Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But I was also aware of any unofficial uploads later removed (there were not that much on iTunes, to be honest, they've always been quite strict about that). I don't recall "Love Profusion" there, official or not, at all.

Do you know any of the names of those unofficial single upload you saw?

6 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Do you know any of the names of those unofficial single upload you saw?

Mostly there were live albums, those two "Blond" and "Girlie" bootlegs that appeared there for a little while but removed in the end. The Fukuoka Girlie bootleg was quite good even if it was VHS-broadcast quality... but that show's sound... amazing, of course.

About singles, I only remember some "Rebel Heart" demos being uploaded as singles a couple of years after the album but for only 24-48 hours... I can't remember now.

Edit: I checked and it was "Two Steps Behind Me", uploaded as "Behind Me".

xFXze8c.jpg

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Nothing Fails is a bit of a sophisticated pop song.  It is definitely elevated compared to everything else that was and is out there.  Layered beautifully.  Madonna is actually a really great song writer.  I love it.  ❤️ 😍 💖 ❣️ 💕 

Except Madonna didn’t really write this song. She took a demo, and changed a word to claim a third. 

it’s an example of how Madonna as a producer can rework something and elevate it, which is a talent itself. 

6 minutes ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

Except Madonna didn’t really write this song. She took a demo, and changed a word to claim a third. 

it’s an example of how Madonna as a producer can rework something and elevate it, which is a talent itself. 

She changed more than "a word" (two or three xd) but it's true this case was a little shocking to know comparing with the original. When the album was out in 2003 it always looked like one of the most personal ones... when it wasn't the case, really.

I love that she takes things, twists them and makes her her own, but the original demo was not that different from the final one we got. And yet, Madonna's version is better anyway and feels more complete.

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

There you go:

603497827947.jpg

Upscaled from a scan, I think :Madonna003:

It’s upscaled from the 300x300 px image used on her Wiki page 💀

2 hours ago, JustinTimes said:

Why have they called Nothing Fails (Peter Rauhofer's  Classic House Mix; Long) when it's not the Long version. The 8:54 is the long version 🤷

The 8:54 one was not officially released though. I think that’s why.

1 hour ago, Candy Perfume Boy said:

I don't understand crediting.  Madonna is listed first in the writing credits.  

58 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Her co-producers tend to always say that she heavily participates.  I don't really know, obviously.  

And she does.  Order of "writers" mean nothing.  She's the star of the track. She helped pen it and produce it.  Doesn't matter if she added one word or more, the moment she makes the change, she gets credit as well.  She ain't no dummy. She knows how the business works. Get as much credit for the song as possible.  More say, more control and more money.

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I don't understand crediting.  Madonna is listed first in the writing credits.  

It’s probably part of the agreement she makes w/people when she records their songs.

Take Candy Perfume Girl- all she really did was flesh out the ad libs and make the end part fuller, but she put her name first.

With Swim, she did basically rewrite it completely but left Suzannah Melvoin off the credits entirely. But apparently that was the agreement they made.

12 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Is this a Madonna hate thread? Disgusting how fans under estimate her producing and writing talents. Disgusting 

I don't see hate - I just see it how it is. We all know Madonna is a shrewd business woman - and it all comes down to royalties and $$ with adding your name as a credit.

But we also know she can do great original songs - depends on time, what is inspiring her etc. 

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Is this a Madonna hate thread? Disgusting how fans under estimate her producing and writing talents. Disgusting 

I don't think anyone is underestimating her talent here? We're just talking about what happened with this song in particular. No one is questioning that she wrote most of her discography from scratch.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW