Is Sex Book Art or Trash?

Donna

Sex Book  

106 members voted

1. 1. IS Sex Book Art or Trash?

• Donna changed the title to Is Sex Book Art or Trash?
7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

A HUGE mistake …. That’s all I have to say sorry - and you can beat me up as much as you like but it nearly killed her career not to mention overshadowed one of her best albums and single releases 🥹 

You're so right - an artist should always put their career first and ignore any artistic expression that may, god forbid, hurt a career...

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

A HUGE mistake …. That’s all I have to say sorry - and you can beat me up as much as you like but it nearly killed her career not to mention overshadowed one of her best albums and single releases 🥹 

I have the same opinion. SEX and Body of Evidence overshadowed Erotica album and IMO it was one of the biggest mistakes in her career. 

I think Erotica and the singles would have a better acceptance from the public if the backlash during that era wouldn't happened. 

Fever, Bad Girl, Deeper and Deeper and Rain were great singles choices. 

I said other. There are some very stunningly artistic photos in there, and their explicitness has no bearing on their beauty.

On the other hand there are some photos and especially prose that I feel she did solely to shock and get a rise out of people. I wouldn’t call that trash; just, idk, calculated? Publicity stunt-y?

Even though she suffered an unnecessary backlash and the brilliant Erotica was overlooked to an extent, I still think it was a wild and badass af thing to do. Almost nihilistic. I can’t think of anything that gonzo that any other comparatively major artist or star has done since.

She suffered for it but I respect her for going that extreme with it.