Madonna hated director Matthew Rolston with a passion

I know M can be a bitch when she has too and has a sense of humor that could rub people the wrong way….   But making someone cry on the set?   Never really at all thought of her as the mean girl type

At any rate beautiful video in terms of scenery and Madonnas looks. The power of goodbye that is 

What I don’t understand is, if she had such a bad experience with Matthew in the past, multiple times mind you, then why did she work with him for POG?

She was at the top of her game during that era, working with fresh and innovative directors, but why him? If she didn’t want a video that looked like a L’Oréal commercial, then why work with a director who specializes in that lol

What was it that inspired her to hire him. Janet’s Everytime video? That one ALSO looks like a beauty product commercial lol

At the end of the day, drama aside, POG is one of her most gorgeous videos. A top 20 M video.

Well, she had a fallout with Avvidiva years later when she did not pay him for the Confessions tour backdrop. She had a fallout with David Lachappelle because they could not agree on the treatment for the Hung Up video (he wanted her to wear a disguise and pop up in front of random people in the streets of London) he said he had a nervous breakdown becaue she was mean (actually she was quite awful after the horse accident apparently and she knew it but she later blamed it on the meds). The story for Rolston is that she wanted to direct the video. I wonder if like Take a Bow and Nothing Really Matters, the real idea behind TPG was to make a demo for a movie role she wanted to bag. That's around the time Music Of The Heart (she had a fallout with Wes Craven before filming and production with her was pretty much advanced) and Chicago were old news. 

On 4/4/2024 at 11:02 AM, Pootz333 said:

" I hate it! I'm too beautiful! Looks like a L’Oréal commercial!"

"I have a genius idea. Let's make Love Profusion an Estee Lauder ad!"

Wendy Williams Meme GIF

Yeah that Live Profusion video was a cash grab for her perfume sponsorship thing. It has Careese Henry written all over that deal.