Kylie Minogue talks possible Madonna collab

Starchild

5 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I want them to do something together just to piss off the members of Sayhey Forum they will all go into meltdown 

ROTFL!  Though to be honest, I'm so over these silly fan feuds.  I mean we have two very mature women over the age of 50.  Neither of them seem to have any animosity or dislike for one another.  So why do fans have to engage in such immature behavior? Why not just enjoy two women over 50, who are still enjoying a lot of success?  I'm hardly Kylie's biggest fan, but I still think she's fantastic and enjoy a lot of her output.  Let's spread the love, not hate! :heart:

32 minutes ago, tscott said:

ROTFL!  Though to be honest, I'm so over these silly fan feuds.  I mean we have two very mature women over the age of 50.  Neither of them seem to have any animosity or dislike for one another.  So why do fans have to engage in such immature behavior? Why not just enjoy two women over 50, who are still enjoying a lot of success?  I'm hardly Kylie's biggest fan, but I still think she's fantastic and enjoy a lot of her output.  Let's spread the love, not hate! :heart:

Because they have to bring Madonna down to feel their faves are in a higher position. It is all the same with every pop gal since Cyndi Lauper.

5 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

Because they have to bring Madonna down to feel their faves are in a higher position. It is all the same with every pop gal since Cyndi Lauper.

Yes, I agree. Unfortunately, it's the same with Madonna fans, they like to attack these other artists and fans, to only try to show Madonna is the Queen of pop.  We all know she is.  But there is no need to go into battle over it. It's stupid and childish.  Enjoy who you want and let others enjoy what they like. Nothing wrong with a little friendly banter, but some take it too far.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I love both of them I think they’re amazing I’ve just been spending too much time in Sayhey and they’re like rabid bitches in there lately, Madonna snobs 

17 minutes ago, MattyMads said:

I love both of them I think they’re amazing I’ve just been spending too much time in Sayhey and they’re like rabid bitches in there lately, Madonna snobs 

I'd just ignore it and stick to conversations with those who are willing to be civil and intelligent about what they are expressing.  We see the same that goes on here as well.  Some purposely spread toxicity.  They have no other purpose but to stir the pot and try to instigate drama.  It's a total waste of time in engaging in that behavior because it accomplishes nothing but spreading more hate and animosity. 

11 hours ago, missberic said:

Kylie is too sweet as usual, but it's a bit demeaning how she gets asked this over and over again as if she's not been an established star herself for years who shouldn't have to fangirl over Madonna.

I don’t agree. I think it’s a real compliment from an American interviewer that she’s being aligned with Madonna.

2 hours ago, MattyMads said:

My friend who doesn’t even go on say hey has said she’s seeing the same anti Madonna comments everywhere from Kylie fans (Reddit, Facebook etc.) A lot of them really try to put Madonna down to one up Kylie.

Having said that a lot of Madonna fans do this to other people like Gaga and Beyoncé. They also did it to Kylie when Padam Padam started going viral. 

I really love both. No one can compare to Madonna but Kylie is certainly my second fave female pop star.

13 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

She went to the Brixton gig in 2000, and no she left Australia the same day Madonna was there performing (ater meeting with Guy Oseary).

But she could have already attended Rebel heart in London or somewhere else .

So officially we know she attended:

Blond Ambition, Brixton, Reinvention, Confessions, MDNA and she’ll be going to Celebration…. That’s quite a long list.

How freeing it is to like all of these artists. (Except Taylor Swift) A little Kylie here. A little Gaga there. Alot of Madonna all the time, and many many more. 

It's just strange because no is comparing Nick Jonas and Harry Styles and Bruno Mars to each other so we have to question... why? Why is it only females? Why isn't there enough room for all of them but there is for the males? Like I legit don't even get where it comes from. And I'm not talking about specific feuds... I know those exist sometimes... 

2 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

How freeing it is to like all of these artists. (Except Taylor Swift) A little Kylie here. A little Gaga there. Alot of Madonna all the time, and many many more. 

It's just strange because no is comparing Nick Jonas and Harry Styles and Bruno Mars to each other so we have to question... why? Why is it only females? Why isn't there enough room for all of them but there is for the males? Like I legit don't even get where it comes from. And I'm not talking about specific feuds... I know those exist sometimes... 

Amen!  I feel the competition is always on within the women of Pop.

4 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Yeah and yet you feel the need to bring down Kylie to elevate Madonna. They're both Queens and they both wish they'd collab with each other. Let's not forget Kylie's the only pop star Madonna's ever publicly asked for a collab. Kylie IS the Princess of Pop and Madonna is the Queen. End of discussion. 

12 minutes ago, rga98 said:

Yeah and yet you feel the need to bring down Kylie to elevate Madonna. They're both Queens and they both wish they'd collab with each other. Let's not forget Kylie's the only pop star Madonna's ever publicly asked for a collab. Kylie IS the Princess of Pop and Madonna is the Queen. End of discussion. 

Where did I say anything negative about Kylie?

The mention of Stop Me from Falling horrible remix with Gente de Zona? Honey, that's not bringing somebody down, I just find the song mediocre.

Then again, 90% of this forum thinks that everything Madonna did after 2005 is mediocre, sooo...

2 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Where did I say anything negative about Kylie?

The mention of Stop Me from Falling horrible remix with Gente de Zona? Honey, that's not bringing somebody down, I just find the song mediocre.

Then again, 90% of this forum thinks that everything Madonna did after 2005 is mediocre, sooo...

Don't worry, most Kylie fans hate that remix and that song (not me, I actually love it). I just thought it wasn't relevant to the discussion. I, for one, wouldn't get my hopes up but it would be the dream of many (Madonna & Kylie fans) come true. I love both of them just as much and it's always been my dream to have at least a decent pic of them together. I'll keep my fringers crossed for this. 

Hopefully, it does happen some time soon. Both are having another peak lately. Kylie's revival is so so so good (Album demos are promising, like the lead single.)

I was thinking... I think Kylie and many other women artists should continue to fangirl her (forever) cos Madonna continues paving the way for them (Recall the narrow-minded hateful and sexist dialogues about M's music, dancing, shows, songs, costumes etc after she turned 50.) Today, there seems to be no discussion concerning  'how Kylie is 50 and still trying (hard) to produce hits, how she is desperate to stay relevant and appeal to tictock and young generation, how she is not dressing appropriately, how she does not age gracefully etc.

Of course, things change over time and it is not solely Madonna's doing. Yet, I think she plays a significant role in such changes in a way no artist has previously done or will ever be able to do in future. 

Today, she have been taking tons of shit again and paving another alternative way to being 60 in the music business and in life.

Edited by mazzona (see edit history)

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

There were comparasons between Prince and Micheal Jackson back in the 80s, and in school I had to choose between Kiss and Twisted Sister.

The fact that I liked all four was met with a collective sneer. "He's just weird. He likes Dolly Parton too". :lol: