The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I love what Stuart Price did with her vocals for RIT and Confessions she sounded bloody brilliant and don't care at all how much help she had with backing tracks and pitch correction etc. I don't like on the RH and MDX tour you can hear the backing track layer and her singing along in parts with the mix between the two going up and down and it's so noticeable and just sounds like the two layers of vocals are fighting each other 

9 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I love what Stuart Price did with her vocals for RIT and Confessions she sounded bloody brilliant and don't care at all how much help she had with backing tracks and pitch correction etc. I don't like on the RH and MDX tour you can hear the backing track layer and her singing along in parts with the mix between the two going up and down and it's so noticeable and just sounds like the two layers of vocals are fighting each other 

Agree. Stuart did amazing things with her vocals on confessions. My favorite was what her and Stuart did with the lucky star vocals. Pure genius.

1 hour ago, Honey Little said:

Why? It makes since because the show is about her life in New York and gives since of time and place.

I could see her opening with In This Life about her friends dying of AIDS in New York. 

:ahh:

It's a Greatest Hits Tour. Celebrational!  She is hardly going to open up with such a depressing song.  No one but the hardcore fans even know this song exists.

43 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

I'm not watching this. That she can't dance well anymore and that her classics are always ruined by bad musicians and that the footage is always hacked to pieces (shots changing so fast that you can barely follow what is going on) is bad enough, but she also looks terrible after the plastic surgery. Noticed it in Madame X, and it's worse now. She would have looked okay if she had just let herself age normally. Not like the showgirl she sold herself as when she was still young, but okay. 

Well, that depends on each person. While some accept with resignation the effects of the passage of time and see with resignation or indifference how their skin loses its firmness in front of the mirror, for others, like me, the effects of the passage of time represent a true nightmare. Even more so in the case of those artists whose image has been decisive in the success of their careers.

That is why it is normal for me that Madonna has decided to fight against these effects using all the available weapons that we have today. And do not doubt that she will continue to do so even when she is 80 years old and I hope that by then technology in the field of beauty has already advanced remarkably because in this way people like me who reject this stage of life will also be able to resort to them and delay as much as possible its terrible effects that at 38 years old already generate fear and uncertainty in me.

44 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Well, that depends on each person. While some accept with resignation the effects of the passage of time and see with resignation or indifference how their skin loses its firmness in front of the mirror, for others, like me, the effects of the passage of time represent a true nightmare. Even more so in the case of those artists whose image has been decisive in the success of their careers.

That is why it is normal for me that Madonna has decided to fight against these effects using all the available weapons that we have today. And do not doubt that she will continue to do so even when she is 80 years old and I hope that by then technology in the field of beauty has already advanced remarkably because in this way people like me who reject this stage of life will also be able to resort to them and delay as much as possible its terrible effects that at 38 years old already generate fear and uncertainty in me.

It's not normal, and those who say it is are ageists. I hope I'm not that shallow when I'm old. At least I don't dye my greying hair like weird-looking Tom Cruise. He liked having beards when he was young, but can't anymore because of his insecurity.

1 hour ago, MDNA22 said:

Which is another reason why I'm glad her recent musical director is being replaced by Stuart. 

3 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

I thought the Musical direction on Sticky & Sweet was really good and worked really well for that era and tour. Unfortunately the quality wasn't kept. I felt like Antunes declined after.

It was ok - my fave mix he did was the holiday and everybody / celebration remix for 2009 - I felt like everything else he did was cheap sounding 

19 hours ago, Honey Little said:

Agree. Stuart did amazing things with her vocals on confessions. My favorite was what her and Stuart did with the lucky star vocals. Pure genius.

My favourite part was when Angel-Donna disappeared around the 3/4 mark and Barry White takes over from beyond the grave. 

Kidding kidding  🤣

On 6/11/2023 at 11:14 PM, androiduser said:

There was an ear monitor audio from Rebel Heart tour available some time ago, and you can hear a person giving lyric cues to Madonna every 10 to 20 seconds, it's really interesting.

Also, artists often have a screen with lyrics in front of the stage, like for Karaoke. I just attended Beyoncé's show the other day, and she had a huge screen with lyrics rolling all the time.

Do you have this? I’d like to hear it. 

1 hour ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I have to tell you that remembering your comment made me laugh several times during work. Tell me, were you serious or were you just joking?

Thanks 😊

I was serious in regards to an artistic choice. (Read that it’s about NY and knowing how she likes to go from darkness to light.) 

But in terms of a greatest hits show called, “Celebration”, I was being funny. 

So I suppose both. I learned to be both things once in a while, from the Queen herself. 

8 hours ago, Future Lover said:

Here's one that includes her lyrical cues though I don't think it's the one they were talking about. This is a soundboard feed, not her in ear feed which will be different but this is part of what she hears.

It’s the same one the one that was shared was a mp3 with the whole show. Living for love was particularly interesting song and choreography cues 

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic