Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Just now, MPowered said:

We don't know whether the songs teased by DrownedMadonna are all the full songs performed. Some of those may be snippets and some others probably weren’t mentioned in order to not spoil everything.

Definitely hoping the last part is true. There are still some big ones I’m hoping for.

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

We don't know whether the songs teased by DrownedMadonna are all the full songs performed. Some of those may be snippets and some others probably weren’t mentioned in order to not spoil everything.

Thanks.  Some seem to be posting as if they they knew for sure those songs wouldn't be performed, and I thought there was some confirmed source I missed that stated Material Girl, Music and Express Yourself won't be performed or be on the set list. 

So in other words, no one knows yet.  Thank you. :)

At this point, DrownedMadonna has basically listed her entire discography as a setlist. We'll know in a couple of hours.

Really excited for this! Cant believe we're not getting new music or a Celebration re-issue or something.

Looking forward to what theyve done with the tracks and how they incorporate it all in.

I’m kinda gutted about Hard Candy! It’s hardly my favorite, but she seems to have gone out of her way to have included something from every album except this one.

I'm sure 4 Minutes will be part of the sampled songs that Stuart mentioned will be tied into the show, but we had Give It 2 Me rumors at one point this week, right?

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Btw: I believe that the ijtjihad (the principle of teaching and learning in Islamism) is the truth, not the jihad (the literal Holy War). This is a conflict between Sunites and Shi'ites more than between Islamic people and not Islamic people. Islam condones expressly the violence as any well educated, prejudice-free person can understand. If only the people who are ignorant about the Islamic traditions knew that most of them are directly imported from Orthodox Judaism (even the hijab/niqab use by women), they wouldn't be so adamant by declaring "Islamism is such a strange faith!...." After all, Islamic people consider themselves children of Abraham (who they call Ibrahim) through Isma'il, while Jews define themselves as children of Yitzhak, also son of Abraham. Even Hebrew and Arabic languages are incredibly similar (both from Semitic language) the same way English and German are, or French and Italian, for instance. Of course faith plays an essential part of it as both Hebrew and Islamic holy scriptures can be literally interpretated as apologetic of a holy war against the people who don't profess their creeds.

EDIT: the Quran is ultimately the final interpretation by the Prophet Muhammad of the Torah from Moses (who is referred in the Quran by the Prophet Musa) and the work of Jesus (the Prophet Issa) in the sense of connecting the unfaithful, sinner creation to Allah, the main reason we live in the world. To Muhammad, the ones who follow his interpretation are the Muslims ("subordinated to the will of God," in both Hebrew and Arabic languages). If only people read it instead of judging it superficially...

For what I studied at uni years ago (I studied social anthropology) the term "jihad" also have an expansive meaning, not necessarily destructive, as it is intended as the "fight on the way to God" (sorry in case my transaltion could sound incorrect), wich means the fight the believer makes inside of him/herself to improve his/her own moral conscience and, if necessary, a real war in the name of God. And yes, Quran is definitely not a violent, neither even indulgent text about violence. We have to consider that the main contribution Muhammad took to the arabic people in political terms was the unification of the semi-nomadic desert tribes, often in fight with each other, in one only unified community under the faith in Allah, the Ummah. Those tribes were composed by great merchants and warriors (I'm simplifying a little here but I don't mean to be too long). 

About the hijab tradition, it absolutely comes from Orthodox Judaism and beyond. The word hijab, wich should mean "veil" appears only 7 times in the Quran and 4 of them meaning the veil that protects/hides the truth, in a spiritual sense. And it never says expressly that women must be veiled, it was just a common tradition. The first trace of the institutionalization of an early female yerarchy, to separate the family, honorable women, who had to be veiled, from the "public" ones (slaves and prostitutes), is in the Hammurabi code (XVIIIbC).

At the same time the story of niqab and burqa is interesting and complicated for what I know and in a sense Occidental colonialism had a huge place in the spreading of that tradition. I like to report it here shortly because it is so emblematic about this kind of matters imo. Burqa was adopted by the Afghan monarchy in the XXth century and the complete body covering veil use (the niqab and the chador are examples) is much more recent and started to catch on in the Mhagreb land even more recently: all of them were signs of specific identity and political demands from oppressed colonialized people who were starting to radicalize.

I love this community, a place where you can share ideas about these subjects with maturity and open mind.

1 hour ago, scion said:

Can we please not turn this into an Israel/Palestine thread. I've had multiple episodes of tears this week regarding the current situation, I don't want it ruining the Celebration Tour experience by casting a sad shadow... I appreciate the two will likely mix at some point, but I don't think we need in depth discussion here, it's literally everywhere else.

Sorry man, I just posted about that again cause I started to answer before reading your request. I stop it here, sorry again.

Just now, Alex the rebel heart said:

Confirmed: Backing vocals recorded by Munchie (Madame X Tour) and Kiley Dean (S&S, MDNA and RHT). With help of Kevin Antunes.

photo_4996812880162696069_y.jpg

Ok this is just a little depressing, I'm supersupersuper excited, but let me say it ... "I'm not on tour but I'm on tour." :Madonna043: 

6 minutes ago, stefo said:

Ok this is just a little depressing, I'm supersupersuper excited, but let me say it ... "I'm not on tour but I'm on tour." :Madonna043: 

Yeah I’m feeling a bit down about this too. I’m not a fan of all this digital pre-recorded tracks. I have a feeling M will be relying heavily on her own prerecorded vocal track. I wonder how the DVD will sound. Yikes