The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

8 minutes ago, xrhaul said:

I think this is the first time she’s fully lip-syncing to Into the Groove, maybe they’re sorting things out for the big show in Rio. 

Into The Groove is a very difficult song to sing and she has been known the lip synch it or change the pitch towards the end of a tour. 

New Madonna Easter egg from last night in Atlanta:

She wanted Dallas Austin and not just professionally!

From PopJustice forums:

She also berated Dallas Austin, who was in the front row, for, apparently, treating her poorly (and not reciprocating her romantic feelings) during the Bedtime Stories sessions. Speaking of which, she made some comments acknowledging that she'd recorded much of the album outside of Atlanta and that she missed those types of more organic recording sessions in which she'd just rent a house with some talented musicians and work on an album. Which is maybe a touch ironic given her approach to live music in this tour.

Been trying to find the video but nothing yet. Guess it was on the second speech before "I Will Survive"? Or maybe before "Burning Up", but that one is usually about her pre-fame time, coming to NY, etc.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

From PopJustice forums:

She also berated Dallas Austin, who was in the front row, for, apparently, treating her poorly (and not reciprocating her romantic feelings) during the Bedtime Stories sessions. Speaking of which, she made some comments acknowledging that she'd recorded much of the album outside of Atlanta and that she missed those types of more organic recording sessions in which she'd just rent a house with some talented musicians and work on an album. Which is maybe a touch ironic given her approach to live music in this tour.

Been trying to find the video but nothing yet. Guess it was on the second speech before "I Will Survive"? Or maybe before "Burning Up", but that one is usually about her pre-fame time, coming to NY, etc.

Damn. What a perfect opportunity for her to bust out Secret. She did all the Bedtime Stories singles he didn’t produce. 🙃

2 hours ago, xrhaul said:

I think this is the first time she’s fully lip-syncing to Into the Groove, maybe they’re sorting things out for the big show in Rio. 

"Into The Groove" doesn't sound lip sync BUT her voice heavily auto-tuned over a backing track (kinda like "Revolver" on the "MDNA Tour", for instance).

Which is new for this song in this tour, yes.

Maybe she's trying new things or just saving her voice for the last month of the tour.

EDIT:

Actually, checking the previous concert videos I think she was already playing the voice effect on that one in Houston:

It just happened to be more over the top in Atlanta.

They're all fan videos with different audio qualities so it's hard to tell anyway.

33 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Into The Groove" doesn't sound lip sync BUT her voice heavily auto-tuned over a backing track (kinda like "Revolver" on the "MDNA Tour", for instance).

Maybe she's trying new things or just saving her voice for the last month of the tour.

EDIT:

Actually, checking the previous concert videos I think she was already playing the voice effect on that one in Houston:

They're all fan videos with different audio qualities so it's hard to tell anyway.

Yes, I hear the pronounced on purpose auto tune/ pitch correction vs actual a playback of re-recording of her vocals. I didn't hear that at the  shows i attended. If her voice was feeling rough in Atlanta she probably was like, "let's throw some auto tune on that".  

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

EDIT:

Definitely can't hear it here.. 

Nothing like that autotuned performance in Atlanta . I agree with you on the Atlanta one, don't think it's playback, i think her vocals are autotuned, like DAD...

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

From PopJustice forums:

I'm trying to do the math here, wasn't she dating Tupac at that time? 🤔

On 3/31/2024 at 1:29 PM, stfan97 said:

She was tired and her voice was hoarse during night 1, but she wasn't in a bad mood at all.  She was still funny and playful.  She was clearly annoyed that the Burning Up moment didn't go as planned, but it was more of a perfectionist, "stop, we're not going to just play through the song when my mic's not on at all" kind of thing rather than actually being fed up.

I've been to shows before where Madonna was in a bad mood and this was not it lol.  There's a level of humility and gratitude that she's still around to do this that is evident that wasn't always present on past tours.

my friend that went said the same thing :(, I hope she's fine I'm going till April 14 show I'm pretty sure she was probably she was jet lagged that first day in Houston. She sounded amazing the second date.

Edited by lukascrux (see edit history)