The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Ok I have only seen bits and pieces, don't want to spoil too much for myself but does anyone feel that this is not the show that DM was teasing us this whole week. Sure most of the tracks they teased were in (though no rain and no Of Father, which had me syched most of all) but judging from the setlist it seems very jarred and like exactly what one would suspect from a GH show. I didn't get the story arc apart from the very short bit in the beginning. I'm gonna have to let this sink in a bit

1 minute ago, me1981 said:

What is the opening? I feel like the streams started 30min in to the show. I don't think Nothing Really Matters opens the show right?

Yeah it's a bit of a glorious mess. The snippets kinda killed the vibe as I feel like the crowd didn't want to get too invested in case a song was going to get cut short. When ROL was on the crowd didn't seem that hyped and I loved that number.

I did expect Express Yourself. The 7" version would have been hot af

check my video

5 minutes ago, chle70 said:

Ending the show with GMAYL/BIM and Celebration (OK I understand this one - the tour's namesake) clearly shows she doesn't understand who her core audience is anymore.

She is fillings arenas so I think that she does understand more than you give her credit for.

So, is this the full setlist or are we missing something else apart from the moment the streaming was cut off?

Nothing Really Matters

Where's the Party? (Intro)/Everybody

Into the Hollywood Groove

Burning Up (Demo)

Open Your Heart

Holiday/I Want Your Love

In this Life/Live to Tell

Virgin Mary Intro

Like a Prayer

Act of Contrition/Unholy

Living for Love (Interlude)

Fever (Interlude)

Justify My Love (Intro)/Erotica (You Thrill Me)/Papa Don't Preach (Outro)

Justify My Love (Remix)/Fever (Outro)

Hung Up on Tokischa/Hung Up

Mercy James playing Piano

Bad Girl

Up Down Suite and Break My Soul elements into Vogue (Ballroom Scene)

Human Nature

Crazy for You

The Beast Within

Die Another Day

Don't Tell Me

Mother & Father

I Will Survive

La Isla Bonita

Don't Cry for Me, Argentina

I Don't Search I Find (Interlude)

Bedtime Story

Ray of Light (Sasha Ultra Violet Mix)

Justify My Love (Interlude)

Something missing?

Like a Virgin/Billie Jean

Bitch I'm Madonna/Give Me All Your Luvin' (Elements)

Celebration/Music and Bitch I'm Madonna elements

P.S.: That ending left me cold, though

4 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Nope A short version of Celebration and that was it. 

Not sure what I think about this whole show.  I mean she managed to hit a lot of sweet spots, but it just seemed the whole thing was all over the place.  The finale was very lack luster with Celebration. It was so short and then she just left.

Then again, maybe she had to cut that short being she did run over with technical difficulties.  But I doubt it.

Yes I agree, it felt really random and didn't flow in parts - the random addition of other songs didn't help either - I wasn't sure of what story she was telling - just felt like a random bunch of songs thrown together.

I loved it though - but feel some of the songs and the order could change to create a more cohesive show.

Just now, Jackie said:

Yes I agree, it felt really random and didn't flow in parts - the random addition of other songs didn't help either - I wasn't sure of what story she was telling - just felt like a random bunch of songs thrown together.

I loved it though - but feel some of the songs and the order could change to create a more cohesive show.

We know she cut a bit chunk after getting sick, so maybe the added more interlude filling and remove some of her activity in stage

5 minutes ago, me1981 said:

What is the opening? I feel like the streams started 30min in to the show. I don't think Nothing Really Matters opens the show right?

Yeah it's a bit of a glorious mess. The snippets kinda killed the vibe as I feel like the crowd didn't want to get too invested in case a song was going to get cut short. When ROL was on the crowd didn't seem that hyped and I loved that number.

I did expect Express Yourself. The 7" version would have been hot af

Yes, it opened with Nothing Really Matters.  She sang it. 

Just now, EgoRod said:

We know she cut a bit chunk after getting sick, so maybe the added more interlude filling and remove some of her activity in stage

This is very true and totally understand and all for it - just felt like a little random at times - I hope they review and re edit the order to create a better flow. Each song though was AMAZING! LIVING FOR IT!

1 minute ago, Dazedmadonna said:

So.. how are we feeling? :kiss2:

It feels choppy at moments but I think is great. The view from the stream was not good, I experience S&S like that and I hate it. On Tuesday I have decent seats closer to the action I think i will enjoy it. It was a nice warm up

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)