Bacterial Infection Thread

deathproof

I gotta laugh when all these unreliable sources, especially the Faux News-owned companies, all come after Madonna. First it was being found unresponsive, then it was “metaphorically kicking and screaming”/protesting the decision of being sent to the hospital (which you can’t do when you’re unresponsive), then it was hiding a fever for months, then it was being weak and uncontrollably vomiting after being sent home, and now it’s being revived with Narcan after being “dangerously close to death”. Funny how they keep changing the story because nothing they have sticks.

The latter was according to Radar Online, and I learned my lesson about them when they were reporting dumb and fake news about Cher earlier in the year. 

I believe it's plausible she was taking some kind of pain medication and if the Narcan story turns out to be true it would make sense. Prince died after taking what he thought was Vicodin but was actually a counterfeit painkiller that was laced with fentanyl. I believe that fentanyl contamination is becoming too common and if it could happen to Prince then why couldn't it happen to anybody. Wirh celebrities The official story is often a cover for the real story. If people are reporting about Narcan then there may be some truth to it and I'm not buying the Narcan for septic shock angle 

1 minute ago, Mlvcfan said:

I believe it's plausible she was taking some kind of pain medication and if the Narcan story turns out to be true it would make sense. Prince died after taking what he thought was Vicodin but was actually a counterfeit painkiller that was laced with fentanyl. I believe that fentanyl contamination is becoming too common and if it could happen to Prince then why couldn't it happen to anybody. Wirh celebrities The official story is often a cover for the real story. If people are reporting about Narcan then there may be some truth to it and I'm not buying the Narcan for septic shock angle 

Let's leave these baseless rumors alone. Guy confirmed it was a serious bacterial infection - not a drug overdose. 

35 minutes ago, tscott said:

You do know his statement went beyond his own IG?  In fact, his statement was shared in pretty much every media report about her condition.  It's pretty safe to say, people are aware of what he said, even if they didn't pay attention it was him who stated it. So let's not pretend that this info is just privy to forum members or people who follow him.  Not only that, info such as this would spread beyond his own base, because he has enough media and high profile people following him that would continue to spread his message.

All that being said, her official website, Ticketmaster and LiveNation need to start addressing what is being postponed ASAP!

I do know that but what is being overlooked is tabloids are focusing on false rumours; literally NOBODY is highlighting the fact that the tour "will have a new start date." 

You just elaborated on the really issue at the end of your post - official sites are not mentioning anything and this is where the argument is being made. A majority of people with tickets have no idea if their show is postponed or not. 

Again us hardcore fans OBVIOUSLY understand the July shows are not happening, most ticket holders do not. 

2 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I do know that but what is being overlooked is tabloids are focusing on false rumours; literally NOBODY is highlighting the fact that the tour "will have a new start date." 

You just elaborated on the really issue at the end of your post - official sites are not mentioning anything and this is where the argument is being made. A majority of people with tickets have no idea if their show is postponed or not. 

Again us hardcore fans OBVIOUSLY understand the July shows are not happening, most ticket holders do not. 

Totally agree. While Guy did post and it was shared wildly - no further update has been provided, and with tickets being sent (albeit automatically) - I can't blame the general public potentially getting confused and assuming it's going ahead.

EVEN IF Ticketmaster doesn't officially announce dates are postponed, the audience would be FOOLISH to show up at any of the venues. Anyone who shows up opening night with their ticket that was just sent to them from Ticketmaster, expecting a show that says it's scheduled to take place, is an absolute IMBECILE. I mean, the Guy Oseary statement has at least 200,000 likes on Instagram and it was on Google entertainment news for one day back in June! HOW could the average person not be up to speed on everything going on with THE Queen of Pop?! No one is too busy to be keeping track of Madonna and her illness, not even the people working 60-70 hour work weeks to pay for tickets that cost as much as a house mortgage! 

Ticketmaster doesn't owe anyone a statement at this point. If an audience member isn't following what's going on, so be it. No one is too busy to know what's going on with Madonna in the news. No one.

This isn't on Guy, who went above and beyond with that two sentence screenshot of the notes app. And it isn't on Ticketmaster or Live Nation, which already did enough by posting the original dates in the first place. 

And the people flying there for opening night will probably moan YET AGAIN when they get there, just because the event that they planned their whole trip around isn't happening anymore. At least they get to go on a vacation!

There, better? Are the delusional Madonna fans who don't care about the non-fans getting screwed over with this total lack of communications strategy happy now?

16 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let's leave these baseless rumors alone. Guy confirmed it was a serious bacterial infection - not a drug overdose. 

Lol oh come on. Guy isn't going to post a statement that says "Unfortunately, Madonna ODed. She's now going through extensive withdrawal from painkillers. We'll have updates on the new tour dates soon." Regardless of if there's truth or not here, there's no way Guy would come out and say it.

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

Totally agree. While Guy did post and it was shared wildly - no further update has been provided, and with tickets being sent (albeit automatically) - I can't blame the general public potentially getting confused and assuming it's going ahead.

Yes, this is why I think Ticketmaster, Live Nation and her official website should immediately start announcing those postponements.  But I don't really see any reason to fault anyone at this point because I'm sure all involved were waiting to see Madonna's progress within a week or so.  It's probably easier to go in for one whole swoop of postponements if they think she's going to need a significant time to recover. :)

16 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

You have a ticket for Miami don’t you?

I have two tickets for Miami consecutive nights, one for Las Vegas and 4 Mexico City  all obviously prime real state locations 😢

Non refundable travel because why???

But that’s not why I thought about that being the new start date. 

18 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Lol oh come on. Guy isn't going to post a statement that says "Unfortunately, Madonna ODed. She's now going through extensive withdrawal from painkillers. We'll have updates on the new tour dates soon." Regardless of if there's truth or not here, there's no way Guy would come out and say it.

So we are going to just assume it's true when there is absolutely no facts to back it up?  I guess what I don't understand is why some are going out of their way in feeding the OD narrative?  It's not like Guy is known to speak for Madonna ever.  I agree I wouldn't expect him to mention she ODed?  But I also wouldn't expect him to give any more details than he has either.  His post was made from professional standpoint.  It's not his job to give us blow by blows in what put her in the hospital. 

We have all been playing "clue" since the news broke on M's condition, it has been a week! Due to the lack of ANY official follow up to Guy's statement, one can't help but go deeper and deeper (no pun) into the rabbit hole with every single tabloid report. We see Rocco smiling (good sign), we see the dancers at a hotel by Nassau (rehearsals resumed), we see Riccardo posting a pic of her dog ON WOOD FLOORS (she must be recovering in the Hamptons), we see Rosie responding with positive news on her being string (Great news), we see Rocco being back in London (assuming new photo, she must be doing MUCH better otherwise he wouldn't have left NY), we see this and that and we form our own narratives and yet, NONE of us know what exactly is going on BTS. 

As much as I think Guy is horrible at managing her overall (exception was when he filmed me singing LAP at MDNA and put in onto the DVD), I honestly think his hands are tied in this situation. He is most likely told by M to not provide any further updates until she is certain on how SHE would like to proceed with the tour. Madonna will ALWAYS be in charge. I bet the last 10 days have probably been the toughest on her both physically and mentally, she has never played the victim and she will not start now.

Our patience is waning, but let's keep the faith and may the angels surround her to protect and watch over her. 

2 hours ago, danielsevilla said:

I am not a doctor, but can you be on the streets of NY one day talking to someone and have a septic shock the day after? Shouldn't someone be already quite sick to get to that stage?

Since we don't know what's fact or fiction, we can at least think through the information being presented to us and make a reasonable judgement for ourselves.

What you say is true, that someone should have some signs or symptoms leading up to it. Also, if she was given narcan, it would have been administered by the EMTs on the scene. The EMTs wouldn't know that she's experiencing septic shock and would only administer narcan for it's intended purpose if they were told by someone at the scene as to what happened to the person or saw evidence at the scene that the victim needed this medication on the scene to ensure recovery.

Everything I'm reading online from medical journals, prior to the Madonna story, say that there is no solid evidence that narcan can treat septic shock and that it isn't the standard treatment for septic shock based on research. The only articles saying it can be administered for this are in theory and not based upon studies.

As others said, we don't know what to believe at this point (i.e. "intubated", "kicking and screaming", "puking in bed", "rehearsals are back on", dog photos, etc). I already posted my theory several pages back based upon the evidence and things I can see with my own eyes.

However, we do know that she survived whatever occurred to her that weekend, whether it was OD'ing, septic shock, fever, etc.

I wonder too, if she truly had a fever for a month, with Covid fears and protocols, why wasn't she tested then and treated. I would assume the touring and insurance companies have protocols now in case of Covid outbreaks that anyone with a fever needs to be examined.

I also love that yesterday we were totally psyched about her possibly starting the tour as scheduled -- and today we are contemplating whether she died and/was knee deep in the depths of addiction requiring narcan. Oye! Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

What shall we call this soap opera we are creating?

1 hour ago, Black Mamba said:

I gotta laugh when all these unreliable sources, especially the Faux News-owned companies, all come after Madonna. First it was being found unresponsive, then it was “metaphorically kicking and screaming”/protesting the decision of being sent to the hospital (which you can’t do when you’re unresponsive), then it was hiding a fever for months, then it was being weak and uncontrollably vomiting after being sent home, and now it’s being revived with Narcan after being “dangerously close to death”. Funny how they keep changing the story because nothing they have sticks.

The latter was according to Radar Online, and I learned my lesson about them when they were reporting dumb and fake news about Cher earlier in the year. 

This 🤙

I think this is all planned. This announcement is the beginning of the tour. First she did an on stage fall. Now she does an ICU stay so everyone will cheer her on like they have never cheered for her before. it’s all part of the show. 

#businessdecision

#2stepsahead 

#changethegame 

#myconspiracyisbetter 

#obviouslyajokedont@me 

Do you still think “let Guy Oseary rest he must be stressed out”??? 

https://globalnews.ca/news/9815506/madonna-celebration-tour-2023-pause-confusion/

In a statement to Global News, Rogers Arena staff said the only information they have at this point is that the tour has been postponed and they cannot comment further.

Any mention of the tour has been removed from the arena’s website but Ticketmaster is still selling tickets to her shows.

Promoter Live Nation said in an email to Global News that as of Thursday, all dates on the tour are postponed.

Once a new date is announced, or if new dates aren’t announced within 60 days, fans will be able to request a refund, the company said

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

I think this is all planned. This announcement is the beginning of the tour. First she did an on stage fall. Now she does an ICU stay so everyone will cheer her on like they have never cheered for her before. it’s all part of the show. 

#businessdecision

#2stepsahead 

#changethegame 

#myconspiracyisbetter 

#obviouslyajokedont@me 

I never wanted anything more than all this to be true 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

I'm really deeply worried now (and disappointed, let me say it)

Wow, the whole thing stopped for the moment, if confirmed, is huge. I hope it's going to be corrected by Guy's next statement.

With this Live Nation email news we can't consider the idea they are trying to reschedule the tour and will make a statement when they can give a safe plan to people for the new concerts.

I'm more and more oriented to think that they are trying to verify her health situation in order to understand how to manage the tour commitment. She is recovering but not at the point they can start rescheduling her agenda.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Bacterial Infection Thread
  • Jackie locked this topic
  • Jackie unlocked this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic