Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Well, in my opinion she used "Edit One" in Fever because it was more commercial in Europe than the album version. And that is the reason why it was available only in European releases. 

Not on every releases. It was not available in the UK for instance. If they wanted it they had to biuy the european mainland pressing and since the Fever video was played on MTV US i bet her north and south american fans may have wanted that mix too.

I don't understand everybody's resistance, it seems logical to me. 

Anyway it's ok now, 30 years later we finally have it for everybody to enjoy.

(still waiting for that EY video mix though ^^)

10 minutes ago, Jet said:

I’m talking about the Uk cassette single btw

The radio edit on the uk K7 single is another remix, it's an edited version of the Falcon/Murk Boys Miami mix that was only available on that support and on the UK 7" (and 7" picture disc) until it was released on Finally Enough Love. 

6 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

It is messy to promote a mix that is not commercially available. Sorry. I won't back down. There is no logic in that. 

And The Rain EP was the single they used to promote The Girlie Show in Australia & Japan.

As for Express Yourself it was not even released as a single in France, only the 12" had a pressing because they did not want to "kill" Like A Prayer (the single) so they passed on one of her signature song. 

Yes Rain was to promote the ticket sales here in Australia and Bye Bye Baby was released 4 days before the first Australian show - g'day from Australia.

In the pre digital release age, it was common for regions to have different release strategies and dates - even albums had alternative dates. From a collectors perspective, it works well as we get alternate artwork, track lists etc.

I think you're looking to create some kind of issue that just wasn't there, go ahead and think it was all a mess and ignore facts if it helps with your narrative though. 

12 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yes Rain was to promote the ticket sales here in Australia and Bye Bye Baby was released 4 days before the first Australian show - g'day from Australia.

In the pre digital release age, it was common for regions to have different release strategies and dates - even albums had alternative dates. From a collectors perspective, it works well as we get alternate artwork, track lists etc.

I think you're looking to create some kind of issue that just wasn't there, go ahead and think it was all a mess and ignore facts if it helps with your narrative though. 

I'm not looking for anything. What's wrong with you guys ? I just said that it was a shame the release of edit one of Fever was messy as well as the whole campaign surrounding the releases of Rain and Fever and some of you are acting weird. Almost taking it personally. Aggresively even.

If there's an issue it's not mine. 

33 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm not looking for anything. What's wrong with you guys ? I just said that it was a shame the release of edit one of Fever was messy as well as the whole campaign surrounding the releases of Rain and Fever and some of you are acting weird. Almost taking it personally. Aggresively even.

If there's an issue it's not mine. 

Rain was a very well executed successful release - Fever (Edit One / Edit Two) were created for the video (which was played in the clubs and MTV) and this was after the single release. The decision to film a video for Fever obviously came later - that's not messy.

If you make statements that are unfounded on the internet, you can expect to be challenged with facts etc 

26 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Rain was a very well executed successful release - Fever (Edit One / Edit Two) were created for the video (which was played in the clubs and MTV) and this was after the single release. The decision to film a video for Fever obviously came later - that's not messy.

If you make statements that are unfounded on the internet, you can expect to be challenged with facts etc 

Oh, that makes sense - so no video was obviously planned and they decided to do one later - chose a remix so it could be played at clubs - 

21 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's messy to release a video after the single was released, as a late decision, with a non commercialy available mix. 

Maybe our disagreement comes from having a different definition of what being messy is :) and it's fine, we don't need to agree and there's no need to be agressive either. 

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Oh, that makes sense - so no video was obviously planned and they decided to do one later - chose a remix so it could be played at clubs - 

I remember initially in the UK at least they were playing a compilation video for Fever whilst the actual video was being filmed. There seemed to be a lot of last minute changes during the Erotica period. The Erotica single and album both failed to hit number one in the UK at least so it did have a certain sense of panic about the next year or so

Just now, theglamorous said:

I remember initially in the UK at least they were playing a compilation video for Fever whilst the actual video was being filmed. There seemed to be a lot of last minute changes during the Erotica period. The Erotica single and album both failed to hit number one in the UK at least so it did have a certain sense of panic about the next year or so

Interesting! I guess we could all debate infinitely on whether they fucked up, whether they didn't, it's all moot- let's all just celebrate the re-release onto streaming platforms (although I am DISAPPOINTED we didn't get Peggy's and the other unreleased mixes of Fever).

I'm still chanting in my prayer circle for an actual Erotica album re issue! I've got the coin ready - my knees are red raw - 

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

Interesting! I guess we could all debate infinitely on whether they fucked up, whether they didn't, it's all moot- let's all just celebrate the re-release onto streaming platforms (although I am DISAPPOINTED we didn't get Peggy's and the other unreleased mixes of Fever).

I'm still chanting in my prayer circle for an actual Erotica album re issue! I've got the coin ready - my knees are red raw - 

The first editions of the Erotica album came with a sticker on the front promoting the singles Erotica and the new single Bad Girl. Even from day one they were moving the single release schedules about, I think Deeper and Deeper was definitely moved up the schedule to regain some ground with it being more radio friendly.

10 hours ago, Roy said:

I recorded a lot of songs on the radio onto tape when I was a kid. If I'm not mistaken, I got to record Crazy For You on tape, which is commonly the Immaculate Collection mix being played here.

Just dont get the difference bet original and im version of cfy... Cant dissern

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW