The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

to be fair, she didn't acknowledge all the other former collaborators (mirwais, orbit,...) that attended either. she could have brought them on as guest judges... but, i hope / i'm certain they connected backstage / in a private moment. <3

2 minutes ago, PHIL said:

to be fair, she didn't acknowledge all the other former collaborators (mirwais, orbit,...) that attended either. she could have brought them on as guest judges... but, i hope / i'm certain they connected backstage / in a private moment. <3

Orbit was invited back stage, he told the fans next to him. :) 

6 minutes ago, PHIL said:

Yeah this is a fact also, you are right, I did not consider it :thumbsup:

Anyway, watching those videos with them in the crowd and neither a hand contact feels honestly weird. Who knows what really happened ...

Can anyone remember YEARS ago in a Spice girls doc 'Spice Girls in America' or something (look it up, its great! proper bitch fest parts). 

ANYWAY M took Lola and meets them back stage 'NO CAMERAS ALLOWED' After they said how nice she was and for Mel C it was just mind blowing. (She's such a huge fan). They knew she was in the audience so extra nervous. No they didnt point her out in the show. Its just a private backstage meeting. M is (or was) quite a private person. Others shes seen, even Harry, they dont point her out and say hi.. 

Imagine all the famous people she sees st the front, not only the regulars like Mel C, Kylie, Lenny ect.. She doesnt say hi. Its quite rare. 

Niki has been pseudo-dissing her in documentaries, interviews and podcasts for more than 20 years now (especially one titled “Madonna Men” or something like that was not good) and both of them using her songs and name for their own shows, so of course it wasn’t going to happen.

It would have been iconic for us but it just wasn’t realistic.

1 hour ago, PHIL said:

Maybe some of them she asked but they didn't want to?

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Yeah this is a fact also, you are right, I did not consider it :thumbsup:

Anyway, watching those videos with them in the crowd and neither a hand contact feels honestly weird. Who knows what really happened ...

I just have a feeling Nikki ruined any kind of reconciliation when she started shooting her mouth off all those years ago, plus I still find her shady when she's giving interviews. Unfortunately Donna would just get tarnished with the Nikki association and I wouldn't be surprised they received front row tickets through an invite from Guy and nothing to do with Madonna.

13 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I Hope she invited them and she met them backstage otherwise it would be them forcing themselves into her and using the show for their own promo and photo background....it feels like the latter but i Hope i'm wrong cuz it would be too pathetic. 

I think it's the second option too. I can't see Madonna forgiving Niki for the crap she slobbered all over the press about her in 2004.

5 hours ago, scallywally said:

Maybe when they met/meet backstage theyll discuss it for another show and book rehearsal time, theyve all been too busy to prepare for tonight and im sure its the first time theyve seen it. In an interview Nikki said it looks great on youtube. 

Let's keep hoping, but I think we will never see them together again, sadly 😭

4 hours ago, madonnainbrooklyn said:

Madonna needs to go do a costume break and let Niki and Donna do "Rain"

It would be awesome, but impossible 🤣

4 hours ago, Scottyx said:

I wonder the same. I hope if she ever tours again, Madame X style, that it will be something that everyone can actually get to attend.

After hearing Niki and Donna sing NRM "unplugged", I could imagine Madonna doing a concert that way.

Madonna could never sing unplugged again, she hasn't the voice she had during the American Life era. 

Now more than ever, her type of show needs to be theatrical. The last "unplugged" show with Jon Batiste (a well-known and highly valued musician) was a total mess. She sang terribly, even with autotune. It looked like an amateur karaoke night. It's better for her to stick to shows like the Celebration Tour.

3 hours ago, Joseebus said:

She never acknowledged the girls, according to my friend. I guess they said their hellos backstage.

If she hadn't greeted them backstage, it would have been very, very sad. Donna was her backing vocalist until the end of the Confessions Tour. She sang and danced with her, and gave her vocal advice. And Niki, too, deserves a greeting after so many significant years together.

I'm said if she never acknowledged the girls.

And yet, we ended up with Toschifa on stage 🤮

• Enrico unfeatured this topic