Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024

I’ve never been more proud of being a fan than last nigh, it was spectacular, the livestream captured the nature of the show so well, when she got on stage for a few seconds i felt just the way i felt in Paris back in november. The only thing i wish is that her live vocals would be a bit more prominent because the sounded great under the track but i understand the nature of keeping it safe for a live TV. 

Not gonna lie, before this tour started i was a little worried it was gonna be a drag queen lip sync mess but last night and on the whole tour she served nothing but excelence. 

I mean her looks, her body, her stamima, vocals, moves, charisma, stage presence, she was on fire and gave us everything last night. 

Ate and left no crumbs. I’m so happy for her. 

24 minutes ago, martassak said:

I’ve never been more proud of being a fan than last nigh, it was spectacular, the livestream captured the nature of the show so well, when she got on stage for a few seconds i felt just the way i felt in Paris back in november. The only thing i wish is that her live vocals would be a bit more prominent because the sounded great under the track but i understand the nature of keeping it safe for a live TV. 

Not gonna lie, before this tour started i was a little worried it was gonna be a drag queen lip sync mess but last night and on the whole tour she served nothing but excelence. 

I mean her looks, her body, her stamima, vocals, moves, charisma, stage presence, she was on fire and gave us everything last night. 

Ate and left no crumbs. I’m so happy for her. 

I agree 100% ... and thank you for the beautiful words...

The only thing that is weird to me is that if you watch fan recordings from last night the backing tracks are much less loud than on the broadcast. I have really no idea how things like that work. Seems like they have a different audio output for the broadcast or something ( hope im saying this right)... 

Anyway you summed it up perfectly ❤️

This tour is amazing..

• Enrico changed the title to Rio de Janeiro live May 4, 2024
  • Enrico featured and pinned this topic
49 minutes ago, True Blue 84 said:

I agree 100% ... and thank you for the beautiful words...

The only thing that is weird to me is that if you watch fan recordings from last night the backing tracks are much less loud than on the broadcast. I have really no idea how things like that work. Seems like they have a different audio output for the broadcast or something ( hope im saying this right)... 

Anyway you summed it up perfectly ❤️

This tour is amazing..

There are separate live mixes done for the venue sound system and the broadcast in any broadcast situation, even things like award shows. In this case the broadcast mix favored the pre-recorded vocals for whatever reason. If they decide to release this officially they will likely go back and remix it to be more balanced (or however Madonna wants it).

14 minutes ago, litemakr said:

There are separate live mixes done for the venue sound system and the broadcast in any broadcast situation, even things like award shows. In this case the broadcast mix favored the pre-recorded vocals for whatever reason. If they decide to release this officially they will likely go back and remix it to be more balanced (or however Madonna wants it).

Thank you ❤️...

13 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

I think those are the songs that sounded after she ended, when people were leaving.

I remember the instrumental of "The Power Of Good-Bye" was used for the end of the show when the lights turn on to invite people to leave, from the US shows I think.

But not part of the set-list.

18 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think those are the songs that sounded after she ended, when people were leaving.

I remember the instrumental of "The Power Of Good-Bye" was used for the end of the show when the lights turn on to invite people to leave, from the US shows I think.

But not part of the set-list.

It is weird they listed those two songs though.  After all, MJ's "Wanna Be Starting Something" is customary at the start of the show, but never was mentioned.  They probably should removed those two songs at the end, because before long we are going to have people insisting that she was actually going to sing those songs, but chose not to. However, that link shows what songs were performed at the show, not what songs that didn't make the set list.

3 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

Why she not made Mother and Father and Argentina?!

"Mother And Father" time was sacrificed for a commercial break before "I Don't Search I Find" interlude (which I found funny, since she never accepted commercial breaks for broadcasted shows in the past). And probably she thought it was too much, too intimate, whatever for such a big show (it is really, I love the song but...).

"Argentina" was changed for "Music" samba version.

56 minutes ago, Donna said:

It is weird they listed those two songs though.  After all, MJ's "Wanna Be Starting Something" is customary at the start of the show, but never was mentioned.  They probably should removed those two songs at the end, because before long we are going to have people insisting that she was actually going to sing those songs, but chose not to. However, that link shows what songs were performed at the show, not what songs that didn't make the set list.

The Power of Goodbye played just after the finale. I was quite surprised/worried when I heard it because I thought it was an encore/farewell announcement. But it was an instrumental version playing as the Disco ball slowly disappeared.

What a night! What a great final show of the tour!

Idk what their plan is for a release of the tour but I’d love it if she and Jonas quickly edited it (LIGHTLY- just for picking the best shots and maybe fixing the sound so you can hear her live vocal a bit more) and got it up on streaming as soon as they can. Make it available in the nearish future to capitalize on the momentum.

She can release additional show(s) or a tour doc or whatever separately.

11 hours ago, Alibaba said:

This was real. I loved seeing Madonna get messy in sweat! I think there were a few missed opportunities with choices of wide shots vs close-ups, but they captured the show well! It was a monumental achievement considering where Madonna was at just ten months ago, and she has re-cemented her status as the global icon she deserves to be seen as.

I can’t believe it’s all over! The Celebration Tour era started almost a year and a half ago, and once again I will see this as a very particular time in life. I hope you all feel this in your own special way! How lucky we are to be able to look back on our lives always having Madonna as a reference point. She’s quite extraordinary. This feels bittersweet! I will miss the frenzy of posts that the tour inspired. Who knows what’s next or when it will transpire, but it’s been a blast! 💛 

I got teary eyed my friend 

She’s ONE not in a lifetime but in many many lifetimes. 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic