MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

A Like A Virgin and Erotica double header would be low key Iconic

The Virgin & The Whore.

Release one of those old school full page ads Warner used to be as a throwback move. 

The Virgin and The Whore sound like great extra tracks for a Like a Virgin remaster :lord:

I hope she recorded a song called Dungeon Candles, could be a nice x-tra for Erotica (also: Erratic) :drama:

I think we will get a celebration of Everybody in October and then I think Ray of Light (being her most critically acclaimed record) may kick off the album reissues in March with possibly Erotica….and then the debut in July 2023. And who knows, maybe a limited Stadium tour to celebrate the 40th anniversary. 

15 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I honestly don't think Erotica is happening for October as we would have had an announcement by now. My guess is December release of Everybody 12."

Time is ticking alright. I have a feeling we'll have news over the next week once everyone's back to school/work, maybe on the back of MTV awards time (assuming she attends). Perhaps they'll jump straight in with LAV in November instead as it would be more hits-heavy for the GP.

I think we'll get an Everybody 12" for Black Friday, doubt it will get a wider release than that.

29 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I honestly don't think Erotica is happening for October as we would have had an announcement by now. My guess is December release of Everybody 12."

Why would we have heard about it by now? As far as we know it could be pressed as we speak. 
Summer is not a great time for a marketing point of view to put out new products, which is mainly why FEL was announced in May. And if there’s a new release planned for late fall she wouldn’t tease it now since she has new projects out. 
Remember that once the Frozen remixes started to roll out she completely stopped mentioning the remix album to the point where we thought it’s cancelled

I don't know... I feel like they're going to start with Everybody and the first album anniversary. Going in chronological order at least for the beginning.

I don't know if there is much unreleased for the first album though. Not even many remixes, but some good alternate versions. Imagine a box dedicated to the "early era" with Madonna + Like a virgin + Vision quest + some preMadonna material. We have at least Warning Signs, Desperately seeking Susan and maybe also Bray's Work your fingers to the bone (and Pipeline) as it might still relate to the Jellybean era as @Roland Barthes has noticed. Or the 5 songs from Street Smart movie project.

There's no way they start with a "difficult" record as Erotica. Anyway, I hope it's not Erotica or Ray of light or Music because we have a great amount of demos already. In that sense it would be great to get Bedtime Stories not later than 2024 with many unreleased songs and the Shep Pettibone original demos.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I don't know... I feel like they're going to start with Everybody and the first album anniversary. Going in chronological order at least for the beginning.

I don't know if there is much unreleased for the first album though. Not even many remixes, but some good alternate versions. Imagine a box dedicated to the "early era" with Madonna + Like a virgin + Vision quest + some preMadonna material. We have at least Warning Signs, Desperately seeking Susan and maybe also Bray's Work your fingers to the bone (and Pipeline) as it might still relate to the Jellybean era as @Roland Barthes has noticed. Or the 5 songs from Street Smart movie project.

There's no way they start with a "difficult" record as Erotica. Anyway, I hope it's not Erotica or Ray of light or Music because we have a great amount of demos already. In that sense it would be great to get Bedtime Stories not later than 2024 with many unreleased songs and the Shep Pettibone original demos.

That’s what I was hoping for - an era collection before the amazing true blue and wtg era - I think there will be something to celebrate everybody in October and then a big release Xmas time 😍

23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s what I was hoping for - an era collection before the amazing true blue and wtg era - I think there will be something to celebrate everybody in October and then a big release Xmas time 😍

You should check my American Life - Hello suckers - Besson musical - Confessions era fantasy trip in the Stuart Price thread  :laughing:

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Another option is that the announcement and preorders happens on Erotica's birthday for release later... for example.. Kylie's Fever 20th anniversary was on Oct 1st 2021 and that day was the announcement and preorder of formats but not the general sale.. so maybe on Erotica's birthday we get the announcement and the start of celebrations but general sale later.

Evita? Just what no one asked for. 

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

i don't think there will be reissue of the singles

even Everybody

I mean we've literally just had Causing A Commotion and Who's That Girl Maxi 12" so I don't think it's out of the question.

It's entirely possible that the Everybody re-release might not even be weighted towards the Debut re-issue. Just look at what has been done with FEL. We might even have to prepare for a You Can Dance Promo Edits style release seeing as three of them are on FEL and I don't think the promo will totally wind up in five weeks time. 

A Side

EVERYBODY / PHYSICAL ATTRACTION

B Side
HOLIDAY / INTO THE GROOVE

All of these songs are on FEL

Who knows. I'd like to think it won't just be the original vinyl re-released because we have that. 

13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Evita? Just what no one asked for. 

I mean we've literally just had Causing A Commotion and Who's That Girl Maxi 12" so I don't think it's out of the question.

It's entirely possible that the Everybody re-release might not even be weighted towards the Debut re-issue. Just look at what has been done with FEL. We might even have to prepare for a You Can Dance Promo Edits style release seeing as three of them are on FEL and I don't think the promo will totally wind up in five weeks time. 

A Side

EVERYBODY / PHYSICAL ATTRACTION

B Side
HOLIDAY / INTO THE GROOVE

All of these songs are on FEL

Who knows. I'd like to think it won't just be the original vinyl re-released because we have that. 

for RSD yes its possible

i mean something bigger not some collectors stuff