The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)

Shoful

I know so many ppl that are going to Madonna. One doctor here has been telling people he is taking his wife -- he saw her he said on The Virgin Tour. 

Thankfully many of you (and me) don't work in PR LOL. M already has enough publicity for this tour (imo), now including her illness -- she doesn't need to promote this tour anymore. I predict opening night will be headline. 

If she didn't do additional press before her illness what makes yall think she will now? If she does everyone is gonna be like "so you were sick? What happened?" Blah blah blah. 

It's kinda commen sense.

29 minutes ago, Winn said:

I've told everybody at work I'm going to Madonna's tour and they still don't know she's going on tour lol normies. It's like they hear her name and immediately tune out.

Not to be disrespectful but maybe they tune you out talking Madonna, I think it happens to me too 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

When I asked him about this during the MXT backstage tour, Kevin Antunes replied that there is no need of a bass player when a machine can play any sound.

Oh Kevin, this is why you're so terrible. You can replicate any audio or video with a machine but that's not the point of a live show. With that attitude, why not replace everyone and everything and we can all sit and watch a blu-ray. Dumbass. 

tv show no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

58 minutes ago, Winn said:

I've told everybody at work I'm going to Madonna's tour and they still don't know she's going on tour lol normies. It's like they hear her name and immediately tune out.

Exactly! This is the real sh*t that happens out there, off the internet. It's unfortunate but this is what I'm talking about. 

we have seen a lot of her during rehearsals, this time I think she should take the “mistery” road. Low profile, and then BOOM. Opening night with no fillers, no huge butt, toned body, great moves, greatest show on earth.

the greatest hits  tour thing was and it’s still the best promo. This time, there’s no need for more promotion. Or maybe one high profile performance on an awards  show or tv show just for our selfish entertainment.

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I don’t think that was the case this time, surely you can’t reach the 100% of the population the 100% of times

But, al least in Mexico, the whole country knew she’s coming and everyone wanted a ticket

We know how well the tour has been received I guess its kind of the the same around the US and EU (not as much as here) but if she goes to South America it would be a massive event 

Every time Madonna announces shows in Latinamerica is a huge success. That always happens when big acts neglect this part of the world because they prioritize Northamerica, Europe and sometimes Japan.

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

I think people tend to forget that they aren’t trying to promote Madonna’s image or brand value, they are selling the tour, if they have reached their business goal they aren’t going to spend any more time or money in it, there’s no point in doing pr interviews to an already sold out tour, even if 10% of the people miss the new dates. 

Wouldn't it be great if she did something for the VMA? I know the show sucks big time nowadays, but I remember her live performance in 1993 just before the Girlie Show kicked off in London and I am sure it must have been extremely exciting to get a tease of upcoming tour broadcast in tv.

3 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Sorry to suggest she should do publicity! I'm awful!! :ahh:

I agree with you.  Wouldn't hurt to line up some publicity interviews to re-assure the public she's doing well and is able to tour.  Besides, it's not like she's had the best record when it comes to touring the last few tours, with the many late starts and the cancellations.  It wasn't long ago, that a lot of fans were complaining about that.  :kiss2:

It’s funny how people’s mind work, so it’s better to go on some shows with limited reach (yes that’s a communication/marketing term) than to actually DO the shows with all the media invited that’s supposed to have a wider target and a bigger reach

We could go into ROI and CPT and objectives and all that but do we have to? Boring 

3 hours ago, madgefan said:

Wouldn't it be great if she did something for the VMA? I know the show sucks big time nowadays, but I remember her live performance in 1993 just before the Girlie Show kicked off in London and I am sure it must have been extremely exciting to get a tease of upcoming tour broadcast in tv.

No one really watches it anymore. I'd say she'd have more luck doing something like The Voice, even though I think it's run its course.  But it still generates a lot of attention and audience. I'm sure there are some equivalent shows like that across the globe as well. 

Anyway, we're all just sharing our opinions and ideas.  I personally would like her to do some interviews.  I think she is due for something candid, humbling, showing the world her perseverance that she's not throwing in the towel just yet. 

47 minutes ago, tscott said:

Anyway, we're all just sharing our opinions and ideas.  I personally would like her to do some interviews.  I think she is due for something candid, humbling, showing the world her perseverance that she's throwing in the towel just yet. 

I co-sign this. A good, in-depth interview with a major outlet would be fantastic. It would be a great opportunity to turn the general public's negative image of her around and remind people of why she's the icon she is.

3 hours ago, madgefan said:

I have all the faith in Madonna still being the formidable entertainer she time and time again proves to be, but TV has never really been on her side since the mid 90's, she just gets too nervous for it. I think it's cute but the GP see only this so they get a wrong impression of what kind of a performer she really is

2 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I have all the faith in Madonna still being the formidable entertainer she time and time again proves to be, but TV has never really been on her side since the mid 90's, she just gets too nervous for it. I think it's cute but the GP see only this so they get a wrong impression of what kind of a performer she really is

Bravo!   I agree.  TV hasn't been her medium. And, in my mind, or rather my expectation for the Celebration Tour is a Rebel Heart Tour level performance/energy.  Something about M... if she's considered down and out, she will wow us even more than we initially thought.  She's formidable when her health and overall well being is top notch.  From all of the reports, she hasn't been.  Something tells me she is rectifying that as I type this.  Looking forward to the tour!

I think she could take advantage of a TV appearance, which not necessarily means a performance.

A 40th anniversary tribute that ends with a speech from her at an awards show could be enough. Even tho idk if awards shows will happen this year with the writers' strike going on.

We don't know how this experience changed her. i believe she knew someone or  a paparazzi would take that pic of her outside in NYC and she made sure to look good on her insta post right at the same time. Since then, nothing. It sounds like an effort to show she's ok and stop the ridiculous articles and speculations. But she took a big hit and she's still mending, physically and mentally. Losing control like this for a control freak like Madonna is a real challenge. She tried to get control back with these pics but i'm sure she's pissed off her stay at the ICU was made public. She hates looking weak and people being sorry for her. She never went after people's sympathy before but this experience with death must have had a psychological impact, something she must digest.

She has not posted, when she used to be a constant poster, it means she's not ready to share yet. She must still be processing what happened and how she went "over the borderline" this time, pushing herself. As scary as it is an experience, it's humbling too. We may see a different person. There was a change in her after she fell off that horse in 2005, she was defiant and she said the pain made her bitch to people around her, she kind of became a different person after that, not in a good way imo, this time it could be different.

I'm really curious to see how she will come out of this. How different she's gonna be. One thing is for sure, her first interview, no matter when it's gonna happen, will draw massive media coverage (for a few hours like every news then we move on to the next crisis) maybe with Oprah. Liz should handle this but in this time and age, television is so obsolete, she should use her Insta and social media accounts, including Youtube, have, say, Rosie interview her, Ricardo making backstage/rehearsals videos and have the whole thing, like 20 minutes, online, the day the tour starts or the same week. She does not need tv and tv only regurgitates what is online anyway. 

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

We don't know how this experience changed her. i believe she knew someone or  a paparazzi would take that pic of her outside in NYC and she made sure to look good on her insta post right at the same time. Since then, nothing. It sounds like an effort to show she's ok and stop the ridiculous articles and speculations. But she took a big hit and she's still mending, physically and mentally. Losing control like this for a control freak like Madonna is a real challenge. She tried to get control back with these pics but i'm sure she's pissed off her stay at the ICU was made public. She hates looking weak and people being sorry for her. She never went after people's sympathy before but this experience with death must have had a psychological impact, something she must digest.

She has not posted, when she used to be a constant poster, it means she's not ready to share yet. She must still be processing what happened and how she went "over the borderline" this time, pushing herself. As scary as it is an experience, it's humbling too. We may see a different person. There was a change in her after she fell off that horse in 2005, she was defiant and she said the pain made her bitch to people around her, she kind of became a different person after that, not in a good way imo, this time it could be different.

I'm really curious to see how she will come out of this. How different she's gonna be. One thing is for sure, her first interview, no matter when it's gonna happen, will draw massive media coverage (for a few hours like every news then we move on to the next crisis) maybe with Oprah. Liz should handle this but in this time and age, television is so obsolete, she should use her Insta and social media accounts, including Youtube, have, say, Rosie interview her, Ricardo making backstage/rehearsals videos and have the whole thing, like 20 minutes, online, the day the tour starts or the same week. She does not need tv and tv only regurgitates what is online anyway. 

This is really well articulated and I agree with everything you said.

It’s really unusual for her to be this silent on social media - not even a “automatic” post to promote the digital release of Hollywood and the upscale video. 

Something as traumatic as this - physically and mentally is going to take time to heal literally - she will be back - she’s a fighter we know this and this is literally the fight of her life.

51 minutes ago, Jackie said:

This is really well articulated and I agree with everything you said.

It’s really unusual for her to be this silent on social media - not even a “automatic” post to promote the digital release of Hollywood and the upscale video. 

Something as traumatic as this - physically and mentally is going to take time to heal literally - she will be back - she’s a fighter we know this and this is literally the fight of her life.

I personally think she’s just 100% focused on resting and healing. Part of that involves positive thinking and Instagram is very toxic. She has said it many times herself.

4 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Maybe going live on insta during rehearsals could be good too and minimal effort for her/her team.

20 hours ago, Curator said:

Oh Kevin, this is why you're so terrible. You can replicate any audio or video with a machine but that's not the point of a live show. With that attitude, why not replace everyone and everything and we can all sit and watch a blu-ray. Dumbass. 

tv show no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I don't remember someone playing the bass during Stuart Price days 

Whatever happens or whatever the setlist looked like, I think they kind of have to let the second song now be Die Another Day. Imagine the show opening with anything of the likes of, Music, Into The Groove, Hung Up or something else spectacular, have a full on energetic start of the show, sollidifying her strength and then use the second song as the conclusion of that taking away any doubt, then DAD can segue into Live To Tell as a definite opener for the show, starting the journey of her life and carreer she will take us on for the rest of the show

I'm sure she had videographers documenting the rehearsal process like she did for most of her tours since ReInvention. She should have them document this recovery too and the eventual re-rehearsals leading up to the new opening night. It would make a great documentary ala Truth or Dare that I could easily see Netflix, Max, Peacock, or Paramount+ scooping up.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (No Spoilers)
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • meeshell featured this topic