The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

Whenever I see people on here waxing poetic about her vocals I sometimes have to wonder what vocal peak they're referring to when they talk about a decline. Love this woman to death but at no time have her vocals ever been her strongsuit. There have been periods and moments all throughout when she's sounded great but some of y'all act like she was once a Celine level vocalist who's collapsed down to barely being able to hold a note. 

13 hours ago, Burning Up 4 Madonna said:

Rumors of Madonna doing stadium shows this summer? @ 27:30 

The "rumours" are just fan-dreams circulating around forums such as this one, that's all he's referring to. There is nothing of any substance to suggest she's doing stadiums next year.

I don't know if i'm totally missing the point but to me she sings way better in this tour than most of her tour since Confessions. Now a backing track is nothing new and it's a good idea on a show where the artist performs and dance. For example, some live videos i've seen of Sticky & Sweet tour are a real nightmare for the ears. Next to it the Celebration tour is sublime. I'm honestly really surprise i keep reading fans concerned about her vocals on this tour because to me it's just the opposite. 

40 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I don't know if i'm totally missing the point but to me she sings way better in this tour than most of her tour since Confessions. Now a backing track is nothing new and it's a good idea on a show where the artist performs and dance. For example, some live videos i've seen of Sticky & Sweet tour are a real nightmare for the ears. Next to it the Celebration tour is sublime. I'm honestly really surprise i keep reading fans concerned about her vocals on this tour because to me it's just the opposite. 

Agree 

13 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

What I knew was this tour was to fund the 'autobiographic' movie, which will start shooting after the tour is over around fall 2024. Whether the plans changed I don't know, but I doubt we are getting an extension in stadiums. I'd love that though

Ooook, @Dazedmadonna thanks a lot for your precious info.

I don't know how I'm taking this honestly. I won't deny how suspicious I am about this movie, especially when I get that it needs to be funded elsewhere, after a long major companies work on it. She evidently is a music/live performer imo. Her works in other kind of storytelling languages came off messy and understandably immature. 

Anyway, the most important thing to me is that she knows we are craving for new music in the meanwhile ... craving :lol:

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

The "rumours" are just fan-dreams circulating around forums such as this one, that's all he's referring to. There is nothing of any substance to suggest she's doing stadiums next year.

Nothing of any substance to suggest she's doing stadiums next year that you know of.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:26 PM, Winn said:

There's something about Bedtime Story the masses never really went for. When that single came out I was living with a Billboard DJ and he used to get promo vinyl all the time. When he got the Madonna remixes, I kept on him about spinning them in the club he worked at and he always did until Bedtime Story. He said the mixes just weren't working, the crowd wasn't into them. He gave me the vinyl right then and there, which I cherish to this day bc it's the rarer Chapter II. He wouldn't give me Frozen though, which had some kind of rarer drum dub I'd still like to have!

That’s because the ORIGINAL album version was simply the best.  Bedtime Story remains the one single saddled with remixes that only diminished the brilliance of the song rather than enhanced.  The remixes made it sound generic and too much like everything else already out there.  These remain the one set of remixes I simply never found even one to like.  And I usually loved em all.

17 hours ago, Dazedmadonna said:

What I knew was this tour was to fund the 'autobiographic' movie, which will start shooting after the tour is over around fall 2024. Whether the plans changed I don't know, but I doubt we are getting an extension in stadiums. I'd love that though

If true that has probably changed considering the recent state of Hollywood

9 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

It’s 100% lip syncing though.

On 10/29/2023 at 7:25 AM, missberic said:

It's been said already, the whole show is live with a backup track, except for Everybody's choruses, Erotica and JML. You can clearly tell from multiple videos of all the dates.

I know, I was just asking his take since he said he was right by the speaker and could hear everything clearly. A ‘let’s set this straight once and for all’ inquiry.

8 hours ago, Markdonna said:

That’s because the ORIGINAL album version was simply the best.  Bedtime Story remains the one single saddled with remixes that only diminished the brilliance of the song rather than enhanced.  The remixes made it sound generic and too much like everything else already out there.  These remain the one set of remixes I simply never found even one to like.  And I usually loved em all.

Sadly you are wrong xo

There are quite a lot of sheep in the Madonna fanbase constantly using old sound bytes to express their thoughts, and they tend to parrot what they hear about Madonna’s vocals, her range, her abilities…She’s no Mariah! she’s no Whitney! She’s no Celine! She can’t sing. She can only “emote”. She’s good at being Madonna. 🙄 I mean, seriously. Grow up and get an opinion of your own and learn to express it using words that you didn’t pull from Truth Or Dare, or some 25 year old interview. It’s so stupid and boring. The vocal topic has become feverish ever since that demented, ugly English attention whore, the “honest” vocal coach (who can’t actually sing very well herself I might add) decided to turn her attention to Madonna once again for the clicks. She does this once or twice a year when her views start dwindling. An age old approach to getting attention when you aren’t doing anything noteworthy yourself is to start denigrating Madonna and sowing seeds of hate and doubt based upon questionable source material, in this case a diabolically poor quality fan recording. She’s a YouTube pariah who should go back to gorging herself on the mushy peas her face resembles. And yes. I’m mean and judgmental when it comes to these types of debates because that’s what they invite, and more importantly, what they deserve. Madonna wouldn’t have managed to sustain a 40-odd year career as a vocalist if she couldn’t sing. She moves. She gets nervous. She’s paying attention to choreography, technical cues, injuries, her children, the audience, security… She has health fluctuations while traveling from one climate to another on airplanes with recycled air and hotels and venues with central air. She’s human, and at 65 her stamina is well beyond the vast majority of people’s 25-30 years her junior. The narrative needs to shift here because if her fans perpetuate this crap, that’s the one that sticks. 

19 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I love her voice but she lip synchs on this tour. She doesn’t really sing much on it.

You should probably spend some time on someone you like, go outside, or do something with loved ones. It's kinda sad you keep coming here to make negative commentary, especially now that your posts regularly are ignored. You're not even that good at trolling. 

9 hours ago, MikeyK said:

I know, I was just asking his take since he said he was right by the speaker and could hear everything clearly. A ‘let’s set this straight once and for all’ inquiry.

I certainly was.

Pre-recorded songs are: Everybody (chorus), JML erotica, BIM (most) and maybe first verse of LAP

10 hours ago, Honey Little said:

It’s 100% lip syncing though.

Nope.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:22 PM, Voguerista said:

I agree. I’d take this performance over the original release. I love how emotional it is. 

On 10/29/2023 at 4:01 PM, True Blue 84 said:

I realy think she sounds fine during crazy for you most of the time, also for the majority of the tour so far. Nothing shockingly bad like eurovision 

Different kind of bad, it's just too high for her and needs bringing down.

On 10/29/2023 at 3:49 PM, McDonna said:

Not only that, her vocals aren't even that bad singing CFY.  Still, I am not even sure she was trying to sound perfect.  I feel she was supposed to emote some vulnerability, at this point, so even if she did sing flat or off key it flows with the journey she is taking us on. 

In all honesty they're not great.

On 10/29/2023 at 10:52 AM, FraP said:

She sounds bad in all 3 😅

The long high notes are always off-key. 

She sounded terrible singing it in Stockholm, but she did sound unwell.

5 hours ago, Honey Little said:

I love her voice but she lip synchs on this tour. She doesn’t really sing much on it.

For real ? I really need to check more videos cause she sounded really live with a little backing track behind from the videos i've seen. You mean that even the "live sounding vocals over the backing track" are mimmed ? Of so then i need to compare several videos of the same song to check if the "live voice" is unaturally identical. Can you show me some videos to prove that point ?

• RUADJAI changed the title to The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)