The Celebration Tour (Spoilers)

Donna

5 hours ago, mirtillo said:

Good Morning everybody!

Yesterday I wrote:

Tonight Vogue's Judge (with Speedy Gonzales pics)

This message was deleted beacuse some users felt offended.

It was a Joke! Nothing against Wendy, Mexican People and transgender. Do you understand?!

I made the same thing with Denver Show (I posted a pic of Denver Dinosaur) and Rio Show (Rafael Alencar pic)

In my country, Speedy Gonzales is most popular and is associated with Mexico - It's a symbol. Like the cactus!

Where are you from? 

So a Dinosaur or the world biggest dick is compared to a mouse or a cactus?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-17/speedy-gonzales-cancelled-hollywood-mexican-americans

Pancho Villa? Emiliano Zapata? Vicente Fernandez?

Try Speedy Gonzales.

The Warner Bros. cartoon mouse debuted in 1953 and immediately became a hit on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border. His plots were always simple — Speedy antagonized Sylvester the Cat and other assorted felines, usually in a dispute involving cheese — but effective.

Problematic. A stereotype. No doubt about it. 

His name comes from a popular 1950s-era anti-Mexican sex joke. The non-Latino voice actor Mel Blanc voiced “the fastest mouse in all of Mexico” with a stereotypical accent and nonsense Spanglish. The typical Speedy plot casts him as a thief and a cad, and his fellow Mexican mice as lazy, drunk and happily living amongst trash. Did I mention the sombrero? It’s as big as his body. Sombreros are big — but not that big.

Speedy turned into a pariah in the decades after his heyday, placed by Hollywood executives and pundits in the same racist purgatory of Old Hollywood as Stepin Fetchit, “We don’t need no steenkin’ badges,” and Charlie Chan. ABC banned him from its airwaves during the 1980s “because the title character presents a stereotypical image that is not offset by any other Latino television characters,” according to a 1981 Los Angeles Times story. The Cartoon Network did the same in the late 1990s. Recently, New York Times columnist Charles Blow said Speedy cartoons “helped popularize the corrosive stereotype of the drunk and lethargic Mexicans

3 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Agreed. I think there are higher highs on other tours for sure, but this is the best Madonna show overall of any of her's I've seen, Confessions-onwards (though I missed S&S). I do think there are faults for sure (it's egregious that she left out Music and Like a Virgin lol...and *that* ending), but she should be damn proud of this show.

I will say that I think it's her best entrance of all her tours. It's such a different approach to opening her shows, and having her just appear out of nowhere almost instantly after Bob is so epic. 

Don't you dare say anything bad about the ending... :tongue: #justkidding

I really loved the ending! When the dancers came back singing "L-U-V MADONNA", I got crazy and started the choreography by myself as well :silly: Seeing all of them characterized as one of her many re-inventions made me kinda emotional, as each of them reminded me of a particular time of my life :) Another song, or even better a proper banger, would have been more exciting to close the show, yes, but I do think that BIM (the song and the performance) suits perfectly with the message of the whole concert, about celebrating her career and the impact she made on the world throughout these 40 years :hearteyes:

4 hours ago, mirtillo said:

Me too! It's crazy for me!

So if I use Slurs such as greaseball, greaser fascist, guido, gook, wop, and whore are linguistic expressions that are primarily used and understood to derogate certain group members on the basis of their descriptive features (such as their race-based or sex-based description) and expressions of this kind have been considered by many to pack some of the nastiest punches natural language has to offer that I didn’t know where offensive to Italian people that I didn’t know I’m ok? 

I had to look them up, so that frees me of any guilt? 

Or if I use the N word to refer to black people because that has a different meaning in Mexico or gringo that’s ok?

Good to know I didn’t know it was that easy. 

Just don’t use to win a case in court because ignorance doesn’t mean innocence under the law

Now that this is clarify let go back on topic and contribute to this beautiful thread

Just one last note the before @Enricoor @mirtillosay that Latinos are super clean people

On August 4th, 2015, English television personality Kelly Osbourne[1] was guest-hosting The View when the co-hosts began to discuss Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's immigration stance. Osbourne joined the topic by asking the question "In what way does he think that people are going to vote for him after he's just called them rapists and murderers?" she said. "If you kick every Latino out of this country, then who is going to be cleaning your toilet, Donald Trump?" 
IMG-8304.jpg

Honesty I don’t know how Madonna does it, she’s 65 and gives five shows in a week, goes to dinner, rehearsals, parties and is giving 10000000% (that number doesn’t exist I know) and I’m completely exhausted destroyed and will be unable to function at work today. 

@Pedro Beltran I honestly don't understand why you are still pointing your finger at me. We just said that in Italy the controversy around the cartoon wasn't known, and now you are accusing us of ignorance in general about Latin people? Believe me, Italians are very easily object of stereotypes. I hid the posts, the member explained that it wasn't meant to be racist, I think everything is ok now.

Let's move on please and enjoy the Mexican shows!

As much as i love all the Mexico dates so far, i still hope they use not only audio from Mexico, because imo there are better dates vocal wise. And sure she sounds good on those Mexico dates, but there are more nights where she sounded even better imo... 

Audience wise Mexico wins... Also the energie she's giving is so good at the Mexico dates.  

Any videos from April 24?... 

Love to see them. 

7 minutes ago, Enrico said:

@Pedro Beltran I honestly don't understand why you are still pointing your finger at me. We just said that in Italy the controversy around the cartoon wasn't known, and now you are accusing us of ignorance in general about Latin people? Believe me, Italians are very easily object of stereotypes. I hid the posts, the member explained that it wasn't meant to be racist, I think everything is ok now.

Let's move on please and enjoy the Mexican shows!

@Enricoim not trying or intending to point the finger at you, I’m trying to give the facts of what’s happening in the social construct, citing authors and sources, I’m sorry if you felt instigated. I’m a PhD in research and social studies so trying to provide all information possible might come off as to hard but I’m just trying to inform and paint a clearer picture 

Everything is ok, I’m not angry or offended in the least and as you say let’s move on and keep enjoying the Mexican Shows

3 minutes ago, Pedro Beltran said:

@Enricoim not trying or intending to point the finger at you, I’m trying to give the facts of what’s happening in the social construct, citing authors and sources, I’m sorry if you felt instigated. I’m a PhD in research and social studies so trying to provide all information possible might come off as to hard but I’m just trying to inform and paint a clearer picture 

Everything is ok, I’m not angry or offended in the least and as you say let’s move on and keep enjoying the Mexican Shows

Well if you read it again, the Kelly Osborne post sounded very sarcastic towards us.

BTW I have a PhD in Ancient History so I think I can read sources  ;)

Let's move on! Viva Italia, viva Mexico!

3 hours ago, Pedro Beltran said:

Where are you from? 

So a Dinosaur or the world biggest dick is compared to a mouse or a cactus?

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-17/speedy-gonzales-cancelled-hollywood-mexican-americans

Pancho Villa? Emiliano Zapata? Vicente Fernandez?

Try Speedy Gonzales.

The Warner Bros. cartoon mouse debuted in 1953 and immediately became a hit on both sides of the U.S.-Mexico border. His plots were always simple — Speedy antagonized Sylvester the Cat and other assorted felines, usually in a dispute involving cheese — but effective.

Problematic. A stereotype. No doubt about it. 

His name comes from a popular 1950s-era anti-Mexican sex joke. The non-Latino voice actor Mel Blanc voiced “the fastest mouse in all of Mexico” with a stereotypical accent and nonsense Spanglish. The typical Speedy plot casts him as a thief and a cad, and his fellow Mexican mice as lazy, drunk and happily living amongst trash. Did I mention the sombrero? It’s as big as his body. Sombreros are big — but not that big.

Speedy turned into a pariah in the decades after his heyday, placed by Hollywood executives and pundits in the same racist purgatory of Old Hollywood as Stepin Fetchit, “We don’t need no steenkin’ badges,” and Charlie Chan. ABC banned him from its airwaves during the 1980s “because the title character presents a stereotypical image that is not offset by any other Latino television characters,” according to a 1981 Los Angeles Times story. The Cartoon Network did the same in the late 1990s. Recently, New York Times columnist Charles Blow said Speedy cartoons “helped popularize the corrosive stereotype of the drunk and lethargic Mexicans

Thank you so much, I really needed this and I can certainly get how offensive the stereotype is. Here in Italy I never heard about it. This is one of the reasons why I love to get in touch with people around the world, connected by common passions, we help each other to see things :heart:

EDIT: in the meanwhile there's a Madonna bridge over here 

440479813_845379630960529_38057229082027

Now that I see that some are talking about things that have nothing to do with the show: I am Mexican and I have never felt offended by Speedy Gonzales, only snowflake gringos feel offended because everything offends them and they feel they have the right to tell us Mexicans what is offensive to us and what is not, as if we were idiots, fuck them! 😂😂😂

bitch please GIF

Now talking about the show: a friend who got a seat far from the stage managed to record a crane with a camera recording the concert last night so without a doubt we will have "The Celebration Tour Live in Mexico City"!!! 👸🏼🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽 (And maybe it will be mixed up with LA footage as well 😂 but whatever!, Madame X Tour was a mix between Lisbon and Paris (and some other cities) and it was pretty decent!).

1 hour ago, stefo said:

Thank you so much, I really needed this and I can certainly get how offensive the stereotype is. Here in Italy I never heard about it. This is one of the reasons why I love to get in touch with people around the world, connected by common passions, we help each other to see things :heart:

Oooo gurl ain’t no troubled water under that bridge henny

1 hour ago, stefo said:

I am not familiarized with Zona Sul, is it the Rebouças Tunnel or the Santa Bárbara Tunnel???

47 minutes ago, Rebel Hugo said:

Now talking about the show: a friend who got a seat far from the stage managed to record a crane with a camera recording the concert last night so without a doubt we will have "The Celebration Tour Live in Mexico City"!!! 👸🏼🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽🇲🇽 (And maybe it will be mixed up with LA footage as well 😂 but whatever!, Madame X Tour was a mix between Lisbon and Paris (and some other cities) and it was pretty decent!).

oh cool please see if you can get it and upload it :)

• Enrico unfeatured this topic