Madonna IG live Jan 25th

Blue Jean

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still hoping this is an autobiography first. And then a series or 3 hour film if she is set on a movie.

As an undercover Lamb, I want her to go the MC30 route. Make the book an era with all the remixes, interviews etc. Then the screen adaptation.

It would make a shit ton of money. And the stans would get all those little details we obsess over that the general public doesn't care about and would never make it into a film or series.

An M autobiography just seems like a such a major moment being skipped over here for me.

56 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Still hoping this is an autobiography first. And then a series or 3 hour film if she is set on a movie.

As an undercover Lamb, I want her to go the MC30 route. Make the book an era with all the remixes, interviews etc. Then the screen adaptation.

It would make a shit ton of money. And the stans would get all those little details we obsess over that the general public doesn't care about and would never make it into a film or series.

An M autobiography just seems like a such a major moment being skipped over here for me.

I agree. But I guess why she wants to do a movie or a visual autobiography is because the visual aspect of her work is so important. Much more important than with Mariah Carey who basically wears variations of the same look and doesn’t change her hair style too much. 
But you could get around that by including maybe a second volume of just pictures. 

8 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

I doubt it will be on Neftlix, Madame X Tour had that chance and they didn't use Neftlix

Did they not use them or Netflix wasn’t interested in Madame X, a show that focused on a lesser known album with not many hits. They would be more interested in a film telling her life story. 

32 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

didn't diablo want to make a series instead of a movie? all previous press releases and info we have so far indicate it's a film, why are they going in the other direction now?

Probably because they want to cover her whole life and career. They could do a film but for it to work I think they would have to cut down the time period they cover like just the 80s, or they would be rushing through too many things.  And Madonna doesn’t want people to think her career ended in the 80’s. 

Just my opinion, but this story needs to focus on the early years up to the birth of Lourdes. I don't think a whole life/career retrospect would be interesting considering she is still alive. This needs to focus on dance and early relationships/80's Pop Art/HIV-AIDS/identity and the loss of her mother and friends/music stardom and early fame. There is so much story telling to cover. A series might seem interesting in that regard, but it might alter the artistry of a film--that can be featured at festivals and played in special venues. A Netflix series could seem underwhelming. The rest of the story and details needs to be released as a book. 

By the time this project is completed we will all be going to the movies again and out dancing afterwards! 

Honestly this was boring as fook - so many questions she could have been asked and they both seemed bored to me - wasted opportunity if you ask me - she could have been reviewing demos or artwork for the re-issues instead

this biopic is just taking far too long for my liking and sadly unless it has a great cast, script and promotion it could end up being a complete waste of time :(

I thought it was David who was filming lol

Anyway her reaction to the suggestion of 'Like a Prayer' ha - seemed like she is over it. She also didn't like WIFLFAG or NNM when she suggested that they try the 'I went and saw' and when she went 'I went and saw WIFLFAG or NNM' - she wasn't a fan. She did like Blond(e) Ambition ha!

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I thought it was David who was filming lol

Anyway her reaction to the suggestion of 'Like a Prayer' ha - seemed like she is over it. She also didn't like WIFLFAG or NNM when she suggested that they try the 'I went and saw' and when she went 'I went and saw WIFLFAG or NNM' - she wasn't a fan. She did like Blond(e) Ambition ha!

she like WIFLFAG and NNM as titles...

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Just my opinion, but this story needs to focus on the early years up to the birth of Lourdes. I don't think a whole life/career retrospect would be interesting considering she is still alive. This needs to focus on dance and early relationships/80's Pop Art/HIV-AIDS/identity and the lost of her mother and friends/music stardom and early fame. There is so much story telling to cover. A series might seem interesting in that regard, but it might alter the artistry of a film--that can be featured at festivals and played in special venues. A Netflix series could seem underwhelming. The rest of the story and details needs to be released as a book. 

By the time this project is completed we will all be going to the movies again and out dancing afterwards! 

Good points, but the early years to Lourdes’ birth is still a lot to fit into a two hour movie. 
Do you think we will ever be able to go to the movies and go out dancing again without worrying about Covid? I’m starting to give up hope. 

1 hour ago, Glindathegood said:

Good points, but the early years to Lourdes’ birth is still a lot to fit into a two hour movie. 
Do you think we will ever be able to go to the movies and go out dancing again without worrying about Covid? I’m starting to give up hope. 

Don't give up hope! Never surrender! Tea dances, movie dates, garden parties, shopping for antiques and new vinyl #soon!

:party:

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

didn't diablo want to make a series instead of a movie? all previous press releases and info we have so far indicate it's a film, why are they going in the other direction now?

No one’s going in a different direction. It was open discussion with the fans. She just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts n opinions 

We need a title that stands out. Something that people will see the poster or title on a sign and automatically know it's a Madonna biopic. What It Feels Like For A Girl and Nobody Knows Me will not draw any interest. 

It only makes sense naming it after big hits such as Material Girl, LAV, Live To Tell, Who's That Girl, LAP, Vogue, Ray of Light, and of course Blond Ambition.