as well as outfits and hair changing during a few songs

28 minutes ago, David3333 said:

Yup. Just got an email from MSG:

“Shop Early for Merch
An exclusive line of Madonna merch will be available for purchase from 5pm – 9pm in Chase Square, located off 7th Avenue between 31st Street and 33rd Street. You do not need a ticket to enter the store area”

@RUADJAI

12 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

I hope the shows are filmed at Madison Square Garden for the concert film!!! 🙏🏻🤞🏻

Same. The Celebration Tour video content director Sasha Kasiuha shares a few words about the content he created for Madonna's show on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2aKpQ_sm_j/?igsh=MWpnYWY0bXNndXNxYw%3D%3D

I miss your youtube channel by the way

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Same. The Celebration Tour video content director Sasha Kasiuha shares a few words about the content he created for Madonna's show on Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2aKpQ_sm_j/?igsh=MWpnYWY0bXNndXNxYw%3D%3D

I miss your youtube channel by the way

Don't worry honey!!! I have 2 new YouTube channels if you want to subscribe to them!

https://youtube.com/@TheCelebrationTourFiles?si=QgkxAOMzy-Ij3G4n

https://youtube.com/@HugoHid?si=76UerEalCaVpAdYK

4 hours ago, xavier said:

C7-F23-D6-F-8-DA8-4153-ADA2-48578-E343-F

Ok now THIS is a proper title to speak about this concert :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2Zy0PqMp5G/?igsh=MTltYWlkcW9xcnU0aw==

Nice post!

A tour til the Autumn? :confused:

What does bolted on mean? Fixed? Arranged?

And this makes sense with all the rumoured festival partecipations in summer time. 

She could easily make a pause from April to June and then going on with stadiums till october. The video release in the spring of 2025, so the path would be ready for the awaited new album late that year (I know, Orbit just wrote "bolted till Autumn" :lol:, but I'm eager for new proper music, just be tollerant with me)

36 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok now THIS is a proper title to speak about this concert :thumbsup:

And this makes sense with all the rumoured festival partecipations in summer time. 

She could easily make a pause from April to June and then going on with stadiums till october. The video release in the spring of 2025, so the path would be ready for the awaited new album late that year (I know, Orbit just wrote "bolted till Autumn" :lol:, but I'm eager for new proper music, just be tollerant with me)

Thanks for the article...

The title and the photo are wonderful

I hope for an extension of the tour but also for a new album this year!!!!

I wish merch wasn't so expensive for this tour; I don't think there's much else I'd buy that I can afford after all I've spent. Just the pens, perhaps. I'd buy that long sleeve shirt with the tours on it if there wasn't the error. But I'll still go check out the pop-up store after work today before the show.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2Zy0PqMp5G/?igsh=MTltYWlkcW9xcnU0aw==

Nice post!

A tour til the Autumn? :confused:

What does bolted on mean? Fixed? Arranged?

Unfortunately he speaks a bit erratic. I believe he is talking about his own tour that he mentions just before Madonna's tour. Bolted on probably means "added on", "tacked on".

2 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

most of it was filmed on the last two dates but there was footage from multiple cities (the different guests on stage) (the outfits and hair changing during a few songs)

MDNA was the same, footage was mostly from Miami, with the olympia gig mixed in, and some other cities as well as outfits and hair changing during a few songs

I know that but the main footage is usually done at the end of the tour.

56 minutes ago, xavier said:

It's incredible what amazing quality video footage fans (albeit some are actually pros) are getting- all her team needs is capturing footage like this mixed with soundboard audio and it would the best looking commercial release of her tour in years. I forget where I read at the beginning of the tour but her lighting (and likely most touring artists in 2024) has been adjusted to accommodate smart phones, and social media posts. I know my past iphone M concert photos & videos were almost always overexposed on her face unless she was standing still (2008-2016).  With all of this great fan footage out there, I hope whatever format this concert gets released unde, it's mainly Madonna looking great and very real without heavy filters.

1 hour ago, Gutten said:

I know that but the main footage is usually done at the end of the tour.

Not always the case

The Virgin Tour - May 25 and May 26th 1985, a month before the end of the tour

Who's That Girl World Tour - The concert at Korakuen Stadium, Tokyo was broadcast on June 22, 1987 5 days into the tour. this was released in Japan only. The footage for Ciao Italia: Live from Italy uses footage from the Japan date above as well as the final two shows in Turin on September 4, 1987, and Florence on September 6, 1987

Blond Ambtiion Tour - The last concert in Nice, France, was recorded and broadcast on HBO. - One of the Yokohama dates at the start of the tour in April 1990 was also recorded and released exclusively in Japan. Spanish broadcaster TVE recorded the concert in Barcelona (2nd last show)

The Girlie Show - Broadcast live on HBO on November 20 1993 a month before the end of the tour. The concerts in Fukuoka, Japan a few weeks later on December 7, December 8 and December 9th were filmed and aired exclusively on Japanese television

Drowned World Tour - August 26 show was broadcast live on HBO, a month before the end of the tour

Re-Invention Tour - Final shows in Lisbon on September 13 and September 14th 2004 were shot and leaked in 2010. Footage from I'm going to tell you a secret was filed in Paris on September 4–5, 2004

Confessions Tour - August 15 and August 16 2006, in the middle of the tour

Sticky and Sweet Tour - filmed on December 4th - December 8th 2008 in Buenos Aries. Tour ended December 21 2008. broadcast on Sky1 on July 4, 2009 opening night of the 2009 leg. The songs from the 2009 leg were not filmed professionally (as far as we know)

MDNA - It was decided early on that the team wanted to film at least part of the show during the July 14 2012 stop of the tour in Paris at the Stade de France but it was one night only show. Usually, the selection of the venue to film a concert goes to venues that will be getting the show for multiple nights in order to make sure the show is completely captured and there is footage to fall back on should something in one show go wrong. However, the footage that was captured didn't suit Madonna completely. Some rumors say that she felt the footage was shot from too far away and that not enough of the performance and energy on stage was captured in the footage. So, the choice was made to cut this footage and start from scratch. 

Madonna planned to film her first ever shows in Columbia on November 28 and November 29 2012. Except...the director that M so desperately wanted to film the show was unavailable to shoot in Columbia. So, instead of not using the team she wanted, she decided to axe the filming in Columbia and looked for another place to film. However, cranes were placed in the stadium in Buenos Aires December 13 and December 14 2012 for extra crowd shots. 

Madonna decided to film the last two shows in the US at the American Airlines Arena in Miami on November 19th and 20th 2012. The shows were sold out and the crowds in Miami usually promised to be energetic. However, on November 19th 2012, Madonna was much later arriving on stage than usual and by the time the show began, there were very noticeable empty patches in the venue. The same happened the following night on November 20th 2012. While the show footage that was captured was exactly what M wanted, the empty spaces and lack of energy by the third act of the show rendered much of the Miami footage unusable.

Faced with the issue of having two less than satisfactory shoots, less than a month left in the tour and no time to organize another shoot. It was time for M and her team to make a choice. Which footage was going to be used in the final film? After some deliberation...obviously it was decided that they would blend the footage of the two shoots and throw in some of the olympia club show on July 27th 2012 for good measure. That is what we ended up with.

Rebel Heart Tour - final dates on March 19–20, 2016 were filmed but footage from multiple dates was used. Tears of a clown was filmed in full on March 10, 2016

Madame X Tour: filmed during January 12 - January 23 2020 in Lisbon. The tour ended on March 8 2020

Remember to add (all fans must know this so its a bit boring) The Virgin tour theres a few parts from rehearsals/ pre done show so the cameras could get better close ups. 

Girlie Show down under they were supposed to film the night after which got cancelled due to the bad storm. The version we got was the cameras preparing where to be perfect ect, not the actual show that they were waiting to film so we see the real Madonna and TBH that way worked best in the end! 

1 hour ago, scallywally said:

Remember to add (all fans must know this so its a bit boring) The Virgin tour theres a few parts from rehearsals/ pre done show so the cameras could get better close ups. 

Girlie Show down under they were supposed to film the night after which got cancelled due to the bad storm. The version we got was the cameras preparing where to be perfect ect, not the actual show that they were waiting to film so we see the real Madonna and TBH that way worked best in the end! 

I clearly remember visiting a friend of mine, who had cable tv (Sky), at 10 am to see the live broadcast here in Italy. But then due to the storm they cancelled and didn't show anything that morning, at least in Italy.