Madonna at the Grammys

Blue Jean

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She don’t need no Grammys… that dying awards show needs her more than she needs them. The only thing I remember from last years awards were when everyone kept talking shit about her face. She doesn’t need that shit this year!

Edited by Black Mamba (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Scottyx said:

The way Taylor didn't even acknowledge Celine. I dunno, something about that girl never sits right with me.

I was happiest for Miley Cyrus tonight.

The look of disgust on everyone’s faces when TS won :laughing:

Miley really stole the night, there’s no doubt about it. And Joni Mitchell. THAT was a moment. And a reminder of why TS doesn’t deserve all these accolades (which have been bought.)

Also what was with her dragging Lana up there. That poor woman snubbed again. Taylor had to give her a shout out but it was so awkward. Aside from that everything she said was big noting herself “the shot lists I create for my videos.” Well that explains why video have become trash.

11 minutes ago, Scottyx said:

Lana did not want to go up there. It was so uncomfortable. Taylor has this way of just rubbing it in people's faces. I don't know if it is intentional or what but it is not the first time.

I suppose it is awkward for Taylor too. But I think Lana would rather have not had the spotlight on her in that moment.

1 hour ago, Alibaba said:

To me, Taylor Swift is insufferable. She seems spoiled, disingenuous, immature, and entitled. I find her music mediocre at best, and her live performances are a travesty. I think after the changing of the guard at the end of the 2000’s with the arrival of people like Lady Gaga there was a rejection of the mystique of the untouchable star, and everyone had to become accessible and cater to the fan base and public. I believe Madonna suffered a lot as a result of this as she was suddenly characterized as looking down her nose at her public. But Taylor Swift is what resulted from that. This “every girl” who has the same idiot emotional spectrum as her overgrown fans. She’s 34 writing poetry straight out of a Dear Diary for Dummies that you’d expect from 14 year-olds, and the generalized infantilism of young adults in today’s culture means they hail her a genius of authenticity and relatability. The standards are unbelievably subpar nowadays, and having a juggernaut of popular music history like Joni Mitchell perform tonight only further emphasized the contrast. All just opinions, for sure, and while Swift irks me when I see her, I have to say she’s also usually quite easy to ignore. While I’m sure she didn’t intend to so blatantly disrespect Celine Dion by grabbing her award from her without acknowledging her with even eye contact, it just serves as an example of everything I suspected about her…that her head is ultimately so far up her own ass that she can’t help herself .

There is room for many types still. Madonna does have that trait with fans, more of a tease than looking down her nose but did whatever it was to herself via a narcissistic Instagram/SM presence, ignoring many fans and sometimes compromising her artistic visions. Taylor obviously fills a valid space, including her personal lyrics (you really cant genuinely question the song writing talent) and not needing to be cool like M falls into the trap of still. I have learned to appreciate her honesty, smarts, fun and simplicity compared to M but she may only be guilty of trying too hard to please too many tonight, kindness sometimes backfires or is awkward.  

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Taylor Swift scares me. She's that mean girl person. The way she's daily and worldwidely pushed down our throats with her love life and saint like behaviour is nauseating. Most people (especially outside of the usa) can't name one of her songs and even when they get Shake It off out their mouths they can't remember the lyrics or the tune. She must have a very strong PR machine because the scrutiny she's subjected to daily does not seem to bother her, except when she's not in control of it. She's that breed of new popstars like Gaga and Beyoncé where everything is calculated, under control, sterile and fake. There's something totalitarian about them.

that's more or less what they said about madonna back in the days...

5 hours ago, cyberrage said:

There is room for many types still. Madonna does have that trait with fans, more of a tease than looking down her nose but did whatever it was to herself via a narcissistic Instagram/SM presence, ignoring many fans and sometimes compromising her artistic visions. Taylor obviously fills a valid space, including her personal lyrics (you really cant genuinely question the song writing talent) and not needing to be cool like M falls into the trap of still. I have learned to appreciate her honesty, smarts, fun and simplicity compared to M but she may only be guilty of trying too hard to please too many tonight, kindness sometimes backfires or is awkward.  

Yes I can question the talent. She is an ok songwriter. But come on. Compare her lyrics to that of Joni. Or Jewel when she was only 16 years old. Or even Billie Eilish. She is just not as good as basic white america thinks she is. Everything she does , there are many who can do it better. So we are baffled as to why she wins these awards and gets so much praise.

Perhaps the album 1989 deserved album of the year. But not this one by a mile. It’s absurd. It’s as if all the old white men voted for her just because she’s so hyped/talked about. Which really brings in to question the credibility of this award show,

29 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes I can question the talent. She is an ok songwriter. But come on. Compare her lyrics to that of Joni. Or Jewel when she was only 16 years old. Or even Billie Eilish. She is just not as good as basic white america thinks she is. Everything she does , there are many who can do it better. So we are baffled as to why she wins these awards and gets so much praise.

Because she promotes her work. She shows up to events. She rubs elbows with the recording academy and people in the industry. Just like the Oscars, the Grammys is a dick sucking contest. You can't just put a project out and expect to get nominated and win. You have to work for it.

Beyonce could win AOTY, she just doesnt put the effort in it to do so.

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

I just have a feeling we won’t see M at the Grammy’s for a while. The most used picture of her is that god awful edited one from last year with her face, and all the press about it. I feel like I would be like fuck that noise I’m not going LOL. 

I agree! Plus, if she had went to the Grammy’s, it would have kept her up super late last night which wouldn’t have been good idea with a show tonight.