Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

So what? There have been prejudices against her from the very beginning, through every single high and low of her entire career. It has never stopped her from doing what she wants...hence why she is Madonna. It's one of the things that makes her so great, and separates her from nearly all her peers. If she followed your logic, why would she (or anyone) have bothered to try anything in the first place...to wait around until others approve?! Her entire life/personality/body of work/etc. is a living testament against that kind of thinking.

If there was enough interest to sell out a world tour, let alone make history with Rio...there will be interest in a film (when the time comes).

Well said!  I'm boggled by how some fans constantly focus on how she is perceived by those who never liked her and the negativity thrown at her as if she should re-think in doing anything or not do it.  This woman has suffered from prejudices since coming on the scene. It's safe to say that if she's made it this long, then she'll be fine no matter how this film is perceived.  At the end of the day, I know some will hate it and pick it a part, while others will just enjoy it for what it is.  I don't let anyone else decide for me if I'm going to like Madonna or her projects. I don't care what the detractors say and obviously Madonna doesn't let those people stop her from doing so!  I'm a fan of her work and her vision, not what I want her to be!  That would be so basic!!

What is wrong with you people, yes a lot of people on social media dislike her, as they dislike EVERYTHING!!! social media keyboard warriors who live on their mother basements hate EVERYBODY. And they are very vocal about their hate of dogs, cats, gays, lesbians, Ronaldo, Burger King, The US, Mexico, Brasil, Black, Asian, Latin, White, Arab, Catholic Etc, etc haven’t you made that connection already???

But there are millions who worship, adore, like, love or are at least intrigued by her, where have you been the last year, she just did her greatest show of her career and you are whining about people don’t liking her ffs!!!

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

22 hours ago, Andreo said:

Random but this comment from a ATRL user is sending me :dead:

It begins with Madonna sitting in a team meeting. Her phone lights up -- A text from Guy: "I want to see a marriage counselor".

She closes her eyes. She sighs. A montage of clips gossiping about her adoption, her marriage struggles, her age...these flash across the screen. She is tired of the controversies and personal life challenges. 

She opens them and stares at the group of Warner A&R Reps. Silence.

"Candy Shop. That's the single."

"....no..." says one of the Reps. "Absolutely not. We're doing the Justin Timberlake song".

She smiles. She knows what she is doing. She has a plan. A flash of Candy Shop performances from future tours flashes before her eyes.

"Fine. We'll call the record Hard Candy"

"But Madonna, it's already called Give It 2 Me, and we have the boxing theme photoshoot already comple--"

"Hard Candy."

She is a freedom fighter.

Title credits roll: Madonna: Still Sticky, Still Sweet -- The Biopic.

Such an AMAZING OPENING FOR MOVIE!!!

@Leona Helmsley if this won't make you come back to Infinity, then I don't know what else! Our favourite M album ever stealing the scene!!!

And to you, @InterlacedGeek, wanna know something? I know ur reputation. I won't ever read what you've replied to me, let alone reply you back, I know you are desperate to try prove YOU'RE THE GUY. And guess what?, YOU'RE NOT. So don't you even try reply this of me back, even to all your insecurity. God bless ya.

@Pedro Beltran your jail bitch will be front row if THIS IS THE EXACT OPENING FOR MOVIE!!! FVCK OSCARS!!! Never a movie has felt THIS GOOD!!!

I'm not bothered by the movie, we knew she was doing it sooner or later. There was no way she was going to scrap the whole project. I'm kind of sad about two things here: this means no new album any time soon. I don't see her doing a movie and an album at the same time. Also, what about the Celebration Tour film? Are there any plans for a streaming version/DVD/Blu-ray/whatever of the tour? I don't think she would leave someone else in charge of the editing. She's been fully involved in editing since the MDNA Tour, which I haven't been a fan of, lol. :Madonna032:

Anyways, let's see how everything turns out. :Madonna047:

big ang reality GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Whew! 7 pages late but you girls are killing me! Absolutely not having it at all🤣

For the 100th time. Write a 12,000 page autobiography for us Macadamias. Put out a new record at the time time. She and everyone else can then make all the terrible movies, mini series, musicals etc based on it that I will devour and read to filth with glee. But we want her life in her own words and new music. And let's keep it real. Lifetime doing "Life With My Sister Madonna" is all we really need.

23 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

big ang reality GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Whew! 7 pages late but you girls are killing me! Absolutely not having it at all🤣

For the 100th time. Write a 12,000 page autobiography for us Macadamias. Put out a new record at the time time. She and everyone else can then make all the terrible movies, mini series, musicals etc based on it that I will devour and read to filth with glee. But we want her life in her own words and new music. And let's keep it real. Lifetime doing "Life With My Sister Madonna" is all we really need.

Lifetime is making that now?

5 hours ago, sara94 said:

If this rumor is true i expect her to upload something related to it on her social media in the coming days. 

yeah dramatically ... 

6 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Hire a brilliant director and an unknown girl for the lead role. Cast the whole country to find a girl who has the magnetic beauty of Madonna. That's an important part of her personna. She's one of the most attractive girl of the show business, she has a unique beauty, italian face features with glamour and audacity in the face. They should find that unique girl somewhere... A raw talent. Even if it's in a farm of the south of the United States or in a small village of Italy... Just like when Jean-Jacques Beineix chose the young and unknow Beatrice Dalle for the movie 37°2 le matin ("Betty blue" in the US). He first saw her as she was homeless and begging for money on the streets of Paris.  The Madonna biopic needs that kind of raw and unique talent.

Agree, 100%, it's one of the main points I'm not excited about this, I add. Surely Garner doesn't and NEVER will have it. Pough was a much better choice in terms of grit and expressiveness, still not close in terms of sweetness and sexyness though. She's so rare that it really had to be a bet to find the right girl. Because she also had to be trained apparently as the candidates had to face long dancing and singing casting rehearsals, so she hardly could have been a girl from the street.

21 minutes ago, stefo said:

yeah dramatically ... 

Agree, 100%, it's one of the main points I'm not excited about this, I add. Surely Garner doesn't and NEVER will have it. Pough was a much better choice in terms of grit and expressiveness, still not close in terms of sweetness and sexyness though. She's so rare that it really had to be a bet to find the right girl. Because she also had to be trained apparently as the candidates had to face long dancing and singing casting rehearsals, so she hardly could have been a girl from the street.

Yeah actually the biggest and hardest challenge of that project is to find the right girl. It's also one of the most important point in my opinion, so the though search is really worth. Even it means searching in all the locals and underground dancing schools, it's worth it. I believe no famous actress can play Madonna, weither it's Julia, Florence or any other already known girl. They gotta find the rare, unknown and raw jewel. 

19 minutes ago, sara94 said:

Yeah i have to agree with you. Julia doesn't have her charisma and personality, and she doesn't really look like her at all. I hate to be pessimistic but i'm worried. I just want her to succeed

Oh a nice fan and a kind person here ...

Me honestly, I just find this thing very long and boring and want her to give me new music :lol:

Queen Laughing GIF

23 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Everyone saying they don't want this will be seated in the theatre / cinema when this is finally released. No one likes a whiner

So true! 

I can't lie. I'm skeptical like so many of you, but, then when I think of it being one big long story and video on Madonna (with many of her songs, remixes, and even some new material too), I lighten up and one eye goes up. I'LL BE THERE!!!  :jamming::fire:

Tribute I Volunteer GIF

2 hours ago, sara94 said:

nd she doesn't really look like her at all.

It's gonna be worse for her when the times come to play play sexagenarian Madonna in the movie. Will she have her face botched and plump or will they use special effects, or even AI?

7 hours ago, Gonzus said:

Do you think Like a virgin is trash?

I will get annhilated for this but i cant stand this album. Dont get me wrong, i give it a whole listen once per year, but it's just so boring and lifeless compared to her other 80s work... Great single songs such as Love Dont Live, Dress You Up and title track but overall i just cant enjoy It... Hopefully they put Into The Groove and Crazy for You in a future edition, id enjoy it way more tbh

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I will get annhilated for this but i cant stand this album. Dont get me wrong, i give it a whole listen once per year, but it's just so boring and lifeless compared to her other 80s work... Great single songs such as Love Dont Live, Dress You Up and title track but overall i just cant enjoy It... Hopefully they put Into The Groove and Crazy for You in a future edition, id enjoy it way more tbh

Ban 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic