Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

11 hours ago, filipeferrari86 said:

everyone complaining about AI. if her and her production are up to date with what's happening in the music industry, they are actually going to use AI to her favor in this tour. The best Madonna AI we will hear will need to actually come from Madonna herself. Plus I can see her releasing stuff in the future with AI, why would she not?

I agree with this, the best trained AI model can only be made if she’s actually there, it’d kill.

19 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

I hope this teaser isn't a sign that we're going to get re-hashed visuals from past tour backdrops just mismashed into "new" ones

Well, we don't even really know if this is really a "teaser" from the tour.  She randomly posted it in her stories.  She could be reacting to something happening in her life or just feeling nostalgic or it could be a many million of things.

11 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Why does everyone keep posting these Korean videos and what does it have to do with the celebration tour? Is this how you personally wish the stage to look or something? I’m confused.

When Madonna was rehearsing at this arena, her crew had a stage setup. Then she fell ill and there was talk online that the stage remained in place for this event held at the same location. So some fans are theorizing that this is the Celebration stage (or at least a partial stage with screens - obviously missing catwalks and such)

16 minutes ago, dankpepe said:

When Madonna was rehearsing at this arena, her crew had a stage setup. Then she fell ill and there was talk online that the stage remained in place for this event held at the same location. So some fans are theorizing that this is the Celebration stage (or at least a partial stage with screens - obviously missing catwalks and such)

She was rehearsing in Korea before she got sick?

anyhow, it looks really cool to me. My favorite screens were the reinvention floating ones with the widescreen being them.

14 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Hmmm that's not how I remember it at all. Most RH songs were close to the album version but songs like BU, TB, D&D, LAV, WTG, Music, CS, DYU, were all complete reinventions, I think True Blue on the ukelele is still one of my all time favorite live M moments. But I totally agree, give me new interpretations or reimaginings of remixes. The only thing I really would love to stay close to the album version is LAP, I hate almost every version since BA, bring back those synths and basslines!

we were talking about the video interludes.

17 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

Hmmm that's not how I remember it at all. Most RH songs were close to the album version but songs like BU, TB, D&D, LAV, WTG, Music, CS, DYU, were all complete reinventions, I think True Blue on the ukelele is still one of my all time favorite live M moments. But I totally agree, give me new interpretations or reimaginings of remixes. The only thing I really would love to stay close to the album version is LAP, I hate almost every version since BA, bring back those synths and basslines!

Music was the album version for the most part. The same goes for Candy Shop.

Deeper and Deeper was an "updated" but cheap album version that made 0 sense in that section, because the song was likely part of the Latin section at first. Deeper and Deeper replaced Don't Tell Me in the Rockabilly section (they took the DTM choreography for that performance).

DYU was a re-invention, indeed but it sounded absolutely terrible. That song was also completely pointless cause LAV had enough representatives on that tour. Who's That Girl would have been cute but it was sadly just an impromptu and boring stripped down version.

Overall, this entire tour was scrambled eggs and last minute shifting of songs and sections. Madonna herself confirmed that she kept moving things around and added a lot of oldies throughout the process. In my opinion, she could have added more stuff from the 90s instead of playing nearly every single from the LAV album (her worst 80s album).  

23 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Music was the album version for the most part. The same goes for Candy Shop.

Deeper and Deeper was an "updated" but cheap album version that made 0 sense in that section, because the song was likely part of the Latin section at first. Deeper and Deeper replaced Don't Tell Me in the Rockabilly section (they took the DTM choreography for that performance).

DYU was a re-invention, indeed but it sounded absolutely terrible. That song was also completely pointless cause LAV had enough representatives on that tour. Who's That Girl would have been cute but it was sadly just an impromptu and boring stripped down version.

Overall, this entire tour was scrambled eggs and last minute shifting of songs and sections. Madonna herself confirmed that she kept moving things around and added a lot of oldies throughout the process. In my opinion, she could have added more stuff from the 90s instead of playing nearly every single from the LAV album (her worst 80s album).  

Question, did you attend this tour in person?

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Question, did you attend this tour in person?

Does it matter? I don't miraculously happen to actually like a show more because I attended it. The things I criticized are not something that changes if I were to see it in person.

I did not comment on the technicals. Madonna's shows are usually well choreographed and have great stage production. That's something most of her tours have in common. However, it is very apparent to me that the production value of the MUSIC has significantly decreased since CT. One may not like the setlist of DWT but holy cow. The production value and the way the songs were arranged live made a big difference in my opinion. The same goes for RIT and Confessions.

RIT was arguably a rehash of old (and iconic) looks and eras but that was the whole idea behind it. There are a lot of things that can be improved but once again, I was talking about the segments and the song arrangements. In that sense, RIT handled it much better than RHT. With that tour she kind of caught up on a bunch of oldies that had previously been left in the past. RHT could have done just that and it did to some extent but the arrangements and the way she presented those old songs was very very bland and unbalanced. She barely touched any of her 90s catalogue (her most ignored list of songs) and instead decided to dig out the same old same and some 80s songs that she had also previously done. The two or three unexpected surprises had boring tour versions. Therefore, it left me pretty dissatisfied and I had absolutely no desire to see it in person despite Rebel Heart being my favorite post-CT album.

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Does it matter?

I would actually say that it does :) Had you attended in person, you would have witnessed a love fest. This was the tour where Madonna interacted with the audience the most. You would have witnessed the uproar from the crowd when she sang the opening line to Whos That Girl. You would have heard the screams and seen all the jumping when Deeper and Deeper was performed. On the nights when she sang Ghosttown, the audience sang along so loud it vibrated the arena. I could write a whole thesis about the beauty and simplicity of True Blue. So yes, you just had to be there to see how fun this tour was in person.

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I would actually say that it does :) Had you attended in person, you would have witnessed a love fest. This was the tour where Madonna interacted with the audience the most. You would have witnessed the uproar from the crowd when she sang the opening line to Whos That Girl. You would have heard the screams and seen all the jumping when Deeper and Deeper was performed. On the nights when she sang Ghosttown, the audience sang along so loud it vibrated the arena. I could write a whole thesis about the beauty and simplicity of True Blue. So yes, you just had to be there to see how fun this tour was in person.

I believe this was the first time it was performed on the tour? | can't find the video where she gets overwhelmed and starts to cry though, was it the same night?

And as I've said before in other threads, I got WTG and ghosttown back to back along with Holiday acapella in Glasgow, that for me was a very memorable show indeed

34 minutes ago, DJ N A said:

We know that "Don't Tell Me," "Physical Attraction," and "Hold Tight" were rehearsed.

Physical attraction ??? This song was already rehearsed for the virgin tour, the blond ambition tour and the MDNA tour. Hope this time, she will be in the final setlist for the celebration tour. I love it so much