The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

14 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I was looking at the dancers the entire time. The ring of fire and the backdrop as one combination is all just perfect to me. To me, it’s vastly superior to just a video of her playing at the start of Reinvention.

Yeah I realized it later that I should have seen the show at least twice. I could see people around me were looking at the dancers. 

I was just hyper excited lol. My first time seeing madonna so.. 

6 hours ago, Dick Tracy said:

The beast within was beautiful in the tour but I don't understand why she recycled the RIT video. For me, that will always be a superior performance. This one feels... reductive.

I think those Steven Klein visuals were reused because they were iconic (the mask, the burning dress etc) and marked a new chapter for her career and personally.  When I first saw  those visuals live on the slowly moving screens in 2004 I was blown away;  I was happy to see them again on gigantic screens. IMO The version this time with the dancers went on for a bit too long but I understand it was needed to not just tell her story but provide prep time for the next act.

1 hour ago, Magic Pussy said:

I think those Steven Klein visuals were reused because they were iconic (the mask, the burning dress etc) and marked a new chapter for her career and personally.  When I first saw  those visuals live on the slowly moving screens in 2004 I was blown away;  I was happy to see them again on gigantic screens. IMO The version this time with the dancers went on for a bit too long but I understand it was needed to not just tell her story but provide prep time for the next act.

I think its great to have that breather in the middle. It beats the hell out of SEX from Rebel Heart.

14 hours ago, Donna said:

I'm betting so!  She's probably documented this whole tour.  I thought in the original Press Statement or someone in her camp made a comment about she was going to document the tour.  Maybe explain why the venues in LA seen filming going on. 

Yeah I remember too when the biopic got binned that there was a newspaper article saying she is going to use the tour to make her own version of her life story instead and was going to be a massive film project in itself  - so would not surprise me at all there will be documentary of this tour or in some way used to make a film about her life using performances from this tour plus her talking about it and behind the scenes footage from the tour - another way to tell her story without making a biopic with actors etc and would probably be better anyway.  Would love if we get another documentary that has a more biopic type look at her life with songs from the show and really hope we get the full show released from Mexico/LA directed and edited by Jonas too - am sure the footage from LA and Mexico will be fantastic 

10 hours ago, Dick Tracy said:

The beast within was beautiful in the tour but I don't understand why she recycled the RIT video. For me, that will always be a superior performance. This one feels... reductive.

I thought that at first too.. but it's literally one of the best photoshoots/ videos ever made. Who could blame a girl for using it twice. It's probably the only other time she will do it. I doubt she will wear it out like her new corsets...

17 hours ago, cyberrage said:

I think its a sad choice of perspective. Downright depressing speeches. Hope Rio makes her happy and is more a celebration.

If Fans cant see why the biopic was shelved its pretty obvious, she needs to write a book for her own experience and let a trusted producer tell the story of Madonna the global superstar.

On 4/28/2024 at 5:11 AM, Prayer said:

If anything, the 00s act doesn't represent a past point in her life. Motherhood is her present and if she can fulfil that role for as long as she can, she doesn't have to accomplish anything else in her life. And to think this is her show, her narrative, and she's just survived a huge health scare, she must be hurt being reminded of this every night for the last few months. Be right back, I'm crying.

What do you think?

Yes. I agree with this interpretation. But I wouldn't say she "doesn't have a future" or "nothing left to do but die".... it's just after someone becomes spiritually awakened you do realize that nothing really matters and you confront death. You then will not view death as a negative but will see how fragile life truly is and your entire existence will be a celebration of life. The ones you love will be the most important thing to you, YES even more important than being the biggest pop star in the world. (Which I have no doubt she's mentally moved on from, because it doesn't really matter) 

On 4/28/2024 at 6:02 AM, Anapausis said:

Let me quote the words from the backdrop at the end of Like a Prayer performance for S&ST:

Jesus said: we all came from the Light, and to the Light we shall return.

And the first verse of Like a Prayer itself:

Life is a mystery, everyone must stand alone, I hear you call my name, and it feels like home.

I didn't quote your entire message but I agree with everything you said. 

To the person insinuating "this is why she shouldn't tell her own story", because she talks about death and the such... 

All you really did was expose the majority of "the audience" for not having an open mind to a different story. Not that she lacks the ability to tell a good story. Her OWN story. For lack of a better term, the typical audience as being basic and needing their stories to have perceived happy endings and heroes and perpetuating the false narrative of a superstar. What would the story of Madonna be if it only focused on accomplishments? Only on the happy times. Only had a typical struggle of the real world, not of the spiritual struggle of a soul. It would be vapid and a throwaway and dishonest. It might have box office success but it would be trash. Just a polished version of that horrible lifetime movie they already made about her in the 90s. (Im sure a lot of fans only like her because she was/is the best of the best, but she's more than a popstar.)

Death is all around ALL of us!!! If it hasn't hit close to you, dont worry, it soon will. And then it will be your time. Death is a part of life. And to deny it,  pretend it doesn't exist, or be afraid of it you will live a life that is unfulfilled. 

Sorry I just had my morning coffee :Madonna055:

If anyone had doubts about which country was the most intense when it came to cheering and celebrating Queen Madonna, I think they will find the right answer when they see the Brazilians in action.

I'm not from Brazil, although my nation shares boundaries with this beautiful country,  but I have to humbly acknowledge that they take the award for the most expressive audience in the world. Madonna could not have chosen a better country to close with a flourish this beautiful tour that is finally coming to an end. Even in that detail she always does it better.

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Imagine her next album is death themed? Oh, how horrid. But I love dark imagery and sounds, so it would be intriguing.

I feel like it will be a mix of both, both dark and light. Just like the theme of the celebration tour

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Yes. I agree with this interpretation. But I wouldn't say she "doesn't have a future" or "nothing left to do but die".... it's just after someone becomes spiritually awakened you do realize that nothing really matters and you confront death. You then will not view death as a negative but will see how fragile life truly is and your entire existence will be a celebration of life. The ones you love will be the most important thing to you, YES even more important than being the biggest pop star in the world. (Which I have no doubt she's mentally moved on from, because it doesn't really matter) 

I didn't quote your entire message but I agree with everything you said. 

To the person insinuating "this is why she shouldn't tell her own story", because she talks about death and the such... 

All you really did was expose the majority of "the audience" for not having an open mind to a different story. Not that she lacks the ability to tell a good story. Her OWN story. For lack of a better term, the typical audience as being basic and needing their stories to have perceived happy endings and heroes and perpetuating the false narrative of a superstar. What would the story of Madonna be if it only focused on accomplishments? Only on the happy times. Only had a typical struggle of the real world, not of the spiritual struggle of a soul. It would be vapid and a throwaway and dishonest. It might have box office success but it would be trash. Just a polished version of that horrible lifetime movie they already made about her in the 90s. (Im sure a lot of fans only like her because she was/is the best of the best, but she's more than a popstar.)

Death is all around ALL of us!!! If it hasn't hit close to you, dont worry, it soon will. And then it will be your time. Death is a part of life. And to deny it,  pretend it doesn't exist, or be afraid of it you will live a life that is unfulfilled. 

Sorry I just had my morning coffee :Madonna055:

That is a lot. Maybe its nothing to do with death and its just the risk of rewriting history to suit a new perspective, l love her to death but she is prone to narcissism and revisionism like any star. I think writing the bio opened up a lot of stuff she had not processed in the throws of being a creamy smooth pop icon god.

Dark M is my favourite, bring it on but just don't give me any secret project type nonsense

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

Am I the only one that prefers just the “dark”?

I love the idea!  I also want that!

I have always said that I love the songs with dark themes that Madonna has had in her catalog and that in my opinion there are very few and an album completely oriented around this theme would be a delight for me. Paradise (not for me), Nothing Really Matters, Bedtime Stories, Dark Ballet or that song called Indian Summer that she did for a commercial in Japan are perfect examples of this theme and that I would like to see on her new album. And all this accompanied by music videos full of symbolism, fantasy and mystery. Yes. I definitely love the idea!!

Unfortunately we will never know how much the Argentinians love Madonna, bummer!!! having an eternal recession, 91% yearly inflation and a government that won’t invest in a world class spectacle or maybe a bank oh no, these also stole from their customers… 

Poor country so far from the USA and disliked by all her neighbors and all Latinamerica has no luck whatsoever… 

I truly pray for a second round where Madonna might be near the neighborhood for more Argentineans to travel to the next country and show the world their love for the Queen of Brazil, the world and all the universe 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Enrico unfeatured this topic