The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

3 hours ago, FraP said:

But her hands play the right notes, I know because I watched her carefully.

I don't think she doesn't play the piano. There's no single reason to say she's not playing, no single proof of that.

Of course she's playing.  It's weird some are saying otherwise.  Her solo is definitely LIVE... but like Madonna she's playing along with a recording on Bad Girl. 

At :49 Mercy's hands are not on the piano but it keeps playing or maybe is a different instrument? The piano sounds exactly the same on every clip would be surprised what we hear is what she is playing? But I don't care I love this performance the best of the whole show along with Nothing Really Matters 

30 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

At :49 Mercy's hands are not on the piano but it keeps playing or maybe is a different instrument? The piano sounds exactly the same on every clip would be surprised what we hear is what she is playing? But I don't care I love this performance the best of the whole show along with Nothing Really Matters 

I tought that to at first. But after a 2nd watch and listen i realized that sounds its just a twinkle kind of sound in the backing track, its not a piano imo... 

34 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Once again, Mercy is playing her solo live.  As for Bad Girl, Mercy is playing along with a backing track as Madonna is singing along with a vocal backing track. 

12 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

But it's not even a piano sound. I realized that at a 2nd listen.. 

Well, I was referring through the whole song.  I wouldn't be surprised if Mercy is playing along with the backing track which may have piano on it as well.  Just like Madonna singing along with the backing track that has her vocals on it.  Do you see what I'm saying? 

The idea she isn't playing at all is just completely false.  She's playing that piano and it's definitely her during her solo.  But I never thought she was the solo piano player on the Bad Girl performance, but I'm sure she's playing along with the track.  :)

14 hours ago, Donna said:

Of course she's playing.  It's weird some are saying otherwise.  Her solo is definitely LIVE... but like Madonna she's playing along with a recording on Bad Girl. 

Can you imagine what it means to play a piano on playback, pressing the piano keys? The piano would still make a sound of a certain intensity that would be heard. Moreover, she is playing the correct notes, and it's obvious to anyone who has ever played a piano in their life.

So, it makes no sense to think that she is playing on playback. It's a completely nonsensical and baseless idea that I wonder how it could occur to anyone. By the way, I think Lola was also playing live at the Sticky and Sweet Tour.

9 hours ago, FraP said:

Can you imagine what it means to play a piano on playback, pressing the piano keys? The piano would still make a sound of a certain intensity that would be heard. Moreover, she is playing the correct notes, and it's obvious to anyone who has ever played a piano in their life.

There is such thing as a silent piano . The hammers don’t hit the strings at all, instead a sensor captures the movement of the keys and so it can output the sound digitally which means you could play and listen to on headphones. So it’s quite possible Mercy would be hearing her own playing through in ear monitors while the audience hears pre-recorded piano playback instead.

Im not suggesting I agree it’s not her playing we are hearing, I have never thought about it or watched her closely . But it’s certainly a possibility. There could be technical reasons why they prefer to do it that way, to simplify the mixing process or bypass having to tune the piano regularly which would be an added expense for just 1 song. I don’t know enough about those things though to comment about that. It is certainly true that it sounds note perfect every night.

Ok wow, so we're gonna have two professional recordings of the show! This is amazing and makes still more sense the rumour M was rehearsing Music in Austin, she could really make some small chenges or additions. 

Well, this means that wigs, skirts and especially setlists are gonna be essential these days ... I See Writing GIF by PBS

And it MUST be Rain!!