Madonna return to the 80 AI Album

I opened a poll on Instagram and I must say that there were very conflicting opinions.

I'd like to make an album or an EP with some recent Madonna songs, From Music to Madame x for example, with 80s style instrumentals and Madonna's 80s voice recreated with AI. What do you think about it? Why is AI so controversial?

Here is an example of a Sorry demo voice from the 80s version with the poll.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C72NBX5KB8s/?igsh=MXNveXNmdjJxdzE5ZQ==

I’m think that’s a very interesting way to update newer M songs. And as long as AI is used for effect and not profit, I don’t see anything wrong with it, and it’s another new tool to create music and other forms of art. 
the only controversial aspect I see is when it’s being passed for a legit product from artists that have no idea that their voice/image are being used and have no say or make no profit in how it’s presented to the public. 

I say go for it, I’ve always loved your mixes, so I’ll definitely be listening. 

28 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

To me you're the best to make a.i Madonna. So yes i'm all for it ! Even on that Sorry clip you're the only one get something really close to her 80's voice.

I agree. I always listen some AI songs on youtube and only @Skin Brunoand another channel come very close to Madonna's voice.

My request is Heartbeat (Hard Candy)

and if you decide to make songs from other singers:

Baby Love by Regina Richards would be amazing.

She sings exactly like Madonna and worked with her as backing vocal singer in the begginging of Madonna's career. Her first album reminds Madonna's voice. 

I think the difference between AI vs remixes lies in the creative process. With remixes, you're adding your creativity to another artist's work, making it feel like a collaboration.

In contrast, when using AI, you bypass the original artist's contribution and create something based on your own ideas, inspired by the artist's concept but without their direct involvement. Even if you're using something that sounds like 80s Madonna, it isn't truly 80s Madonna.

That's what might make some people don't feel too involved with it.

There's not right or wrong.

For me, it's about recreating one's voice. It just is very weird and creepy.  I've yet to hear a really good AI Madonna song.  Some have been able to come close to her voice, but there is still something off and weird about it.  Also, I want the real thing.  Even while it's a little fun to hear a similar voice like hers to sing others songs, etc, it's just not the same.  At the same time, it's a little scary how close we're getting duplicate one's voice in this manner.  At the end of the day, I prefer to hear the REAL THING.  It's controversial because in many cases, it's using someone's voice, usually without their knowledge or expression. It's also how some are starting to profit off some people's voices.  It's not right!

I'm into the hardcore fans who have been remixing her work for years playing with AI. 

I've always wanted to hear her (and Whitney) doing the vocals for Kleerup (self titled, especially "3AM", "Until We Bleed", Forever), Grum "Turn It Up" using her 80's vocals, "Insomnia" by Faithless using her speaking voice. The entire Lil' Kim songbook....I would jump out a window. 

black wendy williams GIF

Get to work, please❤️🙏

19 hours ago, Skin Bruno said:

Why is AI so controversial?

HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously? Haven't you read the news for the past 10 years?

Because it's not ethical. Because you're not respecting the artist. Because you're using someone else's work without their consent. Because because because, there are tons of reasons.

The tech might be amazing, the intentions are weird and the result is misleading.

11 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

HAHAHAHAHA. Seriously? Haven't you read the news for the past 10 years?

Because it's not ethical. Because you're not respecting the artist. Because you're using someone else's work without their consent. Because because because, there are tons of reasons.

The tech might be amazing, the intentions are weird and the result is misleading.

We often use an artist's work without their permission. We use official acapellas, we use stems (some times made with AI) and we download demos that are leked by someone. This is also unethical. I believe that if someone declares that the work is done with AI and there is no profit behind it it becomes like any other unheathery thing we've been doing for years already. Then you may like it or you may not like it but if we have to respect an artist we shouldn't do many other things.

1 hour ago, Skin Bruno said:

We often use an artist's work without their permission. We use official acapellas, we use stems (some times made with AI) and we download demos that are leked by someone. This is also unethical. I believe that if someone declares that the work is done with AI and there is no profit behind it it becomes like any other unheathery thing we've been doing for years already. Then you may like it or you may not like it but if we have to respect an artist we shouldn't do many other things.

I never said it wasn't fun or that everything coming out of AI was bad.

Not everything is about the money YOU make. It's about acting responsible and not giving into what big tech wants you to believe. What they want you do is to overflow the web with more content, no matter the quality, no matter the impact. They just want more. It's about the profit they make from your free work and the artists who didn't consent for their voice or likeness to be used without their approval.

It's a grey area, pretending otherwise is either dumb or hypocritical.

4 Minutes without Justin and Timbaland would be interesting--especially to hear Madonna sing the full song including the Timbaland "freaky freaky" adlibs and full chorus in solo. But also Dance 2night without Justin!

Would also be interesting to have both Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories/Confessions) be mashed-up together with an 80s vibe ...

(Stock Aitken Waterman/Pete Hammond/Ultravox!/Lewis Martineé and Exposé/PSB sounds)

9 minutes ago, Rory said:

Would also be interesting to have both Forbidden Love (Bedtime Stories/Confessions) be mashed-up together

Years ago I made a bad remix of Forbidden love (confessions) where I included parts of Forbidden love (bed time). Lately I wanted to do a mashup and I started working on it. It's not easy because the songs have different keys so one of the two must be either raised or lowered in pitch or else Come up with another alternative.

22 minutes ago, Skin Bruno said:

Years ago I made a bad remix of Forbidden love (confessions) where I included parts of Forbidden love (bed time). Lately I wanted to do a mashup and I started working on it. It's not easy because the songs have different keys so one of the two must be either raised or lowered in pitch or else Come up with another alternative.

Sounds like a challenge! Maybe the remix could be structured like how Like A Prayer goes in and out of beat during the verses, slow-to-fast or layer the lyrics/vocals from both songs in contrast over each other. Just thinking out loud ... I feel like FL/Bedtime has a lot of potential with the breezy spoken vocals. Best to try not to change the vocal pitch/key if possible--but maybe this is where the AI could be magic.

I think you should flip the idea to create up to date versions of 80s songs sound like they have recent vocals. 

there was a rumour that she re-recorded lucky star in 1990 for TIC but then discarded that vocal. It’s amazing what possibilities there are with AI. We are sure to be flooded with fakes everywhere

7 hours ago, Skin Bruno said:

As you're talking about different keys, do you think it's possible to make a full version of Frozen adding the missing verse from the demo assembly version? Her voice is almost the same used in the final version. 

11 minutes ago, bstranger said:

As you're talking about different keys, do you think it's possible to make a full version of Frozen adding the missing verse from the demo assembly version? Her voice is almost the same used in the final version. 

Maybe @dubtronicalready did something like that 🤔

What bothers me in this process is that finally we don’t care about the artist.
Madonna no longer needs to exist in real life with this, it’s like she was dead and we try to revive her.
Ok it’s funny to say "how it could have looked like that if she had sung that" but frankly...
This AI story is beyond my comprehension. We are even now able to convey political messages in images recreated from scratch.
We arrive at the stage where we confuse the true of the false/ the false of the true...

This goes beyond the stage of music, this tool if not mastered will become very dangerous.