The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

7 hours ago, stefo said:

Yeah this is a fact also, you are right, I did not consider it :thumbsup:

Anyway, watching those videos with them in the crowd and neither a hand contact feels honestly weird. Who knows what really happened ...

If Madonna really didn't greet them or speak to them and I were in their shoes, no way I'd go see the show, especially if the lack of acknowledgment from Madonna hinted at underlying animosity. It's one thing to attend a concert of a friend, but entirely another if that friend seemingly can't stand you.

They surely weren't her slaves; they were fellow singers/musicians she worked with. Sure, she was the big shot who gave them work, but they were still colleagues and friends. If they were just audience members like me, that's really sad.

However, it's possible that there isn't as much animosity as it seems, since they went to her show.

And if there is, Madonna may have her reasons, we don't know... but we know our dream didn't come true... That's all!

Let's keep hoping 🍀

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

I just have a feeling Nikki ruined any kind of reconciliation when she started shooting her mouth off all those years ago, plus I still find her shady when she's giving interviews. Unfortunately Donna would just get tarnished with the Nikki association and I wouldn't be surprised they received front row tickets through an invite from Guy and nothing to do with Madonna.

What shady things did she say? Educate me on this please 

I don’t get all the fuss. They probably spoke backstage before the show and they for sure didn’t pay for their tickets. 
I’m happy for Kelly, she’s a true stan and in the past like at Rebel Heart it was Anderson Cooper that got to go onstage with M. It’s also great or since she will talk bout it on her show like she did the other day. 

1 hour ago, True Blue 84 said:

What did she say 

We don't know the full story, but it's pretty clear there was some fallout after the DWT. There's chatter that Niki caught heat from Madonna for putting on weight, and others buzz about money issues, like Madonna not paying her fairly. We know Madonna can be a bitch sometimes, so I'm not quick to throw shade at Niki.

But it's known that Niki was feeling salty during the Reinvention tour, quipping she would join Madonna again for a reinvention, not for a regurgitation. She might've thrown some not-so-kind words around then, she surely made a joke about Madonna's forced British accent and said that Kabbalah had brainwashed her. She also dished some gossip about Madonna's boyfriends from the 90s. All of this happened in 2004, around the time.

Over the last 10/15 years, she's mostly spoken positively, although it's apparent that something broke along the way.

That's all in the past. I've watched a bunch of Niki's recent clips, and these days, she's mostly singing Madonna's praises, reminiscing about the lessons learned and the good times. Yet, she can throw a bit of shade sometimes, always keeping it respectful, though.

In my opinion, though, something happened that somewhat damaged their relationship. She's been a good friend of Madonna's for a long time. We don't know if she had a reason to be upset in 2004.

56 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

I don’t get all the fuss. They probably spoke backstage before the show and they for sure didn’t pay for their tickets. 
I’m happy for Kelly, she’s a true stan and in the past like at Rebel Heart it was Anderson Cooper that got to go onstage with M. It’s also great or since she will talk bout it on her show like she did the other day. 

I'm also really happy that Kelly got up there. She's a die-hard Madonna fan, always geeking out on her TV shows, showcasing videos of her at concerts (I remember when Madonna handed her the mic during GI2M at the S&S). Kelly truly deserves it. And I'd rather see her as a guest judge than N&D, because seeing them just as judges holding up scorecards (where guests typically just react without really bringing their own flair to the stage) would have been a letdown.

What saddens me more, though, is if they were in the front row but didn't get to chat even a little with their old friend and colleague Madonna. That would be really disheartening and sad. Like, come on, move on and reconnect.

52 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

In 2004, she said she will be on stage with Madonna again when she will do a real reinvention and not regurgitation. And she said other things I don't remember :angry:

Yes, but I think that happened because there was some unresolved issue we're not aware of.

But that's water under the bridge now. Madonna reconciled with Elton John, who has been a total bitch for a decade and he definitely wasn't as close to her as N&D were. I don't see why she couldn't reconnect with them too.

Edited by FraP (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Sheridan1980 said:

I think it's the second option too. I can't see Madonna forgiving Niki for the crap she slobbered all over the press about her in 2004.

And if they did get backstage prior to the show they would have posted a pic from there on social media riight away instead of pics of them with the stage as background...

Niki, on top of her passive agressive interviews throughout the years, sided with Christopher when he did that book, liking his posts on FB and suporting him in the comments. 

As for Donna she apparently was a nightmare on Reinvention tour according to Siedah Garrett to whom she was a bitch from what Siedah said on Youtube. Siedah is Quincy Jones protegee, she did back up vocal for Madonna before Donna (on the True Blue album) she did thatduet with Michael and wrote Man in the Mirror, she did that duet "Don't look any further" so her accomplishments dwarf Donna's (and Niki's) so if Donna was difficult on tour it probably annoyed Madonna. 

And i don't see Madonna enjoying them still doing all these iinterviews about her and covers. Yet, maybe the coma june mellowed her...I'd rather have her forgive and aknowledge Erica Belle though. 

30 minutes ago, FraP said:

We don't know the full story, but it's pretty clear there was some fallout after the DWT. There's chatter that Niki caught heat from Madonna for putting on weight, and others buzz about money issues, like Madonna not paying her fairly. We know Madonna can be a bitch sometimes, so I'm not quick to throw shade at Niki.

Exactly. I'm friends with one of Madonna's close collaborators, who almost never shares anything with me because of contractual obligations not to discuss things that aren't publicly known. But every now and then, a little tidbit slips out. I've gathered that Madonna can be amazing but also has some personality flaws, just like the rest of us. She might be a bit dramatic, sometimes come across as narcissistic, and not take well to critical feedback, even if friendly. Niki probably has her flaws too. Let's withhold judgment.

30 minutes ago, FraP said:

I've watched a bunch of Niki's recent clips, and these days, she's mostly singing Madonna's praises, reminiscing about the lessons learned and the good times. Yet, she can throw a bit of shade sometimes, always keeping it respectful, though.

Yes, that's true. In recent years, Niki has been very respectful, though from some of her comments, it's clear there were issues between them, but it seems like Niki wants to move past them.

In any case, Niki is super charming and funny... it's great to hear her share stories about them three.

21 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

As for Donna she apparently was a nightmare on Reinvention tour according to Siedah Garrett to whom she was a bitch from what Siedah said on Youtube.

Here too, we only know one side of the story. Donna never spoke a word about it, but it's true she never got a step out.

Garrett shares that Donna felt envious because she felt overlooked by Madonna. She mentioned hearing complaints from Donna from other people about not getting a solo after 17 years together, while Garrett did.

However, Donna continued through the CT and concluded her collaboration with Madonna on good terms, for personal reasons alone. So that's speculation

The Madonna's boyfriends cheap low brow TV show N shouldtve done really. Surely she wouldve made enough working with M all those years not to stoop to that. In her interview she went on about Madonna liking big dicks from what I remember. (As if we havent noticed) It mightve even been big Black dicks, someone remind us. :laughing: She mustve been paid pennies for that, it wasnt a classy retrospective. 

I wonder if Madonna knew they were there or recognized them/made eye contact LOL. I think this will bring some more attention to their shows/interviews saying the same vague things about Madonna. so good on them!

Next time they should bring Sandra Bernhard too. :Madonna031:

It's been over 25 years, if last night doesn't make us move on, nothing will. Thank God I'm not Madonna and I don't need to invite coworkers from 2 decades ago or people will say I treated them like slaves! :Madonna032:

January 8, 2024    Boston                                TD Garden                              Just Madonna alone.
January 9, 2024          Boston                                TD Garden                                    Maggie Rogers
January 11, 2024    Toronto     Canada             Scotiabank Arena           Sapphira Cristál
January 12, 2024        Toronto     Canada             Scotiabank Arena                       Viktor Peters  Veruschka
January 15, 2024    Detroit    United State     Little Caesars Arena                   Angel Tyler
January 18, 2024        Montreal    Canada                 Bell Centre                               Mother Elle Barbara
January 20, 2024       Montreal      Canada            Bell Centre                                    DJ MARY MAC
January 22, 2024       New York City  United States Madison Square Garden     Jose Gutierez Xtravaganza
January 23, 2024       New York City  United States Madison Square Garden     Amy Schumer    
January 25, 2024    Philadelphia    Wells Fargo Center                             Kevin Jz Prodigy
January 29, 2024    New York City    Madison Square Garden                    Kelly Ripa

https://www.instagram.com/kellyripa/

https://www.instagram.com/stories/kellyripa/3291474007663220751/

2024.01.29 Kelly Ripa.JPG

Kooste.JPG

Madonna hardly looks at the audience in that part of the stage. In Milan, on November 25th, right in the front row in front of her, when she was singing I Will Survive, some people fainted and there was a lot of security movement. She didn't even glance over, haha

Something that many people should understand is that the relations artists have are still human ! I mean, all these theories which are floating around about Nikki and Donna are nonsense. I happen to know Donna because I have worked in the past with her. These women as well as Madonna know really good what they’re doing. You are mistaking them for someone else I guess 😅 All is good, there’s no feud. They enjoyed the show, the vibes, their godmother and tomorrow is Wednesday. Love y’all 😉😍.

Its quite hard to see up on stage, especially concentrating on so many other things too. So much to look at and think about and really depending on lighting you can only see a few Meters., At the edge of the stage a few rows in an arena unless lit up. 

8 minutes ago, Lorx said:

Madonna hardly looks at the audience. In Milan, on November 25th, right in the front row in front of her, when she was singing I Will Survive, some people fainted and there was a lot of security movement. She didn't even glance over, haha

I will survive she's not stood at the end of the stage, I doubt shed even see that far into the audience way in front of her. 

7 minutes ago, scallywally said:

Its quite hard to see up on stage, especially concentrating on so many other things too. So much to look at and think about and really depending on lighting you can only see a few Meters., At the edge of the stage a few rows in an arena unless lit up. 

I will survive she's not stood at the end of the stage, I doubt shed even see that far into the audience way in front of her. 

Yes, but it's not a criticism. It's just that at the end of the runway, she arrives a little and anyway she is focused, often looks generically without really looking at the audience. She looks more at the audience right before Burning Up

1 minute ago, Lorx said:

Yes, but it's not a criticism. It's just that at the end of the runway, she arrives a little and anyway she is focused, often looks generically without really looking at the audience. She looks more at the audience right before Burning Up

Oh I know love. Wasnt aiming anything at you, im not like some others lol. Believe me id be as blind as a bat! Id fall off the stage after 10 mins. 

6 minutes ago, Salida said:

❤️

Seeing her being so emotional is so touching. She was always like a superhero to me, a person who's immune to every obstacle in her life & career. And now she's standing there crying and telling us how close she was to dying and how weak and vulnerable she was. The moment she told the crowd to turn their lighters on and one after another turned them on is so beautiful. 

7 hours ago, Joseebus said:

She never acknowledged the girls, according to my friend. I guess they said their hellos backstage.

I suspected as much!  They had their moment with her privately.  Maybe they preferred it that way!  If they were going to perform something together, they would have done extra rehearsals.  I'm sure they weren't prepared for that!