Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

11 minutes ago, Andreo said:

ARE THESE LEAKES LEGIT?! PLEEAAASEEE tell me how does she sound in them?! Are these arrangements like the original or remixed?! 

They seemed legit. The sound quality was bad but she sounded good on La Isla. Couldn't really hear the arrangement but it sounded similar to the album version. 

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Candy Shop being on the list of rehearsed songs (around May) along with TPOGB and Act of Contrition with TPOGB likely being dropped.

I'm dying 😂😂😂

I could only see it as part of a medley with another ballad to be honest. But just a snippet? Nah…

I think it will be like HBC / LDLHA from Rebel Heart. 

Schön, guess you just did a DP (double post!!!!!)

EDIT: @Jackieguess this is just one of the several warning signs we'll get over this weekend! Warning signs (echo), warning signs (echo)...

1 hour ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

If you want to hear the whole song live . This is as good as it will ever be

So you would rather have her perform a bunch of songs she has already done to absolute death over some of her overlooked and ignored fan favourites? 

I didn’t know boring casual fans were active on Madonna fan forums lol.

To be quite honest, I could probably watch a show filled with non-singles and non-hits (minus Candy Shop & Human Nature) and would end up declaring that my favourite tour of hers. I’m personally way more into her deep cuts than her dated "classics" like Like A Virgin or Express Yourself.

12 hours ago, Lorx said:

Are you telling me that Monte Pittman no longer works with her? And that he is a COVID and vaccine denier? I had no idea. I've always ADORED Pittman. He made her play "A New Level" by Pantera, made her do fantastic things with the guitar. And he's a great guitarist; I like how he plays. What a shame.

Um, no I never said any of that about him. Others have though. I honestly don't care.  All I cared is that he was a great addition to Madonna especially on tour. 

8 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

So nobody wants to hear Candy Shop? :kiss2:

46b43ae03f414677b6ebdc8deb41160f_w200.gi

I think she really made excellent live renditions of that track, I always loved it live (and I HATE Hard Candy ... sorry). The 2008 coreo was one of her best, the 2012 version had a fabulous arrangement and the 2015 was cool and much more fun than Music imo.

3 minutes ago, Lorx said:

I wanna hear songs she didn't perform that much.

But I still love Candy Shop and Like A Prayer. 

I don't like Express Yourself.

Express Yourself had really boring renditions after 1993. It’s always the same Shep Pettibone remix. I would love to see something entirely new and surprising for that one but it’s seemingly not even on the setlist from what we know which is quite a surprise imo.

I always considered that song a 100% sure candidate and never would have expected Oh Father on the setlist. Instead, I thought she would rather pull out Cherish.

3 minutes ago, societysboy said:

Even in those LQ clips you can tell she's miming (I don't say this a s a negative...)

MDNA Tour dress rehearsals in Tel Aviv were also 100% mimed, same for most Sticky & Sweet Tour in Cardiff, but we know she sung the actual shows live in the end (or most of them).

3 minutes ago, Andreo said:

The real question is... 

Will we get the original Like a Prayer, live with the choir and electric guitar for the very first time after almost 35 years from it release? 

That would be a very welcome surprise imo. I fucking HATE the dance mix from TIC and when she did that one on MDNA, it was SO underwhelming and flat.

She had that fucking Kalakan band on that tour with her and it never crossed her mind to use them for a great, drum-heavy and anthemic version of Like A Prayer? I can't believe it. Instead, she considered using them for FUCKING CANDY SHOP. 😩😡

12 hours ago, Lorx said:

Are you telling me that Monte Pittman no longer works with her? And that he is a COVID and vaccine denier? I had no idea. I've always ADORED Pittman. He made her play "A New Level" by Pantera, made her do fantastic things with the guitar. And he's a great guitarist; I like how he plays. What a shame.

If you want a vax denier, you need look no further than the CDC, Fauci, Gates, and Biden, who told us all you would 100% not get Covid with this vaccine, and then later said "WHOOPS!"  You're now on booster 5, right? And it still doesn't prevent nor does it stop transmission. There's a reason we don't take Polio boosters.  Enjoy your seat. 

8 minutes ago, adirondak said:

If you want a vax denier, you need look no further than the CDC, Fauci, Gates, and Biden, who told us all you would 100% not get Covid with this vaccine, and then later said "WHOOPS!"  You're now on booster 5, right? And it still doesn't prevent nor does it stop transmission. There's a reason we don't take Polio boosters.  Enjoy your seat. 

This isn't the forum for these debates.  Just for the record, the original vaccine was highly effective against the original strain. The issue was it mutated so fast and continues to mutate so fast, much faster than the common cold or flu that unfortunately no updated vaccine will ever be effective at preventing you getting it. 

2 minutes ago, litemakr said:

Polio is basically eradicated so it doesn't constantly mutate. Flu and COVID will never be eradicated and will constantly evolve which means boosters will always be needed.  That's the reason we don't take polio boosters. 

Ya, up until a few years ago, that was the definition of a vaccine. And if that's the case, why didn't they say at the beginning we'd need boosters every year, as opposed to you will 100% not get or transmit the virus?

42 minutes ago, MPowered said:

So you would rather have her perform a bunch of songs she has already done to absolute death over some of her overlooked and ignored fan favourites? 

I didn’t know boring casual fans were active on Madonna fan forums lol.

To be quite honest, I could probably watch a show filled with non-singles and non-hits (minus Candy Shop & Human Nature) and would end up declaring that my favourite tour of hers. I’m personally way more into her deep cuts than her dated "classics" like Like A Virgin or Express Yourself.

This tour is not just for a few thousand people that hang out on Madonna forums like us. If you want non hits and non singles you might try youtube. Thats what I do