New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"

Fabiolous

• RUADJAI changed the title to New Ariana Grande Single "yes, and?" Will Heavily Sample "Vogue"
  • RUADJAI featured this topic

Where the rumour Yes, And has a Vogue interpolation? Sorry, I've had a whole day without internet (damn provider of hell - @dave2290 the provider is Italian, you must know them), I don't feel like going to ATRL to find any Ariana thread, esp with that disgusting CCP-apologist who only makes a fool of the leftists - and also arianators.

(I loved the Ariana-homewreck thread there tho. Very delightened to the details - and also ATRLers' insight bout them).

On 1/10/2024 at 10:48 AM, DickTracy said:

Someone was saying its offensive that fans manipulate, mashup, and toy with Madonna songs for kicks, I think its more offensive that these alleged geniuses/"amazing singers"/Disney & Nickelodeon kids want to sample/use Madonna stuff. I hope she gets/got a big bag from the Ariana money machine tho, get it. 

I know how much the "transrace" girl is annoying but she's a 10 Sefirot-lover as much as M. She could have gone back to her Catholic roots after Ratzinger resigned (Benedict XVI commited the crime of "denouncing" SpongeBob (!) as "cartoon right from the Devil), but she's still loyal to what she and M think it's the actual Luria's philosophy when in fact it's just try-hard talking why "God wears lipstick."

Confused? Get all the references plz.

8 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Where the rumour Yes, And has a Vogue interpolation? Sorry, I've had a whole day without internet (damn provider of hell - @dave2290 the provider is Italian, you must know them), I don't feel like going to ATRL to find any Ariana thread, esp with that disgusting CCP-apologist who only makes a fool of the leftists - and also arianators.

(I loved the Ariana-homewreck thread there tho. Very delightened to the details - and also ATRLers' insight bout them).

I just came from ATRL. Got so exhausted to all the bullshit I read (as 99% of ATRL is plain and simple bullshit) that I didn't even come to Ariana samples Vogue thread. Guess it had less replies to whatever Montero said about M and Gaga. Again, whatever.

EDIT: totally offtopic but the day THOSE PEOPLE bury Mariah × J.Lo catfight/feud/whatever they had, it'll be the mercy bullet, after Britney's new job as barbecuer and the most discussed issue having been... THAT PERSON.

To go back OT: so let's just wait for tomorrow to see if Shep gets more coins or...

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

When I listen to Ariana I understand why I am old. I just can't connect.

I don't hear Vogue at all btw

Bruh. Vogue is all over this. 
The intro stab chords are the same as the intro synth in Vogue. The verse baseline is very similar to Vogue’s. The lyrical theme of being your own best advocate is very similar to the presentational dance Vogue. The 909s, the drum fill. The teetering between different keys for different sections. 

I love it. It’s a perfect nod to one of the greatest songs ever without just ripping it off but making something new. 

It's a commercial house from the 90s, it does have a Vogue-y vibe in the second part and the structure of the song is pretty similar if not the same.

It misses the harder ballroom slam and beats, but I think this is more of a pop song than another 'Vulgar'

The beats remind me more of  MAW or Deee-lite :

I always want to be captivated by what she releases, but I find her so boring, and this one is an absolute dud. Her voice is just so uninteresting to me. It just sort of sits on top a far superior instrumental, which does indeed have a good deal of vogue’’s dna, but sounds like a Cathy Dennis reject. I know she can sing, but she has no soul to my ear. 

52 minutes ago, Alibaba said:

I always want to be captivated by what she releases, but I find her so boring, and this one is an absolute dud. Her voice is just so uninteresting to me. It just sort of sits on top a far superior instrumental, which does indeed have a good deal of vogue’’s dna, but sounds like a Cathy Dennis reject. I know she can sing, but she has no soul to my ear. 

This. The eternal Victorious/Sam & Cat star is at best a sweetener, as she titled her album. In other words, a "safe replacement." Even when doing bad things like stealing husbands from mothers to babies or being accused by stupid former boyfriends of craving a fame to terrorist attacks. She is, to quote a thing belonged to her new universe (although she's another one of the "proud vegans"): SCHMALTZ. Too kosher even to the rabbis and even to the former Salomon Temple kohanim.

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic