Unreleased Music Videos

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She doesn't have many unreleased videos, right? And they all have leaked over the years anyway. I can only think of:

- "Erotica" Uncensored Version

- "Dark Ballet" Alternative Version with more "her" on it

Plus there was unused footage with different sets and/or looks on "Secret" and "Hollywood" but that's it.

We were promised alternate footage of "Justify My Love" on the "Celebration" DVD but I think that was just a mistake from the label.

29 minutes ago, Prayer said:

We were promised alternate footage of "Justify My Love" on the "Celebration" DVD but I think that was just a mistake from the label.

In their defense, they did give us that

The censor bar was the alternate footage! :Madonna017:

Not the alternate footage we wanted/deserved, but the one that we got

Although no music video was officially confirmed or produced, media outlets reported that a music video for "Superstar" was to be shot in October 2012. Madonna wanted to dress as a "Terror Bride", which is a combination of an Iraqi bridal veil and a US soldier's uniform. The dress was to be portrayed as a statement for oppression against women and warfare. However, the singer's advisers talked her out of wearing the costume because they thought it would "put her life at risk". Sources then stated "[Madonna] had the outfit ready to go. She was really proud of it and said it was her 'Terror Bride' costume [...] At first, when people started telling her it was madness, she just brushed it off, but when they mentioned that her actions could put her life at risk, she decided to ditch it from her video and certainly won't be wearing it on stage." Madonna said she was "really disappointed" about not wearing the outfit, but had put aside the idea for a future use

Rumored video for Holiday that photos on set were used for i-D magazine. I think someone debunked that though.

Angel never had a video but I'm curious if there was at least a video treatment drafted.

Like a Prayer there were alternate scenes filmed of her diving off some high diving board but footage wasnt used because she allegedly looked like a shivering rat. Not sure if it was meant for the "Oh God I Think I'm falling" scene.

Cherish read the past some fans were CONVINCED that the first airing or two the video was in full color.

Now I'm Following You...this one actually had an article about the studio she filmed it in. Not sure if it was Liz Smith who did the article but they showed the outside of the studio.

Erotica...she was contemplating Bye Bye Baby so obviously one was never filmed however I'm willing to bet this one for sure had a video treatment drafted if she was on the fence of doing one.

Thief of Hearts...one was never filmed but there was a rumor she wanted to film a video for it with strippers at a strip club. Not sure at what point in the album cycle this was.

Bedtime Story...Forbidden Love had a treatment drafted involving an affair with a priest 

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Rumored video for Holiday that photos on set were used for i-D magazine. I think someone debunked that though.

Angel never had a video but I'm curious if there was at least a video treatment drafted.

Like a Prayer there were alternate scenes filmed of her diving off some high diving board but footage wasnt used because she allegedly looked like a shivering rat. Not sure if it was meant for the "Oh God I Think I'm falling" scene.

Cherish read the past some fans were CONVINCED that the first airing or two the video was in full color.

Now I'm Following You...this one actually had an article about the studio she filmed it in. Not sure if it was Liz Smith who did the article but they showed the outside of the studio.

Erotica...she was contemplating Bye Bye Baby so obviously one was never filmed however I'm willing to bet this one for sure had a video treatment drafted if she was on the fence of doing one.

Thief of Hearts...one was never filmed but there was a rumor she wanted to film a video for it with strippers at a strip club. Not sure at what point in the album cycle this was.

Bedtime Story...Forbidden Love had a treatment drafted involving an affair with a priest 

The swimming pool scene wasn't from the Like a Prayer music video, it was from one of three Pepsi commercials that was shot, but remain unreleased after what happened with the first commercial that aired. 

1 hour ago, TheGoth said:

The swimming pool scene wasn't from the Like a Prayer music video, it was from one of three Pepsi commercials that was shot, but remain unreleased after what happened with the first commercial that aired. 

Ahh interesting! So there were other ads filmed?

The fights she and Rosenblatt had to fight with Warner in the beginning for them to care for her a little bit and throw some money for promo and videos. Gosh. No one in there took her seriously until "Holiday" gained traction and "Borderline" exploded later.

But I'm sure all the big suits were taking the honors for her massive success a year and a half later ("yes, we always knew", etc.).

I don't think that there ever was a video that was shot and went completely unreleased. The only thing that comes to my mind is the unreleased S.E.X. backdrop video for the Rebel Heart Tour. Otherwise some alternate edits went unreleased like Dark Ballet, but that happens a lot with music videos in general. However, some tracks that were supposed to have videos never did, and some concepts were completely changed.

-A music video was initially planned for "Angel", but it was later cancelled due to multiple Madonna videos already airing and competing for broadcast time. A montage of videos was made instead and aired in the UK.

-"Bad Girl" was initially going to be the second single of Erotica, promoted with an X-rated video, but the singles schedule switched after the lead single didn't sell as well as they wanted to. "Deeper and Deeper" was instead released as the second single and by the time "Bad Girl" was released, the concept for the video completely changed.

-"Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" was planned to be the second single from Ricky Martin's album with a video and remixes to promote it. Since Madonna was too busy at the time to shoot a music video, the song was never released as a single.

-Back when Warner wanted to release "Amazing" as Music's fourth single, they planned to use Madonna's live performance from the Drowned World Tour as the music video to promote it. However, Madonna wanted "Impressive Instant" as a single, so the song was cut from the setlist of the tour and neither of them were released.

-"Nothing Fails" was heavily rumored to have a music video planned to be shot in Israel with Kabbalah imagery (which her representatives thought could have put her life at risk). At the end, no video was shot for the song.

-The original video for "Hung Up" was set to be shot by David LaChapelle in a documentary style, similar to his movie Rize in which some of the dancers from the final "Hung Up" video appear. However creative differences between Madonna and him led this concept to be scrapped. The final video that we have was directed by Johan Renck.

-Madonna really wanted Quentin Tarantino to shoot a music video for Gang Bang, but this never materialized.

-During the time "Superstar" was supposed to be the 4th single of MDNA, Madonna was going to shoot a music video for it around October 2012. She was going to wear a "Terror Bride" costume in it, which she was really proud of, but was advised to not wear it as it would put her life at risk and at the end, no video was ever made. Superstar was instead released as a promo single.

-"Devil Pray" was at some point considered to be a single during the Rebel Heart era (ended up being a promo single) and a video script was written by Joseph Kahn which involved a young Madonna and an older Madonna. No video was ever shot at the end.

-After popular demand, it seemed that Madonna was on board to shoot a music video for "Faz Gostoso", with her putting the hashtag #waitingforanitta on many instagram posts, despite initially saying that she had no budget left for the Madame X era videos at the time. In the end, no video was shot.

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I don't think that there ever was a video that was shot and went completely unreleased. Sure, some alternate edits went unreleased like Dark Ballet, but that happens a lot with music videos in general. However, some tracks that were supposed to have videos never did, and some concepts were completely changed.

-A music video was initially planned for "Angel", but it was later cancelled due to multiple Madonna videos already airing and competing for broadcast time. A montage of videos was made instead and aired in the UK.

-"Bad Girl" was initially going to be the second single of Erotica, promoted with an X-rated video, but the singles schedule switched after the lead single didn't sell as well as they wanted to. "Deeper and Deeper" was instead released as the second single and by the time "Bad Girl" was released, the concept for the video completely changed.

-"Be Careful (Cuidado Con Mi Corazon)" was planned to be the second single from Ricky Martin's album with a video and remixes to promote it. Since Madonna was too busy at the time to shoot a music video, the song was never released as a single.

-Back when Warner wanted to release "Amazing" as Music's fourth single, they planned to use Madonna's live performance from the Drowned World Tour as the music video to promote it. However, Madonna wanted "Impressive Instant" as a single, so the song was cut from the setlist of the tour and neither of them were released.

-"Nothing Fails" was heavily rumored to have a music video planned to be shot in Israel with Kabbalah imagery (which her representatives thought could have put her life at risk). At the end, no video was shot for the song.

-The original video for "Hung Up" was set to be shot by David LaChapelle in a documentary style, similar to his movie Rize in which some of the dancers from the final "Hung Up" video appear. However creative differences between Madonna and him led this concept to be scrapped. The final video that we have was directed by Johan Renck.

-Madonna really wanted Quentin Tarantino to shoot a music video for Gang Bang, but this never materialized.

-During the time "Superstar" was supposed to be the 4th single of MDNA, Madonna was going to shoot a music video for it around October 2012. She was going to wear a "Terror Bride" costume in it, which she was really proud of, but was advised to not wear it as it would put her life at risk and at the end, no video was ever made. Superstar was instead released as a promo single.

-"Devil Pray" was at some point considered to be a single during the Rebel Heart era (ended up being a promo single) and a video script was written by Joseph Kahn which involved a young Madonna and an older Madonna. No video was ever shot at the end.

-After popular demand, it seemed that Madonna was on board to shoot a music video for "Faz Gostoso", with her putting the hashtag #waitingforanitta on many instagram posts, despite initially telling that she had no budget left for the Madame X era videos at the time. In the end, no video was shot.

wowww I wud have loved videos for Angel, Nothing Fails, Impressive instant, Gang Bang, Superstar, Devil Pray and Faz.

I know from a reliable source that an unreleased video for "Give it 2 me" has been shot. The unreleased pictures that leaked of M with the blue pants on the treadmill are supposed to come from the set of the video. She probably didn't like the way she looked cause she also never released the pictures from that shooting (just one for the cover of Interview Magazine on the Boxing ring but she was wearing a different outfit).

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

There are no unreleased videos - alternate versions / early edits of released videos would or do exist

RE: Holiday, the decision was made to record a video for Burning Up instead (6 months after it's release) as MTV was mainly promoting rock videos at the time. M confirms no video for Holiday in her April 1984 Australian interview with Molly Meldrum in an outtake. 

https://www.facebook.com/MadonnaAustralia/videos/1916011088528089

F7EOaoAb0AA6fvj.jpg

If any post should be regarded, it's this one.  Like some stated, there aren't any videos she filmed that are unreleased. They would have leaked by now.  She's never directed her own video either.  I wish people would state their sources before posting "I read...blah blah blah" as if it's factual.  Just because you think you read it somewhere, doesn't make it true. :)

5 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

I know from a reliable source that an unreleased video for "Give it 2 me" has been shot. The unreleased pictures that leaked of M with the blue pants on the trendmill are supposed to come from the set of the video. She probably didn't like the way she looked cause she also never released the pictures from that shooting (just one for the cover of Interview Magazine on the Boxing ring but she was wearing a different outfit).

I find that difficult to believe since no footage from the hard candy shoot was used as a video at any point.

4 minutes ago, littlestartman said:

I find that difficult to believe since no footage from the hard candy shoot was used as a video at any point.

You're right there was no unreleased video for GI2M.  :)

7 minutes ago, Donna said:

You're right there was no unreleased video for GI2M.  :)

Before S&S began, i was convinced and prayed she would use video footage of the Dazed & Confused would be used for a remix of DAD interlude...imagine my face when the setlist leaked!