The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

3 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Never? I get a more serious vibe from the Re-Invention Tour and Rebel Heart performances. "True Blue" still gets regular radio airplay.

Yeah but even on these occasions were on guitar ,removing any intention from the original song. Of course True Blue gets regular play that's what i mean. But these are songs that I personally think with time she grow out from them. In the same way that she does LAV like a random  version every time. For example check how she approaches songs like LAP, LTT, ROL and this time Bad Girl and Nothing Really Matters, is clearly a more emotional attachment to them. She has lots of bops that  appeal to the GP and made her popular but it's clear they don't represent something more meaningful for her, hence they get the chop in this tour.

Just now, BlackPanther89 said:

Pretty good setlist overall but no Deeper & Deeper, Take a Bow or Beautiful Stranger. Why does she hate those songs

She dips into D&D in the past and there's' lots of Erotica already in here. I don't think she hate it at all. I believe the mini orgy moment was representing that transition in the GS to Why It's Hard

I'm a total emotional mess after seeing Live To Tell - the fact that Howard Brookner is featured - she has usually not talked about him, but he's someone that's always been close to my heart because I love his work and his life was cut so short....

Goosebumps during Papa Don't Preach and seeing that choreography. Chills during Rain.... NRM, Bedtime Story... Just....wow!

6 minutes ago, Frank said:

The show is just mindblowing. When u think she's done everything... She does this. Simply out of this world. I cried several times watching the stream. Can't wait for my Barcelona shows. She looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, most of the outfits r to die for!! That bodysuit?! Wow!! The cone corset?! Amazing. And the setlist: A DREAM.

Come close let me comfort you ....

In all seriousness,  I cried several times too. What a life our Madonna has had so far.

27 minutes ago, EgoRod said:

Yeah but even on this occasions were an guitar take removing any intention form the original song. Of course True Blue gets regular play that's what i mean. But these are songs that I personally think with time she grow out from them. In the same way that she does LAV like a random  version every time. For example check how she approaches songs like LAP, LTT, ROL and this time Bad Girl and Nothing Really Matters, is clearly a more emotional attachment to them. She has lots of bops that  appeal to the GP and made her popular but it's clear they don't represent something more meaningful for her, hence they get the chop in this tour.

Do you think Madonna cares much about “Rescue Me,” “I’ll Remember,” and “This Used to Be My Playground”? Those are pretty heartfelt or sentimental songs w/ some depth, and those were all hits. “Rescue Me” is so brilliant, such a gospel house stunner. I’m surprised she never gave any live performance (aside from the Madame X Tour interlude).

18 minutes ago, Frank said:

The show is just mindblowing. When u think she's done everything... She does this. Simply out of this world. I cried several times watching the stream. Can't wait for my Barcelona shows. She looks gorgeous, sounds amazing, most of the outfits r to die for!! That bodysuit?! Wow!! The cone corset?! Amazing. And the setlist: A DREAM.

I cried a lot watching NRM. Last night, she took me back to being 16 and listening to ROL non-stop. I can't imagine how I'm gonna react seeing it live.

Btw, isn't her entrance look based on the looks she wore for certain live presentations, like Sanremo, the National Lottery or the Telecinco special?

Just now, Nicmag said:

I cried a lot watching NRM. Last night, she took me back to being 16 and listening to ROL non-stop. I can't imagine how I'm gonna react seeing it live.

Btw, isn't her entrance look based on the looks she wore for certain live presentations, like Sanremo, the National Lottery or the Telecinco special?

I hadn't connected the look to those performances, but now that you mentioned, I guess so, she usually doesn't wear these things

30 minutes ago, BlackPanther89 said:

Pretty good setlist overall but no Deeper & Deeper, Take a Bow or Beautiful Stranger. Why does she hate those songs

I don't think she hates them, D&D has been performed in past tours, Beautiful Stranger was even sung in 2016 and I think she never found an opportunity to include Take a Bow in something until RHT, it's a pitty the song wasn't part of the official setlist

I'm completely mesmerized by the show. I wasn't expecting anything like this after the past two tours. Her vocals are on point, the stage is incredible, she looks stunning—finally, she looks like Madonna again. The setlist is full of great surprises, and I have no words to describe how I feel. I cried so much when I saw the first Nothing Really Matters video. The sensation was like, 'Yes that's what you've been living for.' Bad Girl for the very first time on tour, with Mercy on the piano, was the most beautiful thing in years. Bedtime Story was also a highlight for me, and I was not expecting this one. Anyways, each tour has its reasons to be loved, and this one has many already

12 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Do you think Madonna cares much about “Rescue Me,” “I’ll Remember,” and “This Used to Be My Playground”? Those are pretty heartfelt or sentimental songs w/ some depth, and those were all hits. “Rescue Me” is so brilliant, such a gospel house stunner. I’m surprised she never gave any live performance (aside from the Madame X Tour interlude).

I think is more related to what they mean for her. That's why we have so much Human Nature for example.

At the end of the day is so much she can packed in those 2 hours. It actually felt much faster than another shows and i think is because of the amount of content. If she has too choose between Live To tell and TUTBMYP to tell a story she might chose one not the other and so on. If we had 30 min more of show I bet some of these and some of the absent tracks will be there.

15 minutes ago, ErickInTheZone said:

I'm completely mesmerized by the show. I wasn't expecting anything like this after the past two tours. Her vocals are on point, the stage is incredible, she looks stunning—finally, she looks like Madonna again. The setlist is full of great surprises, and I have no words to describe how I feel. I cried so much when I saw the first Nothing Really Matters video. The sensation was like, 'Yes that's what you've been living for.' Bad Girl for the very first time on tour, with Mercy on the piano, was the most beautiful thing in years. Bedtime Story was also a highlight for me, and I was not expecting this one. Anyways, each tour has its reasons to be loved, and this one has many already

I so agree on this!!

I loved everything about the show except for the closing section. It obviously needs some changes. I think Secret (Junior Vasquez Remix) with Rescue Me, Deeper & Deeper, Express Yourself and Celebration to close out the show would be perfection. Absolute bangers and the crowd would go insane!

I love everything about this show. Even if she dances less she still do it after what she is past. Simply amazing. Her vocals are amazing, the setlist is full of good songs that deserve a better treatment. The costume, the idea of her reflecting on her past. Truly not a simple boring greatest hits tour, but a mature work for an immersive artist. Can’t wait to see her in Milan. Too bad she didn’t go into stadium for this. 

Bedtime Story is top tier Madonna.

I'm glad she knows it, regardless of what a chart said 80 years ago. The original song/music video/Brit Awards/ RIT video/ last night= all perfection. 

It's up there with Vogue for me.

She proved with that number and NRM that she could stand (or bike peddle) in place or do her little Hatsumomo shuffle and put on a great show. If you combine those moments/Bad Girl/ Rain in a Madame X theater setting, what a dream.

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)