The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

I saw the wheelchair incident today in UK media. She's getting slated as usual, even though she apologised, but they choose to ignore it because in their eyes she's a horrible person. And once again people don't understand her humour or how playful she gets with fans. The "fan" who originally posted it to go viral must be so proud of themselves

1 hour ago, stefo said:

In Italy there's a lot of press about her asking a guy why is he sitting before getting that he was on wheel chair ... stupid comments and all the stuff. So boring. Of course as soon as she noticed the thing she begged pardon and I'm sure that the person hardly felt discriminated by a simple misunderstanding. I mean, she just wanted to joke with her audience.

Wasn't it a genuine mistake, where she just didn't realize he was in a wheel chair?  As you stated, she realized her mistake right away and apologized. I don't see the point in why some are criticizing her over it? It's not like she purposely was being insensitive.  We've all had moments when we insert our foot in our mouths, when not realizing a situation right away.  It's part of being human. I can't believe some are even making an issue of this.

1 hour ago, stefo said:

409026379_703690418582605_64580753238622

My god she looks so beautiful in this picture.:luv:  While I love the latest corsets/skirts, this is still my favorite!

18 minutes ago, PHIL said:

just saw it, well.... no worries you do the wrong joke cause you don't know better,... BUT - she should have apologized kinder. it sounded slightly weird. 

No actually its best to move on quick, you dont want to add pity to the the person ,making a big deal out of it. Move on quick they are the same as everyone else. Move on. 

Ugh I saw that stupid wheelchair thing on twitter a couple days ago. It was posted by some obsessive gaga fan account who usually trashes taylor swift. Not sure if it’s the same person who posted it on tiktok.

I saw stereogum posted the tweet on insta. Of course that has exponentially more engagement than any of their other recent stories and the comments are a non stop hate fest. I replied to a couple and got some likes in support but I also got a bunch of responses telling me how I’m wrong and she’s like the worst person in the world. 🙄 I just don’t understand the insane hate she elicits in people. It’s fucking sad.

Anyway, it absolutely needs to be pointed out that that little shit stain that posted it on X did it not bc he cared about disability rights but solely bc he wanted to make her look bad. She was getting some good press from the Kylie thing and the Brazil show announcement and he wanted to ruin it. Anyone good at doxxing? That 🚬  needs to catch some heat. 🙃

12 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Ugh I saw that stupid wheelchair thing on twitter a couple days ago. It was posted by some obsessive gaga fan account who usually trashes taylor swift. Not sure if it’s the same person who posted it on tiktok.

I saw stereogum posted the tweet on insta. Of course that has exponentially more engagement than any of their other recent stories and the comments are a non stop hate fest. I replied to a couple and got some likes in support but I also got a bunch of responses telling me how I’m wrong and she’s like the worst person in the world. 🙄 I just don’t understand the insane hate she elicits in people. It’s fucking sad.

Anyway, it absolutely needs to be pointed out that that little shit stain that posted it on X did it not bc he cared about disability rights but solely bc he wanted to make her look bad. She was getting some good press from the Kylie thing and the Brazil show announcement and he wanted to ruin it. Anyone good at doxxing? That 🚬  needs to catch some heat. 🙃

Sadly some of the press is picking up on this. I can't believe how desperate some will go to try to turn this into something more than it was.  Madonna did nothing wrong here.  She simply had no idea the guy was in a wheel chair, and the moment she realized that was the case, she apologized.  Some people act like Madonna should take out an ad out in the papers to write every stupid wrong she may have sone. And again, I don't see she did anything wrong, nor was insensitive.  I bet that guy in the wheel chair laughed it off!  I'm sure he knows Madonna is known to scold her audience for sitting. Obviously, she isn't heartless enough to shame anyone for sitting if she knew they were disabled.  It's just one of those moments that happen to the best of us... we insert foot in mouth,  but there is no need to make a international scandal of it!  Some people are so desperate to portray Madonna as some monster!

6 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I love Julia but this girl seems to have the same taste in clothes 

Alexa was a lot of fun! We sat directly behind her last night and she sang and danced along and two friends. I was hoping to see some of the moves she allegedly learned during the Madonna boot camp auction process  for the biopic. They knew even sang along to the deeper cuts - I was impressed! I love Julia Garner for the biopic but Alexa definitely puts out Madonna vibes.

I see that many are excited about the idea of Jonas Akerlund directing the filming of the Celebration Tour. Not for me. Although he started off on the right foot by making the videos for Ray of Light and Music (totally innovative for the time), then his work declined with totally forgettable videos like Ghosttown, Junp, God Control to name a few. 

Especially the Confessions Tour. It seemed like a tour processed with the Instagram filters that are currently so fashionable: everything so artificial, so synthetic, so sweetened. I did not find in this DVD all the magic and emotion that I could find in the videos recorded by the fans themselves. In conclusion, I would like the director to be someone who comes with new and fresh ideas and not someone like JOnas who seems to have become stagnant in terms of creativity.

vlcsnap-2024-03-10-18h15m32s883.png.99e388d234e45c1720b8a1b113fb27c8.png

The Music video recorded by a fan in Tokyo. It only lasts a minute but I can feel all the adrenaline and emotion in the atmosphere and also follow Madonna's choreography step by step without interruptions or unnecessary  camera movements, something that was abundant in the official version.

18 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Id rather put my trust with him for now. Time will tell. 

Exactly. The Confessions film is a lot better than the last 3. I also think he will get it done a lot quicker. Considering he would be more expensive I think it shows she means business this time.

I love the Confessions Tour video. I think it’s brilliantly done. Yes it’s edited and has some visual trickery (not as offensive as MDNA or RH) but it has a cinematic quality. It’s a true concert film.

I guess I could see how some might prefer the visual style of S+S even though it’s comparatively kinda bland to me, but then her vocals are completely overdubbed. ⚖️🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I know we hate them but doxxing Is illegal and if they discover which of you all did it they might put you in jail or out of intenet access permanently 

35 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly. The Confessions film is a lot better than the last 3. I also think he will get it done a lot quicker. Considering he would be more expensive I think it shows she means business this time.

I saw Jonas again last night at the show in LA. I’m very interested to see what he comes up with since he’s filming multiple dates , I don’t know if anyone saw him in other cities but he’s definitely working in LA.

13 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I know we hate them but doxxing Is illegal and if they discover which of you all did it they might put you in jail or out of intenet access permanently 

Yeah I know. Good reminder.

I just reply with mean things that just barely get past site standards. “You’re an embarrassment”, “your life is worthless”, “your family’s disgraced by you” etc. Honestly idc if some of them are unstable, depressed young ppl. They gotta learn harsh life lessons some time.

5 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

I just reply with mean things that just barely get past site standards. “You’re an embarrassment”, “your life is worthless”, “your family’s disgraced by you” etc. Honestly idc if some of them are unstable, depressed young ppl. They gotta learn harsh life lessons some time.

They will stew about it when they are older (or wiser - if possible). What they highlighted is the opposite of that disabled people want anyone with a braincell knows that. They will have to live with the guilt if they ever get clued up. Plus karmas a bitch sometimes so let mother earth do her work and keep turning dont bother yourself. :heart:

15 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Theyre more likely a 50 year old gay man typing from their office desk :laughing:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic