The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

4 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

The padding gets bigger night after night. She went overboard with it last night in the Versace jumpsuit. I don't get why she does that, she looked phenomenal in that costume the first night. Now it looks like that horrible shaped ass she had on that New year speech a few years ago... I really hope she doesn't get a new procedure after the tour cause she seems still obsessed with having a huge bizarre shapped ass.

Picsart-23-10-19-07-27-06-316.jpg

Picsart-23-10-19-07-29-15-853.jpg

Do you have a photo of her in a side profile, wearing the same outfit in the opening night?

23 hours ago, MPowered said:

I got the moves baby, you got the motion

If we got together we'd be causing a commotion

winnie-the-pooh-ariel.gif

Some of the backdrops are great but some performances could have been elevated if they had any. I think it’s a sign of which songs were late or more spontaneous additions.

It was KINDA but not certainly advertised as such. It was mostly promoted as a career celebration. I do agree however, that this tpur is quite low on the hits (not that I mind though. Most of her hits are overplayed/performed).

If only it didn’t have such a terrible setlist and flat-ass tour arrangements. That tour needed better song picks. 

Hung Up, Human Nature, Vogue, Like A Prayer & Candy Shop were all part of the previous tour. She even performed three of those in the same section AGAIN. 

At least 3 of them weren’t as integral to the show. They could have been replaced by other songs.

MY FAVORITE VERSION! I was so thrilled to hear it and not that damn Dance Mix again.

Yes that darn dance mix to death hahahahahahahaha.....  ow gonna listen to the EP AGAIN

8 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I don’t have any predictions for the new album,  just wishes.

And it was another member on here that thought it was going to be NRM for the opening - months and months ago. I just thought it was hilarious like everyone else and kept bringing it up to make fun of it. 

I DID expect Up Down Suite though, because it was the most played and loved track in the recent streaming release that it was a part of this past year. And it really is a song that represents her underground club life.

Yeah, I can't remember which member it was, but I thought the hope for this was delusional...I can't believe she actually opened with it :rip:

Was SO happy to hear Up Down Suite. It's such a hidden gem in her discography, and it sounds incredible in an arena. For that matter, all of her 90s house music does. Really hope she's feeling inspired to make another house type of album in the future, especially with her celebration of ballroom culture as a big centerpiece of this show...

15 minutes ago, missberic said:

Is this person supposed to be dressed as a version of her?

image.png.ba53915fe07adbeaad501ea8f61b2e9c.png

I've heard her going on about how she missed her and then give her a kiss, but I just thought it was some girl I didn't know lol

In Mary Gabriel's book it describes M in 1980/1 wearing boxer shorts, shoes and socks at gigs so presumably it's that?

On 10/15/2023 at 12:05 PM, ErickInTheZone said:

I agree with you, and I would also prefer to hear her singing everything live. However, her vocal quality has diminished over the years due to various factors, so I understand that now she may not be able to sustain an entire show with live singing. Moreover, after a tour during which she sang almost everything with the aid of live autotune, I would rather see her miming to her '82 vocals :lol:

What could have happened to her voice? It sounds weak and off. She could get singing lessons from the best teacher sin the world to learn how to use her voice. Guess shes not as disciplined anymore.

4 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

What could have happened to her voice? It sounds weak and off. She could get singing lessons from the best teacher sin the world to learn how to use her voice. Guess shes not as disciplined anymore.

She sounded great when I saw her on Saturday. And the overwhelming response I've heard from people who've been is that she sounds great.

35 minutes ago, missberic said:

Is this person supposed to be dressed as a version of her?

image.png.ba53915fe07adbeaad501ea8f61b2e9c.png

I've heard her going on about how she missed her and then give her a kiss, but I just thought it was some girl I didn't know lol

138383944-1-x.jpg

Look, she has the look here. Even the bandanna around her neck. I think i've seen some other pics where you can see the look much better.

I dont know if these links have been posted on here yet but I really enjoyed watching the show from this view. The light show is amazing and the audio sounds great to me. I think Madonna is giving everything she has night after night and I just hope she gets stronger as the tour goes on and doesnt wear down. I am so proud of her.

These links are from the second night. "Edited" Must be from the 3rd night.

Act 1   

Act 2  

Act 3   

Act 4  

Act 5  

Act 6  

Act 7 

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Edited by Burning Up 4 Madonna (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, bedtimestory said:

Amongst us Mariah fans, we can tell she has difficulty singing when she's using really tight straps/corsets (which is always lol) so it sounds like she's always out of breath and can barely finish a sentence. Maybe Madge is also fancying this kind of garment? It certainly doesn't help your breathing.

7 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

There are some early pics of M wearing thay outfit. There's one pic where she's with two guys, i think Martin Burguyone and a black Guy, they all spread their legs up. I can't find that pic but i find that's the one where she wears that outfit. Also the bandana around the neck M wears it on some black and white promo pics for Emmy.

Wow thanks, I had no idea. Wish she'd gone for a Lucky Star kinda outfit, would be more iconic and recognizable.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic