Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Everybody" OUT NOW!
1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I’m actually not keen on the 7” edit. I think the most perfectly succinct version is the version on celebration. It doesn’t omit anything and nothing feels hacked and stitched together it’s literally perfect.

Yeah, same. I don't ever use Celebration as a play through, but I'll be keeping the Everybody and Lucky Star edits on my playlists as well as Into The Groove and Beautiful Stranger.

20 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

That's the problem... Celebration is a masterpiece if you compare it with the new remasters...

I was so happy with the Singles EP reissues using the original audio... 

I was too but we knew this was going to happen eventually, don't we? We just got lucky they were lazy with the original maxi singles and gave us the originals - I much prefer it that way but it's not the way everything is these days. A remaster or a boost is to be expected.

That said, I generally like the remastering on "FEL", apart from "Open Your Heart" and a couple more. All I ask for is something subtle like that, "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl" on "FEL" sound loud but they keep the essence of the originals. "Everybody (7'' Version)" sounds very different to the original.

46 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I was too but we knew this was going to happen eventually, don't we? We just got lucky they were lazy with the original maxi singles and gave us the originals - I much prefer it that way but it's not the way everything is these days. A remaster or a boost is to be expected.

A remaster or a boost is not a problem for me when is well done. The real problem is when the track is distorted like the 7'' version of Everybody, or poorly done like "Open Your Heart" on FEL. 

Everybody 7" and Everbody 7" Instrumental is not a very big celebration for a 40 year milestone.  Janet just released an expanded 2 disc edition of Velvet Rope and the album only ever had one decent song IMO.  But Janet skipping her earlier and bigger albums makes me wonder if "Madonna"  has to come first in the remasters or will we get Erotica?  

51 minutes ago, Sillynate said:

Why is there only two tracks when there’s like 15 remixes total :Madonna056: 

Emily needs to take a peek at the remixology thread when getting these digital singles together :Madonna008:

I doubt she would pay Mike Dean to spruce up every mix or remix or version. M has to make sure she has money left over for FaceTune subscription haha jk

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW