The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Most of the hate toward Madonna comes from social media these days. The media just respond to what the public are saying. For example, the thing about the wheelchair only made the news after it became widespread.

When the tour was announced most media was overwhelmingly positive. When the tour launched, same thing. When the Grammys incident happened most media opened the conversation about ageism rather than agreeing with haters.

Of course the trash media bait both haters and fans but social media is where most of it starts and ends.

9 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Really 😮😮😮 ??? I second this. Is there any video of that ???

I've watched almost all of the speeches. She has never said anything like that. What I take from all of them is that she's more appreciative and grateful for every happy moment she gets (this tour included), because now, more than ever, she realizes the fragility of life and that nothing is ever guaranteed. I feel it's like she's thinking/feeling 'Live each moment as if it's your last', but she has never mentioned anything about retirement, on the contrary, she has said multiple times that she's gonna keep going.

2 minutes ago, Salida said:

I've watched almost all of the speeches. She has never said anything like that. What I take from all of them is that she's more appreciative and grateful for every happy moment she gets (this tour included), because now, more than ever, she realizes the fragility of life and that nothing is ever guaranteed. I feel it's like she's thinking/feeling 'Live each moment as if it's your last', but she has never mentioned anything about retirement, on the contrary, she has said multiple times that she's gonna keep going.

I heard this rumour on Facebook. It says it was during the first Mexico concert but honestly, I can't believe that 

5 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I heard this rumour on Facebook. It says it was during the first Mexico concert but honestly, I can't believe that 

She speaks often about death recently. Which is normal and expected. So if she said something like that it probably was in the sense of 'if something happens to me and it turns out this was my last tour'. I honestly think that she can't retire. It would kill her.

I found this in another forum, written by a person, who went to the show: 

Sorry, don’t mean to sound the alarm. I don’t remember exactly what she said, but it was something along the lines of “I’m very aware that this could be my last show.” For me it was more about her acknowledging the frightening episode she had recently as well as just how fragile life is.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic